*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,316 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's prob going to end up a 1st and 2nd.
BMX Bandit
He's 9 years younger than Romo & played all but 2 games in 2015.

There's really no situation that compares to Romo's.
Goldie Wilson
BMX Bandit said:

He's 9 years younger than Romo & played all but 2 games in 2015.

There's really no situation that compares to Romo's.
in terms of an older QB being traded, McNabb is the closest I can come up with
Goldie Wilson
Culpepper wasn't as old as Romo, but he was coming off injury when he was traded to Miami.
corleoneAg99
AG
Macarthur said:

For Romo?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

2nd maybe a longshot but possible i suppose. Id truly be shocked if they got a #1.
PooDoo
AG
Dan 07 said:

Agnzona said:

So then who comes in during the 4th qtr of the NFC championship game if Dak twist his ankle down by 7?
A twisted ankle? Dak better get his ass back in the game
Dak finished a high school game with a torn MCL... it would have to be worse than a sprain to keep him out.
BassCowboy33
Guys, don't worry. The Sanchize has all the playoff experience we need if Dak ever gets hurt.
Reginald Cousins
S
BassCowboy33 said:

Guys, don't worry. The Sanchize has all the playoff experience we need if Dak ever gets hurt.

And he can butt fumble.
DTP02
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Agnzona said:

So then who comes in during the 4th qtr of the NFC championship game if Dak twist his ankle down by 7?
Romo. He might be a little rusty, but he does have many years of experience.

He's generally struggled when coming back from a layoff. I don't know why they wouldn't let him knock some rust off in this game when he's clearly the guy you turn to in the playoffs if Dak goes down.

Maybe it's the Tyron Smith injury.
BMX Bandit
Archer & Schefter both reporting that Romo will play this weekend
Reginald Cousins
S
BMX Bandit said:

FIFY.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18375924/dallas-cowboys-expected-play-tony-romo-sunday-regular-season-finale
BassCowboy33
Sound the feasting horn!
Goldie Wilson
But what about his trade value?!?!
jr15aggie
AG
Dan 07 said:

But what about his trade value?!?!

Well, if he takes a bone crunching hit, gets up smiling, and then throws 3 TDs to beats the Eagles it skyrockets.

If he takes 1 sack and something breaks... you'll just have to use your imagination.

I'm personally very excited to see him play.
corleoneAg99
AG
Yeah this is why he's not returning a 1st or a 2nd much less both otherwise they wouldn't play him.

Teams need to see him survive a series before they outlay a top 100 pick.
Macarthur
corleoneAg99 said:

Macarthur said:

For Romo?
No. That's what the Bradford trade will end up.

I'm not saying he will bring that much but I think it's insane that he brings something like a sixth or some sh*t like that.
PooDoo
AG
It's a no lose situation.
If he still has a little Jedi magic left in him we can trade him... If Fletcher Cox plays Darth Vader and turns him into a pile of laundry he can retire and teach Dak the ways of the force.
mike_ags_fan12
Is Romo Ring of Honor worthy?
BassCowboy33
mike_ags_fan12 said:

About as much as Danny White and definitely more than Charles Haley.
jr15aggie
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

I think this is a much more appropriate spot (instead of the HOF). Definitely one of the great Cowboys of all time and should be remembered despite not winning a Super Bowl.
mike_ags_fan12
How is Danny white not in?? Romo=Danny
corleoneAg99
AG
Macarthur said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Macarthur said:

For Romo?

I'm not saying he will bring that much but I think it's insane that he brings something like a sixth or some sh*t like that.

Gotcha. Assuming Romo looks ok I'd say high side is a 3rd and maybe a conditional later round pick. Even if he makes it through 2 series on Sunday his health history and age limit his trade value no matter what IMO.
corleoneAg99
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Without question. He, Witten, and Ware carried the team when personnel otherwise was inconsistent/mediocre.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BMX Bandit said:

nice, something to look forward to watching in that game.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

Without question. He, Witten, and Ware carried the team when personnel otherwise was inconsistent/mediocre.
hell yes he is. and i can guarantee you he'll be in barring some sort of child molestation scandal.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

How is Danny white not in?? Romo=Danny
dont wana derail this thread. but i loved White too. he was my favorite player back in the day. and i think he kinda got a raw deal. but Romo is the better QB by far imho. not saying White doesn't belong in the ROH, just saying Romo is the better QB.
FTAggies
Dallas radio guys said it best; who gives a damn about saving your backup QB for trade value when you're the no. 1 seed and are a legitimate SB contender? Romo could seriously help you win the freaking lombardi trophy and up until now people(Jerry) were talking about sparing him playing time to trade him for the future. The guy needs to get reps in, as we saw how crappy he was last year without any prep. Bledsoe helped win the AFC championship, Romo might be called upon to do that and more and he needs to knock off the rust, especially considering last year.
eye-gor
AG
Agreed. I also like that Witten is so close to breaking the franchise receiving yards record and would love to see Romo be the guy to throw him the ball.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Since Jerry decides 100% who makes the Ring of Honor, Tony is a lock.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
there's an opposite side to the "Keep Tony out of the game to preserve his value" argument.

teams can also say, "he hasn't even been in a game in over a year, and didn't take a single snap in 2016..and you want a 2nd rounder for him?? LOL".

i think they should play him and play him a good amount. he should get way more reps than Sanchez imho.
birdman
Ring of Honor, off season trade value, legacy? Have yall lost your mind? The Cowboys are trying to win the damn Superbowl.

If Prescott gets hurts, who is coming in? Sanchez or Romo? In case you haven't watched much football this season, quarterbacks get hurt all the time. It's unusual for one guy to start all 16 games. Neither Sanchez nor Romo has played enough to be sharp. Get prepared for the playoffs.

Figure out who your backup is going to be for the playoffs and get him ready for the playoffs. And while you are at it, get the third string guy some reps too.
MooreTrucker
AG
birdman said:

If Prescott gets hurts, who is coming in? Sanchez or Romo? In case you haven't watched much football this season, quarterbacks get hurt all the time. It's unusual for one guy to start all 16 games. Neither Sanchez nor Romo has played enough to be sharp. Get prepared for the playoffs.

Wentz is starting for the Eagles Sunday and he'll be the first Eagle QB to start 16 games since 80-something.
PatAg
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Macarthur said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Macarthur said:

For Romo?

Gotcha. Assuming Romo looks ok I'd say high side is a 3rd and maybe a conditional later round pick. Even if he makes it through 2 series on Sunday his health history and age limit his trade value no matter what IMO.
A team that is trading for Romo is potentially getting the piece that can take them to the Super Bowl (houston or denver). I bet he get's at least a 2nd, and I could see a first being possible too.
corleoneAg99
AG
Houston is dropping a 1 and a 2 for Romo after paying Brock and needing to fill more than a few spots on the team via the draft?

Elway seems like the kind of guy who will just pay the sticker price of a 1 and a 2 when he was willing to go into this season with a spare and a rookie?

Ok.

We can just agree to disagree. I don't think teams will pay that premium for a guy who hasn't been able to stay on the field for two years. We'll see.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.