*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,285 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Macarthur said:

BassCowboy33 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Escobar and Free really stunk up the joint. I had some people tell me this week that he's good, but I can't wait to see him jettisoned.

Free is average. Dude had a rough game against one of the best D-lines in football. Happens.

Escobar is flat terrible.

Free is free next year. I wonder if they consider moving Martin out to RT?

You got a grading out as one of the two or three best players at his position, you don't move him unless you have to. I imagine that is a position that they'll attack in free agency.

Larry Allen?
Mozart Paintings
AG
daggertx said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-rolando-mcclain-suspended-drug-policy-jerry-jones-120216

Cowboys' Rolando McClain suspended indefinitely by NFL
Mark that under who gives a *****
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Macarthur said:

BassCowboy33 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Escobar and Free really stunk up the joint. I had some people tell me this week that he's good, but I can't wait to see him jettisoned.

Free is average. Dude had a rough game against one of the best D-lines in football. Happens.

You got a grading out as one of the two or three best players at his position, you don't move him unless you have to. I imagine that is a position that they'll attack in free agency.

Larry Allen?

Allen was a bit different in that they moved him back forth out of necessity.
Macarthur
BassCowboy33 said:

Macarthur said:

BassCowboy33 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Didn't Collins play RT at lsu?
MooreTrucker
AG
I drove bus said:

daggertx said:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-rolando-mcclain-suspended-drug-policy-jerry-jones-120216

Cowboys' Rolando McClain suspended indefinitely by NFL
Mark that under who gives a *****
And totally expected.
Agnzona
Apparently most players suspended for drugs take the approach. Cool I can now do drugs for 10 weeks and then seem shocked they have a drug test and they skip them.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

I've heard he is a consideration to replace Free next season. They also like what they've seen from Chaz Green when he was forced to play early in the season.

I think it makes a lot of sense to try and get value from Collins or Chaz at RT next year. If nothing else let Chaz start at RT and Collins at guard, but let Collins be that swing guy that can play all the positions. About as good as we can hope for cause we'll have a ton of money tied up in our big 3.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

I've heard he is a consideration to replace Free next season. They also like what they've seen from Chaz Green when he was forced to play early in the season.

I think it makes a lot of sense to try and get value from Collins or Chaz at RT next year. If nothing else let Chaz start at RT and Collins at guard, but let Collins be that swing guy that can play all the positions. About as good as we can hope for cause we'll have a ton of money tied up in our big 3.

If they like Green's play, they evidently have seen something that we haven't.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Green has been very bad in his play so far in Dallas. Maybe he's showing flashes in practice or something.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Green has been very bad in his play so far in Dallas. Maybe he's showing flashes in practice or something.
I thought he did OK when he filled in for Tyron early in the year. Pre-season was really rough, but otherwise he has been OK. Remember, he missed his entire rookie career with injury so he was pretty raw. Again, we are talking about finding a serviceable / cheaper option than Free so we can use Free's cap hit and hopefully get some defensive help.
Macarthur
Watching this Florida and Alabama game, Ruben Foster sure would look good in a Cowboys uniform next year.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

Watching this Florida and Alabama game, Ruben Foster sure would look good in a Cowboys uniform next year.
Yep! I've also had my eye on Jonathan Allen for 2 years (as he's feasted on the Aggies)... but looking at mock drafts it looks like he's a consensus top 5 or top 10 guy.

Honestly, with such a strong DE class this year, I wouldn't mind doubling up! Getting one in the 1st/2nd and then maybe trading up in the 3rd if somebody like Daeshon Hall falls. Between rounds 1 & 4 give me a LB & two DEs.
jr15aggie
AG
Edit: Pretty sure there are 6 guys on the Bama D that I would draft for the Cowboys.
Grapesoda2525
Myles Garrett would look great in a Cowboys uniform.

Big pipe dream though.
jr15aggie
AG
grapespda2525 said:

Myles Garrett would look great in a Cowboys uniform.

Big pipe dream though.
Not if Cleveland REALLY REALLY REALLY wants Tony Romo!!!!
Grapesoda2525
Haha I wish. Jerry wouldn't do that to Tony tho.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wouldn't touch DaeDae before that 5th.
jteagle
AG
grapespda2525 said:

Haha I wish. Jerry wouldn't do that to Tony tho.
That's what I was thinking.
DannyDuberstein
AG

Yep. Flat out disappeared once Myles got hurt. MIA for about 2 months
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yep. Flat out disappeared once Myles got hurt. MIA for about 2 months
Yeah, you guys are probably right... I have always wondered how he really grades out. But my point still stands... wouldn't mind at all if we doubled up on DE in this draft in the first few rounds. Between the two of them hopefully we get somebody capable of starting opposite Lawrence and another that is a rotation guy. At that point we can maybe move Crawford back inside and have a really nice rotation of McClain, Crawford, Collins, & Thornton (in no particular order).

I'm pretty sure we will re-sign either Carr or Mo (hopefully Carr because at least the guy never comes off the field) along with Church, so our secondary should be OK. Give us a solid LB and 2 solid D-Line guys in the upcoming draft and this defense will be in much better shape. As always, the Jaylon Smith thing is the wild card that could take us to the next level.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

Yep! I've also had my eye on Jonathan Allen for 2 years (as he's feasted on the Aggies)... but looking at mock drafts it looks like he's a consensus top 5 or top 10 guy.

Honestly, with such a strong DE class this year, I wouldn't mind doubling up! Getting one in the 1st/2nd and then maybe trading up in the 3rd if somebody like Daeshon Hall falls. Between rounds 1 & 4 give me a LB & two DEs.
Yeah, certainly need an edge rusher badly. I just wonder if they think they can depend on Gregory? If he were in there now, I think this defense could look pretty decent. Collins, Crawford, Lawrence and Gregory on passing downs sounds pretty damn good.

Who knows what we get if anything from Gregory.
BassCowboy33
Macarthur said:

jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

Yeah, certainly need an edge rusher badly. I just wonder if they think they can depend on Gregory? If he were in there now, I think this defense could look pretty decent. Collins, Crawford, Lawrence and Gregory on passing downs sounds pretty damn good.

Who knows what we get if anything from Gregory.

I doubt he plays another snap in the NFL.
TyHolden
AG
Philly seems to have fallen off the map
DannyDuberstein
AG
Randall Gregory can't stay clean for 5 minutes. He's gone and will stay gone.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Randall Gregory can't stay clean for 5 minutes. He's gone and will stay gone.

I think the only reason they haven't officially cut him is that they gain nothing from doing that. It costs them nothing to hold his rights while he is suspended. In the meantime they can offer him support that most addicts / losers aren't lucky enough to get.

I other news, Cincy is curb stomping Philly. :-)
Ag Natural
AG
If Jalen Smith fully heals he instantly becomes our best pass rusher.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

If Jalen Smith fully heals he instantly becomes our best pass rusher.

Really? I'll be honest... I know nothing about the guy other than he was a STUD. I haven't allowed myself to get hyped.

Does he have edge rushing ability or is he an inside blitzer?
corleoneAg99
AG
He's a run and hit guy who occasionally rushed the passer at ND.

The hope is he's a Keuchly type.
jr15aggie
AG
Time for the Steelers to take care of the Giants!
jr15aggie
AG
Lol... Steelers apparently didn't learn their lesson against Dallas. Still chasing bad points by going for 2.
NukeAg10
AG
Chargers up on Tampa and Steelers up on the giants. Could end up being a great weekend for the boys.
BassCowboy33
Twitter isn't very high on Smith ever playing. Apparently that nerve in the knee has shown little to no progress.
Mozart Paintings
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Chargers up on Tampa and Steelers up on the giants. Could end up being a great weekend for the boys.

Washington down also. That's a bigger deal than Tampa. Although either of them losing clinches playoffs.
Rudyjax
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Twitter isn't very high on Smith ever playing. Apparently that nerve in the knee has shown little to no progress.

This twitter guy must have inside info.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Unthought Known said:

BassCowboy33 said:

This twitter guy must have inside info.

I believe it was the former Chargers team dr now working as an analyst who said he had intimate knowledge of Smiths sitch and said him playing again would be a miracle of sorts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.