*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,346 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

Always nice to see the Romo Worms...squirm.

I want our best chance at a Super Bowl. I guess the fact that he basically took us to the NFC championship with a less talented clone of this offense means nothing.
that was also 2 years and 2 surgeries ago.

It doesn't mean nothing. But it doesn't mean much either.

Reginald Cousins
S
BMX Bandit said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

I want our best chance at a Super Bowl. I guess the fact that he basically took us to the NFC championship with a less talented clone of this offense means nothing.
that was also 2 years and 2 surgeries ago.

It doesn't mean nothing. But it doesn't mean much either.

Read again. I'm NOT concerned with his health. He chose to play ball. I want a trophy. If he goes down, you put Dak in. What's so confusing about that. Health has jack chit to do with it (as long as he's not at risk for paralysis or something). He's still the best passer and mind we have.
BMX Bandit
you know who wants a trophy even more than you? Garrett and Jerry.

If they thought Romo gave the team a better shot to win, he'd be in there. they are the ones looking at his practice, talking to doctors, etc.
Reginald Cousins
S
BMX Bandit said:

you know who wants a trophy even more than you? Garrett and Jerry.

If they thought Romo gave the team a better shot to win, he'd be in there. they are the ones looking at his practice, talking to doctors, etc.

Wait if we get down 2-3 scores late. Jerry will do it.
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

How many years...and injuries...ago was that?
Reginald Cousins
S
MooreTrucker said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

Reading comprehension. Get some.

This isn't about health. But...

He sure didn't seem hampered at Philly. Scored infinitely more points than Dak with half the drives.

I want my best QB in regardless. If he gets hurt I go to my next best.

Why is this so hard for some.
Sea Gull
AG
The NYG receivers completely **** the bed yesterday.
Reginald Cousins
S
Duck Patrol said:

The NYG receivers completely **** the bed yesterday.

#miami
Reginald Cousins
S
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

MooreTrucker said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

He sure didn't seem hampered at Philly. Scored infinitely more points than Dak with half the drives.

LOL. "Reading comprehension" huh? Show me what I'm missing in what you said.

You're saying that Romo gives Dallas a better shot because he did it sometime in the past, right? My point is that he's older and more fragile and can't be trusted to last an entire game.

Philly is a bad example because Dak was pulled after a couple of series in a game that didn't matter, and if it HAD mattered Romo wouldn't have played at all.

Right now, until shown otherwise, Dak is the better choice and has earned the shot. And if he falters, then we have the best backup QB to go to.
Sea Gull
AG
Dak is the safer choice. If the Cowboys somehow get down by 2 scores, Romo is the best shot at mounting a comeback.
Reginald Cousins
S
Duck Patrol said:

Dak is the safer choice. If the Cowboys somehow get down by 2 scores, Romo is the best shot at mounting a comeback.

Because he's a better quarterback/passer.
Reginald Cousins
S
MooreTrucker said:

Reginald Cousins said:

MooreTrucker said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

LOL. "Reading comprehension" huh? Show me what I'm missing in what you said.

You're saying that Romo gives Dallas a better shot because he did it sometime in the past, right? My point is that he's older and more fragile and can't be trusted to last an entire game.

Philly is a bad example because Dak was pulled after a couple of series in a game that didn't matter, and if it HAD mattered Romo wouldn't have played at all.

Right now, until shown otherwise, Dak is the better choice and has earned the shot. And if he falters, then we have the best backup QB to go to.

I'm saying he gives us a better shot because he's a seasoned better quarterback. Period. If he doesn't last the game, you're back to where you were. Big deal. Secondly. Romo was pulled after ONE series. And made the TD look EASY. That's not debateable. Dak may be the better or safer "choice" however he is not our best chance to WIN IT ALL. Not saying he won't do it, but he isn't our best shot.

This is my opinion. You don't have to like it. But I've watched every game this year and don't like the idea of waltzing into the playoffs with a QB they're keeping 'kid gloves' on.
ac04
it me, guy who is mad online about the backup quarterback not starting
jr15aggie
AG
So I guess we'll hear something today about Jordy? At the very least I'm glad to know he won't be 100%.

I know the Giants were a great D, but losing DRC was bad for them and by the 2nd half Lambeau, the cold, etc had taken its toll and Rogers ate them up.

One of the keys for us will be consistent drives and points. Limited offensive penalties, and unlike the Giants, just catch the ball.
Post removed:
by user
Reginald Cousins
S
ac04 said:

it me, guy who is mad online about the backup quarterback not starting
Not mad. Want the best chance at winning.
Reginald Cousins
S
SheriffBarclay said:

Reg, what you're forgetting is, Romo has 3-4 recent examples of very routine knockdown/sacks that injure him for months.

Yes, he looked great on the 1 drive where everything went perfect.
Sher, what you're forgetting is that repeatedly I have said I'm not concerned about losing him in the playoffs. In that case his backup would suffice. What I am concerned with is having the very best player at the position in there. Regardless of whether we could lose him to injury.
Rudyjax
AG
Cowboys offense will have success as long as they don't get pass happy.

Reginald Cousins
S
You're going to have Rodgers then likely Ryan if we get past Rodgers.

I don't feel a Dak led team is capable of coming back on them if they get up good. Even if you play ball control or go up on them they are set up to quick strike at the end. Winning FG or TD. I wouldn't expect the Philly Miracle out of Dak twice this season.

That being said, I hope Dak plays, we run it down throats, and win the Super Bowl comfortably.

As long as we come home with a trophy, you'll hear no gripe or judgment from me.
Reginald Cousins
S
Unthought Known said:

Cowboys offense will have success as long as they don't get pass happy.

That I believe.
Goldie Wilson
Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

Completely agree. Let's put in Romo so he can almost lead us to another NFC Championship!
Reginald Cousins
S
Dan 07 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

Completely agree. Let's put in Romo so he can almost lead us to another NFC Championship!
By your logic, lets pull Dez who "dropped" the ball.
Goldie Wilson
Reginald Cousins said:

Dan 07 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

Reginald Cousins
S
Dan 07 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Dan 07 said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

Romo didn't almost win it. His team lost it for him. The Murray fumble. The almost catch that was a catch that would be irrelevant if not for the fumble. Don't be dense and pretend it was his fault they lost that.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo
AG
Reginald, Don't waste your time trying... some don't see it until it happens. They have no clue so it must be an issue with your reading comprehension.
corleoneAg99
AG
I think if you're going to try and play keep away from GB you want Dak in the game because he can run plays that Romo can't because if he took a hit he'd probably die.

I think the only way Romo gets in the game is if the Cowboys are down three scores at half and have looked completely inept on offense in the first half.

Does that seem likely?

Not really and especially if your top 5 pick RB and best OL in the league are real things. Stay the course, own TOP, and keep Rodgers off the field. That's been the recipe all year. Putting Romo in means now you want to get into a shootout?

Not optimal, IMO.
Reginald Cousins
S
PooDoo said:

Reginald, Don't waste your time trying... some don't see it until it happens. They have no clue so it must be an issue with your reading comprehension.

I know. I shouldn't worry with it. But I know who the best passer is on this team. If you read practice reports the media knows it and the players know it. He also has more comebacks than any Cowboy. Ever. But but but he broke a few bones. Well he also sliced Philly first team D like butter the other day. It will be a grave injustice if we come home without at least reaching the SB. I don't want this Dak Magic to wear off at the wrong time.
Reginald Cousins
S
corleoneAg99 said:

I think if you're going to try and play keep away from GB you want Dak in the game because he can run plays that Romo can't because if he took a hit he'd probably die.

I think the only way Romo gets in the game is if the Cowboys are down three scores at half and have looked completely inept on offense in the first half.

Does that seem likely?

Not really and especially if your top 5 pick RB and best OL in the league are real things. Stay the course, own TOP, and keep Rodgers off the field. That's been the recipe all year. Putting Romo in means now you want to get into a shootout?

Not optimal, IMO.

Agree with Dak being the better handler offer. I'm not asking for Romo to start really. I want Daks leash pretty short. You have to know where the breaking point is. Daks game isn't built to come back from 14 down.
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

PooDoo said:

I know. I shouldn't worry with it. But I know who the best passer is on this team. If you read practice reports the media knows it and the players know it. He also has more comebacks than any Cowboy. Ever. But but but he broke a few bones. Well he also sliced Philly first team D like butter the other day. It will be a grave injustice if we come home without at least reaching the SB. I don't want this Dak Magic to wear off at the wrong time.
More comebacks, fine. But with Dak/Zeke and the OL we can stay out of any need for a comeback.

I cannot believe you're putting so much cachet on the one drive vs. Philly....in a game that did not matter at all, against an inferior team that had not practiced with facing Romo in mind.

Nobody is denigrating Romo or what he's done or can do (Lord knows I've been a Romo defender for years myself) but you don't mess with what's working. Right now Dak/Zeke is what's working.
jtstanley4621
AG
Just have to pound the ball against Green Bay. Their defense is certainly not what the Giants is. No sense in getting cute. Let the o-line do what they do. I hope this time off helped everyone on defense get fresher. They're gonna have their work cut out for them, but hopefully we can limit the amount of possessions Rodgers has. No Nelson would also help.
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Does that seem likely?

Not optimal, IMO.

Agree with Dak being the better handler offer. I'm not asking for Romo to start really. I want Daks leash pretty short. You have to know where the breaking point is. Daks game isn't built to come back from 14 down.
He hasn't HAD to come back from 14 down. And just as likely won't need to do so Sunday.

I do agree with the short leash idea somewhat, but I didn't get that from what you've said before.
Reading comprehension, I guess. ;-)
DannyDuberstein
AG
I just hope that Dez can play within himself and keep his head in the game. I worry a little bit about the issue from 2 years ago getting him overly wound up where he expends all his energy early in the game and then disappears.
jtstanley4621
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I just hope that Dez can play within himself and keep his head in the game. I worry a little bit about the issue from 2 years ago getting him overly wound up where he expends all his energy early in the game and then disappears.
I'm just glad that we get them at home. I think that if this were in Green Bay we would for sure lose. There's just something about the way they play there. Hopefully we can knock Rodgers off his game some.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.