*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,331 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone hear Simms talking during the game about Garrett's reasoning for taking Elliott so high?

Did he say he realized there were other needs but couldn't justify passing on a Hall of Fame talent?
I didn't hear that, but I did hear that Zeke was the #1 player on their board.
PooDoo
AG
Joey Bosa looks like he's the real deal.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

Joey Bosa looks like he's the real deal.

I hear that Zeke Elliot kid is also the real deal!!!!

But seriously, that was some impressive film on Bosa. Making a big impact that early looks very promising for his career. I wasn't sure how good of a pro he would turn into, but in college he was a beast. All over the field. So far so good. Too bad he isn't addicted to pot, we could have drafted him in the 2nd round!!!
corleoneAg99
AG
Boss was PFF's highest rated player coming into the draft. Shouldn't be a surprise he's good.

As for Zeke, what are the hot takes from those in the know about his number of carries? Any concern there?
Ag Natural
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Boss was PFF's highest rated player coming into the draft. Shouldn't be a surprise he's good.

As for Zeke, what are the hot takes from those in the know about his number of carries? Any concern there?
Those 15 carries against the Bengals didn't look too taxing.
jr15aggie
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

What I hear is they aren't worried about his # of carries. For example, last week he had 15 carries and 3 catches. That's a very average load. He's typically in the low 20's in carries and his high was against Chicago (30 carries).

I think the consensus is they have him for 5 years (4 years and they have the 1 year option because he was a 1st rounder). So that's 5 years of very reasonable salary for who could be one of the top playmakers in the NFL. They are going to get every bit out of him, and if he's still going strong after 5 years they will pay the man.
jtstanley4621
AG
One thing that's really impressed me about Zeke is how quickly he's picked up running behind the o-line. He was clearly struggling the first two weeks, but now he's turned the corner and looks like almost a new player. He also pass protects well, and seems to have good hands out of the backfield. He's already a complete kind of player who should only get better as the year goes on barring injury. It's also good that we can spell him with Morris so he doesn't have to play every snap of the game, and keep him a little bit fresher.
PooDoo
AG
I think the early heavy work load was to make up for missing so much training camp to get him in the swing of things.

tannerr0703
AG
Somethings gotta give on Sunday against GB. They are #1 against the run this year.

Im liking our chances more and more. That or I just REALLY want to finally beat GB.
PooDoo
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

2 sacks and 7 pressures with only 27 snaps in your 1st pro game back after missing training camp... pretty impressive no matter where he was ranked.
jr15aggie
AG
tannerr0703 said:

Somethings gotta give on Sunday against GB. They are #1 against the run this year.

Im liking our chances more and more. That or I just REALLY want to finally beat GB.
And Cincy hadn't given up a TD run all season..... until they played us! I have a feeling GB is going down!
tannerr0703
AG
jr15aggie said:

tannerr0703 said:

And Cincy hadn't given up a TD run all season..... until they played us! I have a feeling GB is going down!
Nice.. didnt know that. Think the rookies are going to thrive in the big spotlight.
corleoneAg99
AG
I think the gameplay against CIN was so solid that if executed, and especially with the OL, it will be hard to stop. GB is good against the run but their SOS isn't great. Mike Daniels is great but so is Geno Atkins and he was not to be seen last Sunday.

GB's offense offers more guys to cover and a better OL so they don't figure to be as futile as CIN was on O, but to me it will come down to the same thing as the 14 playoff game. Getting a rush on Rodgers.
corleoneAg99
AG
Ag Natural said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Those 15 carries against the Bengals didn't look too taxing.

Not when watching on TV, no.

His current pace is not sustainable IMO but we'll see if the team agrees.
BassCowboy33
corleoneAg99 said:

It was a concern, but if Dallas can limit his touches as they did against Cincinnati, then he will be fine. I'd still like to see more of Alfred Morris.
BassCowboy33
tannerr0703 said:

It goes in cycles. In my childhood, Green Bay seemed to lose to Dallas every single year.
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

tannerr0703 said:

It goes in cycles. In my childhood, Green Bay seemed to lose to Dallas every single year.
It was mainly because the teams were pretty even in talent and Erik Williams was there to neutralize Reggie White. It was an amazing game within the game to watch.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
GB was the visitor in the 90s way more it seemed.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

BassCowboy33 said:

tannerr0703 said:

It was mainly because the teams were pretty even in talent and Erik Williams was there to neutralize Reggie White. It was an amazing game within the game to watch.

LOL, yeah, Reggie use to hate playing us. He was a great player (RIP), but Erik Williams really did a number on him.

Both San Fran & GB had some great teams during the 90's. Lucky for them Jerry & Jimmy couldn't get along and both had an easier time winning a super bowl because of it.
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

BassCowboy33 said:

tannerr0703 said:

I wouldn't say there were even in talent. Dallas usually beat them pretty handily. Brett Favre never won a game in Texas Stadium. It's the only stadium he never won a game in. Dallas even beat them in their Super Bowl year (on the back of 7 Chris Boniol field goals, I believe). In fact, Green Bay hadn't won in Dallas (in my lifetime) until that meltdown a few years to Matt Flynn.

The Green Bay teams of the late 90's were good, but they kinda stopped playing each other after Dallas' glory years. Favre did eventually beat Dallas once.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm hearing Dez is practicing on a limited basis. Would be awesome if he was cleared to play... I had already assumed we would just sit him through the bye week.

On the other hand Scandrick is definitely out with the hamstring issues. Would be nice if this guy could get himself healthy. Sounds like he has no intention of playing until he feels right, and for now, the team is being patient with him. But if this goes beyond the bye week I think the team starts getting really annoyed!
Sea Gull
AG
Have to say, Anthony Brown has played well
tannerr0703
AG
jr15aggie said:

I'm hearing Dez is practicing on a limited basis. Would be awesome if he was cleared to play... I had already assumed we would just sit him through the bye week.

On the other hand Scandrick is definitely out with the hamstring issues. Would be nice if this guy could get himself healthy. Sounds like he has no intention of playing until he feels right, and for now, the team is being patient with him. But if this goes beyond the bye week I think the team starts getting really annoyed!
Im getting annoyed with Dez being out. Even with his presence on the field it opens up options with our other receivers. Something that Beasley can end up benefiting from even more.

Hope he heals up alright. Could certainly use him in these big games...
Reginald Cousins
S
Eat on this Zeke haters. They've got a spot as a duo whether they go or not. #HOF

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dak-prescott-and-ezekiel-elliotts-jerseys-have-already-been-sent-to-the-hall-of-fame-101216
PooDoo
AG
There are 3 Cornerbacks in Pro football focus' top 10 rookies heading into week 6, and Jalen Ramsey is not one of them.

Two of the CB's were 4th rounders and the other was an undrafted free agent.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-rookies-entering-nfl-week-6/

Quote:

With each passing week, we see more and more rookies getting legitimate playing time, and many have answered the call. This week, four new faces grace our top 10, though the top of the list remains relatively unchanged, as five guys have legitimately separated themselves from the rest of the pack at this point.
1. Carson Wentz, QB, Eagles
Carson Wentz finally threw an interception in the Eagles' first loss of the season, but once again, the good seemed to outweigh the bad. Wentz had a couple of other ugly, off-target throws, but those have been very rare exceptions until this point. The Eagles' quarterback would still have a completion percentage of 60.0 on the year even if you threw out every pass he's thrown under 10 yards downfield. Through four games, at least, we're witnessing something truly special from this rookie.
2. Dak Prescott, QB, Cowboys
With each passing week, Dak Prescott goes from a nice fill-in to possibly still the starter when Tony Romo returns. If you're looking for obvious flaws to point out in the rookie's, game they are few and far between at this point. The biggest knock would have to be his deep passing, where he's only been accurate on two of nine attempts 20+ yards downfield. That has been offset, though, by his impeccable decision-making, as Prescott's one turnover-worthy throw is the fewest of any starter in the league.
3. Rashard Robinson, CB, 49ers
Forget rookiesout of all of the cornerbacks in the NFL, no one has given up fewer yards per coverage snap than Rashard Robinson (0.33). In 94 snaps, he's been targeted nine times and allowed a grand total of 31 yards on four receptions. Those numbers are out of this world for a first-year DB. He finally moved into a starting role the past two weeks, and has shown no signs of slowing down.
4. Jack Conklin, RT, Titans
Jack Conklin finally started to show those pass-protection flaws that everyone was worried about coming out of Michigan State. Against Cameron Wake, the Tennessee right tackle couldn't quite adjust to his speed, resulting in Conklin's lowest grade of the season, albeit still only slightly-below average. For the year, Conklin is the third-highest graded right tackle in the NFL.
5. Cody Whitehair, C, Bears
Yet another rookie where you can disregard his inexperience, Whitehair is already playing at a level that's among the best centers in the NFL. He's now the sixth-highest graded center in the league after dominating the Colts' front on Sunday. On runs directly through the A-gaps this year, Bears running backs are averaging 6.8 yards per carry.
6. Brian Poole, CB, Falcons
Undrafted free agents, whether consciously or subconsciously, never seem to get the benefit of the doubt in the arena of public perception. When are they going to justify everyone's preconceived notions of their talent? For Poole, it's looking like that day may not come this year. He's the Falcons second-highest graded corner behind Desmond Trufant, and is among the top 10 cornerbacks league-wide in yards per coverage snap surrendered.
7. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Cowboys
Almost the unanimous preseason favorite to win Rookie of the Year, Elliott got off to a slow start before coming on strong with 412 rushing yards over the past three weeks. His vision and explosiveness are everything people thought they'd be coming out of Ohio State. This weekend's matchup against the Packers' No. 1-ranked run defense should be a nice test for the rookie.
8. Tavon Young, CB, Ravens
Tavon Young was playing in sub-packages the first four weeks of the season before finally getting the start against Washington, where he maintained his high level of play. His 0.62 yards per coverage snap are better than the likes of Seahawks CB Richard Sherman and Broncos CB Chris Harris Jr. at this point.
9. Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Packers
Kyler Fackrell continues to be an effective third-down pass-rusher, and after recording his highest-graded game of the season against the Giants, the former Utah State standout finally makes this list. Fackrell's 15.1 pass-rushing productivity mark on 44 pass-rushing snaps puts him at fifth among qualifying outside linebackersand only 1.5 points behind Broncos OLB Von Miller.
10. Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Chargers
It only took Joey Bosa 27 snaps in his NFL debut to put up the highest-graded game from any rookie defensive lineman this season. The grade wasn't earned against a less-talented opponent, either, as he took Raiders veteran LT Donald Penn to task multiple times. Bosa recorded two sacks, a hit, and four pressures in 20 pass-rushing snaps. If that becomes the norm from here on out, he'll be challenging for a top-three spot on this list sooner rather than later.

jr15aggie
AG
I think that was the biggest point us Zeke supporters made... He would be the best immediate impact guy we could have taken. Of course, none of us would have imagined he would be crucial to helping Dak lead this team.

In hindsight it was a brilliant pick. But we will continue to watch Ramsey out of curiosity.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

I think that was the biggest point us Zeke supporters made... He would be the best immediate impact guy we could have taken. Of course, none of us would have imagined he would be crucial to helping Dak lead this team.

In hindsight it was a brilliant pick. But we will continue to watch Ramsey out of curiosity.

It was definitely a "now" pick. Most of us who wanted defense believed that Romo's window was closed, and that the team needed to be set up for the future. While 4-1 is nice, this team needs a solid defense. There will come a time when a team is good enough to consistently expose it.

Dak is shocking. It will probably perpetuate Jerry's I'll conceived notion that you can find quarterbacks anywhere in the draft, but hopefully we won't ever have to have him try this again. We are literally on the precipice of something never before seen in football with our last two QBs.
Ag Natural
AG
The Cowboys probably take Bosa if San Diego doesn't right?

DannyDuberstein
AG
That 60% completion rate on passes > 10 yards for Wentz is amazing. He and Dak may be dueling for a long time in this division.
Goldie Wilson
Quote:

We are literally on the precipice of something never before seen in football with our last two QBs.
Precipice? There's no way that's a word.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ag Natural said:

idk, it may have just been draft talk but i seem to remember a lot of "the Cowboys are just not high on Bosa" talk prior to the draft.

so much so that i think a lot of us got conditioned to not even wanting him when draft day arrived.
corleoneAg99
AG
PooDoo said:

There are 3 Cornerbacks in Pro football focus' top 10 rookies heading into week 6, and Jalen Ramsey is not one of them.

Two of the CB's were 4th rounders and the other was an undrafted free agent.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-rookies-entering-nfl-week-6/

Quote:

With each passing week, we see more and more rookies getting legitimate playing time, and many have answered the call. This week, four new faces grace our top 10, though the top of the list remains relatively unchanged, as five guys have legitimately separated themselves from the rest of the pack at this point.
1. Carson Wentz, QB, Eagles
Carson Wentz finally threw an interception in the Eagles' first loss of the season, but once again, the good seemed to outweigh the bad. Wentz had a couple of other ugly, off-target throws, but those have been very rare exceptions until this point. The Eagles' quarterback would still have a completion percentage of 60.0 on the year even if you threw out every pass he's thrown under 10 yards downfield. Through four games, at least, we're witnessing something truly special from this rookie.
2. Dak Prescott, QB, Cowboys
With each passing week, Dak Prescott goes from a nice fill-in to possibly still the starter when Tony Romo returns. If you're looking for obvious flaws to point out in the rookie's, game they are few and far between at this point. The biggest knock would have to be his deep passing, where he's only been accurate on two of nine attempts 20+ yards downfield. That has been offset, though, by his impeccable decision-making, as Prescott's one turnover-worthy throw is the fewest of any starter in the league.
3. Rashard Robinson, CB, 49ers
Forget rookiesout of all of the cornerbacks in the NFL, no one has given up fewer yards per coverage snap than Rashard Robinson (0.33). In 94 snaps, he's been targeted nine times and allowed a grand total of 31 yards on four receptions. Those numbers are out of this world for a first-year DB. He finally moved into a starting role the past two weeks, and has shown no signs of slowing down.
4. Jack Conklin, RT, Titans
Jack Conklin finally started to show those pass-protection flaws that everyone was worried about coming out of Michigan State. Against Cameron Wake, the Tennessee right tackle couldn't quite adjust to his speed, resulting in Conklin's lowest grade of the season, albeit still only slightly-below average. For the year, Conklin is the third-highest graded right tackle in the NFL.
5. Cody Whitehair, C, Bears
Yet another rookie where you can disregard his inexperience, Whitehair is already playing at a level that's among the best centers in the NFL. He's now the sixth-highest graded center in the league after dominating the Colts' front on Sunday. On runs directly through the A-gaps this year, Bears running backs are averaging 6.8 yards per carry.
6. Brian Poole, CB, Falcons
Undrafted free agents, whether consciously or subconsciously, never seem to get the benefit of the doubt in the arena of public perception. When are they going to justify everyone's preconceived notions of their talent? For Poole, it's looking like that day may not come this year. He's the Falcons second-highest graded corner behind Desmond Trufant, and is among the top 10 cornerbacks league-wide in yards per coverage snap surrendered.
7. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Cowboys
Almost the unanimous preseason favorite to win Rookie of the Year, Elliott got off to a slow start before coming on strong with 412 rushing yards over the past three weeks. His vision and explosiveness are everything people thought they'd be coming out of Ohio State. This weekend's matchup against the Packers' No. 1-ranked run defense should be a nice test for the rookie.
8. Tavon Young, CB, Ravens
Tavon Young was playing in sub-packages the first four weeks of the season before finally getting the start against Washington, where he maintained his high level of play. His 0.62 yards per coverage snap are better than the likes of Seahawks CB Richard Sherman and Broncos CB Chris Harris Jr. at this point.
9. Kyler Fackrell, OLB, Packers
Kyler Fackrell continues to be an effective third-down pass-rusher, and after recording his highest-graded game of the season against the Giants, the former Utah State standout finally makes this list. Fackrell's 15.1 pass-rushing productivity mark on 44 pass-rushing snaps puts him at fifth among qualifying outside linebackersand only 1.5 points behind Broncos OLB Von Miller.
10. Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Chargers
It only took Joey Bosa 27 snaps in his NFL debut to put up the highest-graded game from any rookie defensive lineman this season. The grade wasn't earned against a less-talented opponent, either, as he took Raiders veteran LT Donald Penn to task multiple times. Bosa recorded two sacks, a hit, and four pressures in 20 pass-rushing snaps. If that becomes the norm from here on out, he'll be challenging for a top-three spot on this list sooner rather than later.

Week 6 banners.
BassCowboy33
Dan 07 said:

Quote:

We are literally on the precipice of something never before seen in football with our last two QBs.
Precipice? There's no way that's a word.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/precipice
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

Not sure. I hear that Zeke was #1 on their board. The "we need defense" might have pushed him above Zeke if he was there, but if Zeke really was #1 it's hard to fault staying true to your board.

I personally wasn't high on Bosa at #4. Even though I thought he was fantastic in college, I wasn't sure if he would be worthy of #4 and develop into an absolute stud DE. He would need to be somewhat Von like for the #4 pick. Looks like I might have been wrong about him.

It's way early, but between the three (Zeke, Bosa, Ramsey) Ramsey would have been the worst pick at #4 in terms of helping this team right now. Maybe we feel different in a year or two, but I'm glad we are getting our money's worth from our 4th pick.
PatAg
AG
GB hasn't faced a real rushing attack yet. Will be crucial for our offense to have a repeat performance to keep Rodgahs off the field

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.