*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,237 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
corleoneAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

corleoneAg99 said:

I doubt they commit to anything until the Romo situation is resolved. Just trading him to the Broncos for a 1st and a 2nd sounds pretty easy but the reality is probably much more complicated.

In fact I think Peter King was on the radio this AM saying that he felt Houston would be the best fit and that the Broncos have no interest because they are committed to developing Lynch and having Siemian hold down the fort.

Jerry now has to decide whether he will do what Romo wants, which is be released, or will he shop him for the best deal?
Doesn't Houston have too much money in Osweieler to pick up Romo, too?

If Dallas releases Romo than it's possible. If Jerry locks in on trading him than it's also possible but only if Romo restructures which would mean he would need to REALLY want to play for that team because he'd be volunteering for a paycut in a trade to a team he may not really want to play for.

This is why Romo just wants to be released but that leaves Jerry with nothing in return but a few mill in cap relief.
jtstanley4621
AG
I would laugh endlessly at my Houston friends who spent SO MUCH time and effort talking **** about Romo watch in horror as easily the best QB to ever put on a Texans uniform play for them and they end up having to support him.
Reginald Cousins
S
MooreTrucker said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Garrett has refused to commit to Dak starting in 2017?

Reggie stop.
No, it's not just Reggie. It's a thing. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.
Ag12thman
AG
I had an update from a source on my phone stating that Romo's organization of choice is the Broncos.
MooreTrucker
AG
That's what I heard too. Makes the most sense. He's better than Simien and a good mentor for the other kid...Lynch?
Grapesoda2525
A lot of Texans fans want Romo badly. I really don't like the thought of releasing him for nothing and making someone else a super bowl contender. Even if it's a 2nd round pick or something, I want to do that. I just want to see them get something.
corleoneAg99
AG
I'm sure Romo would love to go to Denver...but do they want him when they need to develop Paxton Lynch who they traded up to take last year?

If Romo ends up in Denver it won't be because Jerry got picks out of Elway in trade...and this is why the "not committing" game is being played.

Houston is a much better fit IMO.
DannyDuberstein
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

I'm sure Romo would love to go to Denver...but do they want him when they need to develop Paxton Lynch who they traded up to take last year?

If Romo ends up in Denver it won't be because Jerry got picks out of Elway in trade...and this is why the "not committing" game is being played.

I think after going from champs to sitting at home because of youth at QB, Denver may be eager to seize the opportunity. They have Lynch for 5 years. Another year or so of waiting won't hurt
Reginald Cousins
S
Ag12thman said:

I had an update from a source on my phone stating that Romo's organization of choice is the Broncos.

Yes. He said that publicly that were he traded that's his ideal spot.
corleoneAg99
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

corleoneAg99 said:

I think after going from champs to sitting at home because of youth at QB, Denver may be eager to seize the opportunity. They have Lynch for 5 years. Another year or so of waiting won't hurt
Cool but that's not what Peter King was reporting....was just passing that along.
Ag12thman
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Ag12thman said:

Yes. He said that publicly that were he traded that's his ideal spot.
Yep - that's what the update basically said. They'd be right back to a contender if they can protect him with that defense. Of course the defense may change now with a new HC and DC.
ac04
MooreTrucker said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Garrett has refused to commit to Dak starting in 2017?

Reggie stop.
No, it's not just Reggie. It's a thing. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.

it really isn't a thing if you read between the lines a bit IMO
Ag Natural
AG
If you wanted to trade Romo the best thing to say publicly is you might keep him and let him try to get the job back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.