*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,439 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That would be huge. I love Seattle as a city, but that's the last place I'd want to go for a playoff game. Go bucs!
Confucius
Don't tease me Tampa Bay...
Confucius
Bucs win!! Cowboys now 2 games up on the 1 seed
Gigem Trevas
Nothing I enjoy more than a Cowboys win than a Seahawks loss.
jr15aggie
AG
13-3 will win home field advantage (assuming the Giants will not run the table).
BassCowboy33
Gigem Trevas said:

Nothing?
Grapesoda2525
Giants should lose at least 2 more games. I'm not too concerned about them.
Gigem Trevas
BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Nothing?

With regards to NFL football given the current state of the season. I didn't think I would need to explain this.
jr15aggie
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Nothing?

jr15aggie
AG
One more Giants loss and the division & home field is pretty much guaranteed. I don't see the Cowboys finishing any worse than 13-3.

I expect a Giants loss this weekend against the Steelers. The Giants have won 6 in a row and have been very 'meh' in recent games. Steelers and Ravens are both playing much better now and are gonna battle it out for their division. Steelers pound the Giants good at home I think... double digit loss for the G-Men!
Grapesoda2525
Agreed..... we beat the Ravens awhile back. They owe us one.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Nothing?

Someone gets the joke.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Lets Look at How the Contenders Are Closing Out:

Cowboys (10-1)

@Vikes
@Giants
Buccs
Lions
@Philly

Leaning 13-3 or 12-4

Seahawks (7-3-1)

Panthers
@Packers
Rams
Cards
@49ers

Leaning 11-4-1

Giants (8-3)

@Steelers
Cowboys
Lions
@Eagles
@Skins

Leaning 11-5

Lions (7-4)

@Saints
Bears
@Giants
@Cowboys
Packers

Leaning 10-6

Falcons (7-4)

Chiefs
@Rams
49ers
@Panthers
Saints

Leaning 11-5 with an outside shot at 12-4 that is a pretty favorable schedule to close the year out.

Based on this its nearing impossible anyone but Dallas to win that division. As for Home Field that is a little more uncertain but even there they really are in great shape as long as they take care of business and win the games they should. Win one of those three remaining on the road, and both home games and they lock up home field with Atlanta likely getting that 2nd seed and Atlanta really serving as the team primarily breathing down their neck keeping the pressure on. But if they take care of business, they shouldn't feel that much pressure as the season closes out.

One team that is kinda under the radar that I think Dallas might have match up problems with is Detroit. Their style of play on offense I can see putting up a ton of points on Dallas' D and keeping Dak/Zeke off the field. They are the type of offense that can convert lotsa 3rd downs against a D like ours and if we face them win or lose we are going to really wish we had that one more real edge rusher. If we get them, it would be in round 2 but I'm really hoping another team knocks them out before they can get to AT&T.

Grapesoda2525
I don't want to see the skins again...... in fairness tho, Cousins can't play any better than he did on thanksgiving and they still lost. I think Jay Gruden is a bonehead with the onside kick and sending a kicker out for a 55 yard fg in the glaring sun.
PooDoo
AG
Dak Interview

around the 2:40 mark Dak is asked about his stiff arm... then Jerry's quote about Dak being the daddy.

He cracked up the reporters when he admitted he had no idea what Jerry was talking about. Pretty funny.
jr15aggie
AG
Our eyes and brains say any team scares you with this defense. But yet here we are at 10-1 and beating teams by a wider margin than any other team in the league (+103 for the year). And as of last week we were 10th in points allowed.

There is nothing lucky about the 2016 Cowboys... they are just flat out good!

I fully expect the #1 seed at this point and I can only hope we don't play an NFC East opponent after the bye... anything can happen and the best team doesn't always win when you play a team for the 3rd time!
Ag Natural
AG
Based on what we've seen I'm not sure how you can predict anything but 15-1 or 14-2 at this point. This team knows how to win and they aren't going to rest even if they should. The team is too young and the reps are valuable.

As for the playoffs, great offensive teams are scary. Atl, NO, NYG and the Skins. The Lions, Seahawks and Eagles don't fit that description.

jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

Based on what we've seen I'm not sure how you can predict anything but 15-1 or 14-2 at this point. This team knows how to win and they aren't going to rest even if they should. The team is too young and the reps are valuable.

As for the playoffs, great offensive teams are scary. Atl, NO, NYG and the Skins. The Lions, Seahawks and Eagles don't fit that description.

Not sure I would classify NYG as a "great" offensive team. They have some dangerous weapons but have only scored 231 pts this season and have no running game. They have found ways to win this year but their offense is very inconsistent.
TyHolden
AG
Marinelli deserves hc somewhere. How about the ags after next season? Bring some toughness.
BassCowboy33
Ag Natural said:

If this team finishes 12-4 or 13-3, flashes of the late season collapse in 2007 will start flashing through our collective minds.
Gigem Trevas
DSAg44 said:

Marinelli deserves hc somewhere. How about the ags after next season? Bring some toughness.

Don't mess with the cowboys now.
jr15aggie
AG
DSAg44 said:

His last season as a head coach was 0-16 with Detroit! He's a coordinator.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Both Marinelli and Linehan are coordinators not HCs.

Linehan might actually get another shot though.
Sea Gull
AG
If it wasn't for the Cowboys this year, I would quit football. Lol.
jr15aggie
AG
Duck Patrol said:

If it wasn't for the Cowboys this year, I would quit football. Lol.
I temporarily did last year. Pretty sure I didn't even watch one of the Cowboy games which never happens. I'm the guy that makes everybody rewind it if I missed 1 play, but last year I was sleeping during games, etc. I never stopped caring, but what the Aggies & Cowboys put on the field last year was disgusting so I simply invested my time in other things.

But as soon as the season ended I was plugged in looking at draft stuff again hoping we could magically turn it around with some new rookies. And whatayaknow!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
FYI:

Zeke leads DeMarco Murray in rushing by 156 yards, but the Titans have a bye this week so that lead should grow significantly after this week.

David Johnson is 3rd and he trails Zeke by 278 yards.

Zeke on pace for 1,744 yards despite the fact that he's gone against 5 of the top 10 rushing defenses in the NFL (which include Philly & NY who we have to play again).
jtstanley4621
AG
Good for Murray bouncing back with the Titans. He's been surprisingly excellent this season. I thought that would be the end of the line for him in terms of productivity, but he's been very solid. They're actually fairly fun to watch.
Ag Natural
AG
jteagle said:

Ag Natural said:

Not sure I would classify NYG as a "great" offensive team. They have some dangerous weapons but have only scored 231 pts this season and have no running game. They have found ways to win this year but their offense is very inconsistent.

Very true, I almost didn't include them. However, they always seem to play well against the Cowboys. At any rate, they have to be considered a threat.
BassCowboy33
Ag Natural said:

jteagle said:

Ag Natural said:

Very true, I almost didn't include them. However, they always seem to play well against the Cowboys. At any rate, they have to be considered a threat.

If things swing their way this week, next Sunday could be for the NFC East lead.
jr15aggie
AG
Some good conversation about CBs I heard earlier...

Jalen Ramsey got burned a couple times last week and on the sidelines he was all bent out of shape about it... looked distraught was the words they used.

By comparison, Anthony Brown got burned bad too, but the guy just keeps playing... and for the most part playing really well.

They say the best CBs have the shortest memory.
Grapesoda2525
I think Brown has really good for a late round pick.
MicheIangeIo
AG
As long as they beat the giants there is great shot they have home field throughout
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brown has been good for any round draft pick. He's been fan-****ing-tastic for a 6th.
MicheIangeIo
AG
best draft in nfl history if jaylon turns out to be a beast
jteagle
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

best draft in nfl history if jaylon turns out to be a beast
Tap the breaks just a little there Mike. They haven't even finished a full season yet. Check out the Cowboys 1975 draft so you will know what to compare to for one of the best drafts in Cowboys history.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.