*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,403 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
birdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assume you were NFL General Manager... If you could trade your quarterback for Dak, would you? Straight trade.

Would the Patriots make a trade Tom Brady for Dak Prescott? They might. They would probably take the very good quarterback who is sixteen years younger. Same with Roethlisberger, Brees, or Rodgers.

Would you trade Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, or Cam Newton for Dak? They're young quarterbacks, but I'd rather have Dak and his upside.

The fact that my hypothetical question is not ridiculous tells you all you need to know.
Reginald Cousins
S
PooDoo said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Meh. I like the snap count idea.
How would a snap count kept his knee from popping the first practice of training camp or whatever it was?

I'm gonna act like you're pretending to be this dense.
Rudyjax
AG
Silly question. He's the cheapest starter in the league.
RedlineAg08
I think Romo is a top 5 QB in the league right now and we'd all take Dak over him at the moment. So there isn't any other QB I'd trade him for either..

Remember, a trade would mess with this teams chemistry. And that chemistry is precisely why we're sticking within Dak.
PooDoo
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

PooDoo said:

Reginald Cousins said:

How would a snap count kept his knee from popping the first practice of training camp or whatever it was?

I understand the concept. I don't think it applies to guys like Sean Lee.
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Reginald Cousins said:

PooDoo said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Agreed. I've never personally felt like many of his injuries have been due to "wearing down".
Reginald Cousins
S
PatAg said:

PooDoo said:

Reginald Cousins said:

PooDoo said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Agreed. I've never personally felt like many of his injuries have been due to "wearing down".
Never said it did. What I'm getting at is 1 second of exposure is all it takes. I'd rather him avoid some seconds before the playoffs.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm obviously with Reginald on this since I'm the one who brought it up.

Obviously their playoff position is far from set and they need to chase that #1 spot. However Garrett has shown that even in games that are well in hand he plays the starters deep into the 4th Q. He did this in 14 during that playoff run and has done it this year already as well (see Cleveland game). Its a simple probability thing. If his snaps can be reduced even just a little bit, then the chances of him getting hurt are reduced just a little bit.

Nobody is saying bench him completely. But I think a case can be made to recognize that this has the potential to be a very special season, and he's got a long injury history , and maybe they should put in some controls on his reps to limit that probability.
Agnzona
I'd prefer Tonys first reps are in a blowout win and not a game Dak is struggling in.
tannerr0703
AG
I much as I dont want to mess with the mojo right now I cant help but be a little curious on how Romo would do with probably the best supporting cast hes had.
BowSowy
AG
birdman said:

Assume you were NFL General Manager... If you could trade your quarterback for Dak, would you? Straight trade.

Would the Patriots make a trade Tom Brady for Dak Prescott? They might. They would probably take the very good quarterback who is sixteen years younger. Same with Roethlisberger, Brees, or Rodgers.

Would you trade Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, or Cam Newton for Dak? They're young quarterbacks, but I'd rather have Dak and his upside.

The fact that my hypothetical question is not ridiculous tells you all you need to know.
I see what you're saying, but I think those three all have equal or greater upside than Dak.
jr15aggie
AG
tannerr0703 said:

I much as I dont want to mess with the mojo right now I cant help but be a little curious on how Romo would do with probably the best supporting cast hes had.
We know exactly how this team would be doing with Romo in there!

I get what you are saying... curiosity!!! But it probably wouldn't take more than a couple quarters of Romo at QB for us to say, "oh yeah, now I remember this guy... OK, let's put Dak back in". And it wouldn't be because Romo sucks, but Dak is just better. Crazy!

snowdog90
A healthy Romo would be doing great with this team. He went 12-4 2 seasons ago. Would he be 9-1? Who knows... The fact is that Dak is not just a rookie doing better than expected, playing well for a rookie. This is Dak playing like Tom Brady. That's what it has taken to make Romo a backup.

Romo made the statement he did because he sees what Dak is. It's not flukey, it's not luck. Dak is the real deal, and only getting better. He's much better than Ben was as a rookie. Last game he was in total control in the second half, audibling a lot. This kid is special, Cowboys got incredibly lucky, Romo not so much.
Rudyjax
AG
Broncos Cowboys 2018 Super Bowl.

Romo v Dak.
PooDoo
AG
I don't think Romo would be 9-1... He might be 10-0 or 7-3.
Forcing the offensive coaches play calling and game planning to be more conservative has been very instrumental in the teams' success.

How many times have we seen Garrett or whomever get pass happy with Romo and pass themselves out of a game?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i think we beat the Giants but lose to the Eagles with Romo. all other games the same. so still 9-1.

of course, who the hell knows though.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Quote:

i think we beat the Giants but lose to the Eagles with Romo.
Definitely agree with that. There were several times Dak escaped pressure where Tomy is probably sacked.
Rudyjax
AG
Sorta disagree. They only got pass happy when they had no running game. They didn't do it much in 2014.
JW
AG
Doesn't matter. Romo would not make it through the season upright.
tannerr0703
AG
PooDoo said:

I don't think Romo would be 9-1... He might be 10-0 or 7-3.
Forcing the offensive coaches play calling and game planning to be more conservative has been very instrumental in the teams' success.

How many times have we seen Garrett or whomever get pass happy with Romo and pass themselves out of a game?
The conservative play with Dak led us to that loss against the Giants. I think I noticed for the first time during the Green Bay game how they started trusting Dak and his decision making ability.

They still get a little too pass happy in the red zone at times.

We could have easily lost the Washington game as well. Im very confident about playing them now as this teams seems to have gotten much better and been through the adversity. Unfortanutely, it looks like washington has improved a bit too. Should be fun.
PooDoo
AG
I am nervous about the Redskins game.

This will be the 1st team to have a 2nd shot against us with plenty of film on Dak. Plus, I doubt Cousins missed on 3-4 wide open receivers again.

I think we are due a loss or two over the next 6 games but I hope it's not in the division.
Macarthur
I am nervous about the skins too. They are hot.

However, one thing that I think is a major advantage for us is playing the early game at home followed by a Thursday home game. Wash, on the other hand, had a late Sunday road game and has to go on the road again for Turkey Day.
PatAg
AG
really sucks that we are missing 2 of our starting secondary. Hoping someone can really step up in the pass rush and put pressure on Cousins.
BassCowboy33
Washington is nearly dead last in stopping the run and they live on big plays. The two things that Dallas excels at doing and stopping. I expect a high scoring game where both teams get in the 30's.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i'd say with it being a 2nd look on rookie Dak, how bad Cousins looked the last game (and not likely to look that bad again), and us due for a trap game loss, plus short week a loss looks very possible.

but then again, this team has been full of surprises so who knows.
jr15aggie
AG
Keep in mind Washington played Sunday night... Probably didn't get into bed until after 2 AM Monday morning.

That happened to us in 2014 and we got physically stomped...and then won the rest of our games.

I'll be impressed if Washington can match our physicality tomorrow.
tannerr0703
AG
Washington missed a few passes and opportunities last time but dont forget Zekes fumbles (think he had two?) and the fact it was Daks second game. He hadnt even thrown a touchdown yet till against the Bears i believe.
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

Keep in mind Washington played Sunday night... Probably didn't get into bed until after 2 AM Monday morning.

That happened to us in 2014 and we got physically stomped...and then won the rest of our games.

this - I remember the eggles running us out by halftime. That game was brutal.
Rudyjax
AG
DSAg44 said:

jr15aggie said:

this - I remember the eggles running us out by halftime. That game was brutal.

Eagles were on the road too.
BassCowboy33
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

i'd say with it being a 2nd look on rookie Dak, how bad Cousins looked the last game (and not likely to look that bad again), and us due for a trap game loss, plus short week a loss looks very possible.

but then again, this team has been full of surprises so who knows.

Is it possible to have a trap game against a 6-3-1 division rival? Also, as a former college player, I can firmly say that "trap games" are mostly a media invention. Sometimes it's just the other guy's day.
PooDoo
AG
Draft update:
Myles Jack only has 16 more tackles than Jaylen Smith.

and Jalen Ramsey has been caught crying on the sideline more times than he has interceptions.
Grapesoda2525
The game on Turkey day is extremely important because the Giants play the Browns who are winless this Sunday. Can't let the Giants gain ground before we play them.
BMX Bandit
Heard it here first: Browns win Sunday
jr15aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Heard it here first: Browns win Sunday

Every time you lose you are that much closer to winning...the Browns gotta be really close now!
Grapesoda2525
The giants usually play down to their competition and make the game a nail biter. It could happen, but the Giants seem to be really good at winning close games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.