*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,325 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dallas - 38
Green Bay - 27
Sea Gull
AG
Cowboys 31, Packers 21
Macarthur
Boys 34
Pack 24
birdman
Cowboys 38
Packers 17
Macarthur
BassCowboy33 said:

I find it interesting that the line on this game has actually creeped up to -5 in some places. I felt that earlier in the week the narrative was "nobody can stop Aaron Rodgers". As the week progressed, I think it moved more towards "Dallas has a sizeable matchup advantage". I even saw one writer (can't remember who) say that it's lazy journalism to just to use Aaron Rodgers as the sole reason that Green Bay will win, rather than use the stats and styles to analyze the matchup. Based on NFLpickwatch, about 70% of all the experts are picking Dallas to win.

Sturm was on the Hardline the other night (he's watched every play this season on both Green Bay and Dallas) and continuously harped that this is a very bad matchup for Green Bay. In his estimation, the only way Green Bay wins is (1) winning the turnover battle and (2) Dallas not converting drives into touchdowns. He said that Dallas is the kind of team that Green Bay struggles mightily against.
Not that I'm an expert, but I have felt this way as the week has gone on. I think this has the potential to be a 2+ TD win. I think, more than anything, Dallas is going to be much fresher, esp on defense. I think we see what an advantage the week of rest is in this game.
Gigem Trevas
Dallas by at least 10.
corleoneAg99
AG
Somebody has to just to make it fun...Pack 35 - Cowboys 34.
Bullmoose
AG
snowdog90 said:

I've been watching the Cowboys Giants game from 2007. Through 3 quarters, Romo was masterful. Midway through the 3rd, Cowboys have the ball at their 20-ish, up 17-14. Romo makes a great throw to Witten for 12 yards and a first down. It's called back for a 15 yard penalty on Leonard Davis, who hit Strahan late. Same drive, 3rd and 14, Romo faces big blitz, avoids it by rolling left, then throws an almost perfect pass to Crayton, who drops it. The pass would have been good for a first down, and maybe much more.

After the play, Joe Buck says, "some of these other Cowboys should have gone to Mexico with Romo". The Giants score the winning td on the following drive.

Romo kicked ass in that game, and back then he had some traces of Johnny Football in him. He made 2 plays that were Johnny-esque in this game.

Yet, the team lets him down, they lose, and one-dimensional thinking mental midgets want to blame Romo and his Mexico trip for the loss. So many Cowboy fans fall into this category and it sickens me.

More than anything, I want Romo to get a SB ring this year, and in a way, it would say more about who he is as a player than if he were on the field. He is the ultimate team player, and his maturity, leadership and team-first attitude is imprinted all over this team.
The only way he wins a SB ring is to be right where he is now, riding the pine and sitting alone. Leadership? Good Lord.

But but but but the game is played for 4 quarters and romo throws the interception on the last play of the game......wait...
Reginald Cousins
S
corleoneAg99 said:

Imagine you being the one to do it.
Reginald Cousins
S
Bullmoose said:

snowdog90 said:

I've been watching the Cowboys Giants game from 2007. Through 3 quarters, Romo was masterful. Midway through the 3rd, Cowboys have the ball at their 20-ish, up 17-14. Romo makes a great throw to Witten for 12 yards and a first down. It's called back for a 15 yard penalty on Leonard Davis, who hit Strahan late. Same drive, 3rd and 14, Romo faces big blitz, avoids it by rolling left, then throws an almost perfect pass to Crayton, who drops it. The pass would have been good for a first down, and maybe much more.

After the play, Joe Buck says, "some of these other Cowboys should have gone to Mexico with Romo". The Giants score the winning td on the following drive.

Romo kicked ass in that game, and back then he had some traces of Johnny Football in him. He made 2 plays that were Johnny-esque in this game.

Yet, the team lets him down, they lose, and one-dimensional thinking mental midgets want to blame Romo and his Mexico trip for the loss. So many Cowboy fans fall into this category and it sickens me.

More than anything, I want Romo to get a SB ring this year, and in a way, it would say more about who he is as a player than if he were on the field. He is the ultimate team player, and his maturity, leadership and team-first attitude is imprinted all over this team.
The only way he wins a SB ring is to be right where he is now, riding the pine and sitting alone. Leadership? Good Lord.

But but but but the game is played for 4 quarters and romo throws the interception on the last play of the game......wait...

You are proving yourself to be dense if you think he is not capable.
Ag Natural
AG
I've thought for 2 weeks the Cowboys would roll this round. Too fresh and too physical. Barring a near meltdown in the form of penalties and turnovers the Cowboys win this by at least a TD.
Bullmoose
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

snowdog90 said:

Thankfully the football gods aren't going to give romo another decade to finally prove youse a football genius but but but you will always have the excuse of gee whiz if only little Timmy had caught that ball....
TexasAggie_97
AG
ce1994 said:

If and when Romo gets hurt and Precott is sent out there I want this thing bumped. It will be mass suicide for Cowboys fans and I just wanted to say "I told you so".
the fail was strong with you.
jteagle
AG
Cowboys 42
Packers 20
corleoneAg99
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Imagine you being the one to do it.

I'm here for you, bud.
snowdog90
Usually the home teams dominate this round, with one road team getting a win. I'd say that trend looks solid this weekend, with Pittsburgh getting the away win. Hope I'm right.

C 27
P 17
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Bullmoose said:

snowdog90 said:

Or a good leader, despite what ANYONE that knows him and has worked with him says.
BassCowboy33
We rooting for Seattle or Atlanta? Personally, I'd rather go against Seattle. A middling to poor offense and a banged up defense.
CSWendt
I'd definitely prefer Seattle. But, I guess how we handle Green Bay will factor into how I think the Falcons would be. IMO similar style teams with a more weapons around Ryan but no Rodgers.
BassCowboy33
Serious late movement on the line. Dallas is now at -5.5.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
31-30 GB
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

31-30 GB

This ain't the Aggies son! Get that crap outta here.
Confucius
America's Team 38
Fudgepackers 27

Only chance for GB is for Dak and Zeke to finally play like rookies. I like our chances.
Grapesoda2525
Ezekiel Elliot should have a field day until the Super Bowl round ( if we make it that far). The last good defense that we could face in the NFC is about to be eliminated.
hoosierAG
AG
Cowboys have a brutal path to the Super Bowl. But that should be expected.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I know you have zero going for you in real life so I'll let you off the hook in your silly little internet message board quarrel. Enjoy your evening.
BassCowboy33
Guys, stop!! If we fight, the terrorists win.

Rudyjax
AG
Dat Nguyen is the only person I heard compare Johmny to Romo.

TyHolden
AG
28-27 boyz
Confucius
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I know you have zero going for you in real life

Hello pg. 1...

Quote:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
8:59a, 8/18/16

i rewatched a lot of the game last night with Showers in there. (yes, i know...watching a preseason game once is bad enough but twice??)

Guys with real lives don't write novels on preseason games they've watched multiple times. Enjoy the game tomorrow. I know you'll find some way to be miserable with a Cowboys victory.
Reginald Cousins
S
Unthought Known said:

Dat Nguyen is the only person I heard compare Johmny to Romo.

Wrong guy, bud. I just quoted it.
jteagle
AG
Texans staying close to the Patriots. I hate the Texans but I hate the Patriots even more so just this once I am pulling for a Texans win!
Mateo84
AG
jteagle said:

Texans staying close to the Patriots. I hate the Texans but I hate the Patriots even more so just this once I am pulling for a Texans win!
Would love to see the Patriots get eliminated
BassCowboy33
Welp, at least the Stars just erased a 4-0 deficit.
BassCowboy33
BassCowboy33 said:

Welp, at least the Stars just erased a 4-0 deficit.

Crap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.