*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,372 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Gigem Trevas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the cowboys win by 10.
CSWendt
I just don't think Dak has the stats to get him the MVP. Great stats for a rookie QB, and stats i'd definitely live with for a QB. In comparison to other MVP QB's in history he doesn't quite stack up.

Dak 3,667 yards 29 Total TD 4 INT
Cam 3837 yards 45 Total TD 10 INT
Rodgers 4381 yards 40 Total TD 5 INT
Peyton 5477 yards 56 Total TD 10 INT

That's just the last 3 QB MVP winners.
TyHolden
AG
MVP is cowboys ol...give it to them.
TyHolden
AG
where do you buy dallas cowboys jerseys nowadays? besides online...
BMX Bandit
DSAg44 said:

Gual Mart has mucho
TyHolden
AG
BMX Bandit said:

DSAg44 said:

Gual Mart has mucho
real jerseys - not the tshirt jerseys that academy has.

something that goes with my cargo pants...
Rudyjax
AG
DSAg44 said:

The Cowboys store in the mall?
TyHolden
AG
Unthought Known said:

DSAg44 said:

only in esse and dallas. i guess they are in san antonio because we are the official team of little mehico.
Rudyjax
AG
DSAg44 said:

Unthought Known said:

DSAg44 said:

only in esse and dallas. i guess they are in san antonio because we are the official team of little mehico.

What??
TyHolden
AG
Unthought Known said:

DSAg44 said:

Unthought Known said:

DSAg44 said:

What??
dallas cowboys pro shops only located in dallas and san antonio...
Rudyjax
AG
Pretty sure there is one in every mall In the Metroplex.

Not just Dallas.
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Lots of talk on shows about Rodgers as MVP

This I really don't understand... the guy was downright bad at times early in the season. The whole body of work does not = MVP... his last name is the only reason he's a top candidate.

I'm still surprised Dak isn't running away with this thing. Team went 4-12 w/out Romo last year and 1 year later (same hurt Romo) Dak has them on top of the NFC. No doubt Zeke & Dak have hurt each other by splitting some votes.

Love the guy, but Dak shouldn't be running away with the MVP. Not even close.

Rogers has a legit claim to that award again. It's going to be him or Ryan. Both worthy
Gigem Trevas
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/emmitt-smith-cowboys-playoffs/
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

Pretty sure there is one in every mall In the Metroplex.

Not just Dallas.
We have one at the mall in Lubbock, so yeah, pretty much everywhere.
Reginald Cousins
S
Gigem Trevas said:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/emmitt-smith-cowboys-playoffs/

You beg me back to the legends board. I get kicked and you don't add me back?
Reginald Cousins
S
Zeke is my MVP. It won't matter to voters but just watch him block this year. Then couple that with everything else.
Ag12thman
AG
BMX Bandit said:

jr15aggie said:

Quote:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Lots of talk on shows about Rodgers as MVP

This I really don't understand... the guy was downright bad at times early in the season. The whole body of work does not = MVP... his last name is the only reason he's a top candidate.

I'm still surprised Dak isn't running away with this thing. Team went 4-12 w/out Romo last year and 1 year later (same hurt Romo) Dak has them on top of the NFC. No doubt Zeke & Dak have hurt each other by splitting some votes.

Love the guy, but Dak shouldn't be running away with the MVP. Not even close.

Rogers has a legit claim to that award again. It's going to be him or Ryan. Both worthy
Yep - agreed. Dak should not even be in the conversation. Elliott -- maybe, but it's that OL as much as it is him.

IMO, it's probably going to Rodgers, Ryan, or Brady. With the way Rodgers played the last 7 games, I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't go to him. He played his team into a legit Super Bowl contender when it looked like they were going to miss the playoffs altogether -- and it was primarily HIS play that has them in the place they are.
ac04
matt ryan should win it. not sure he actually will
BMX Bandit
Elliott should be for sure.

The OL is great, buts he's been a beast.

Don't know the final tally, but his yards after contact were great all year.
Ag12thman
AG
ac04 said:

matt ryan should win it. not sure he actually will
Just did a quick search and two websites show him as the favorite. One other one said Brady.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll concede the MVP thing for Dak... but as far as Rookie of the Year is concerned the ONLY choice, IMO, is to name Dak & Zeke co-rookies of the year. No way one deserves it more than the other... it's too good a story... give it to them!
jr15aggie
AG
On the injury front, Mo was a full participant in practice today. That could be a HUGE get for us going into the playoffs if he plays as well as he did early in the season!!! Really excited about this.

There was a list of limited participation guys... same guys that have been banged up recently, but the reports I'm hearing is that we'll have all hands on deck and that who-ever isn't on the active roster come Sunday will be a healthy scratch.
MooreTrucker
AG
I heard the same, that some were listed as "limited" but everyone was there and did practice.

I'm tellin' ya, this is shaping up to be special....
BMX Bandit
Zeke is more deserving of ROTY.
Ag12thman
AG
Yep.
jr15aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Why?

How can you say he's more deserving? We all said for years "We are screwed if Romo gets hurt or when he retires". And we had proof with multiple seasons in the crapper when he got hurt. Not so much this year thanks to a rookie QB.

I'm just curious how a case can be made that either are more deserving. It's cool if it's as simple as "it's just my opinion"... Me personally, I can't choose... Love Zeke, Love Dak... Give it to them both!
jteagle
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I don't see it that way. Last year Dallas had the same OL and and a 1000 yd rusher and won only one game with a QB not named Romo. Dak led the team to a 13-2 record and I think he should at least be a co-ROY.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

Why?

How can you say he's more deserving? We all said for years "We are screwed if Romo gets hurt or when he retires". And we had proof with multiple seasons in the crapper when he got hurt. Not so much this year thanks to a rookie QB.

I'm just curious how a case can be made that either are more deserving. It's cool if it's as simple as "it's just my opinion"... Me personally, I can't choose... Love Zeke, Love Dak... Give it to them both!
Because in his rookie year, with minimal action in pre-season, is leading the league in rushing yards and is one of the best running backs in the league.

Dak isn't a top 10 QB, doesn't have great stats other than wins and turn over %.
Reginald Cousins
S
PooDoo said:

jr15aggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

Why?

Because in his rookie year, with minimal action in pre-season, is leading the league in rushing yards and is one of the best running backs in the league.

Dak isn't a top 10 QB, doesn't have great stats other than wins and turn over %.

Perfect.
BMX Bandit
PooDoo said:

jr15aggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

Why?

This.

ac
The Cowboys have such a shop in Beaumont, despite being closer to Houston and equidistant from New Orleans.
Gigem Trevas
I wonder if there are more Cowboys than Texans fans in Houston.
corleoneAg99
AG
I don't think Dak should be MVP but he was #3 in QBR this year.

He was absolutely a top 10 QB this season.
CSWendt
IMO I think Dak should be ROY. When looking at the players in the lenses of a rookie Dak has been more impressive as a rookie QB to put up those numbers. But I'd give the edge in MVP to Zeke over Dak if I had to choose between the two
jr15aggie
AG
I have no words for the people who said / backed up the statement about how Daks stats weren't top 10.

Last time I checked a 5:1 TD / Int ratio and a top 3 QB rating over 100 was ELITE! He also rushed for 6 TDs.

It's probably the most impressive stats for a rookie QB ever.

Then again, some of this is coming from the group that went on for 3+ pages about how playing Romo might be the right move.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.