*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,396 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

Lol, yeah, you can't say LB around here without bringing up Jaylon Smith. My personal approach is to assume he won't make it and I'll get hyped if something changes.

So in the meantime we really do need another starting quality LB for next year.

Just heard an interview with Smith saying he could've played during the playoffs with a brace & been ELITE.
I bet he'll be ready come training camp.
Disco Stu
AG
Jaylon Smith says the nerve is regenerating
jr15aggie
AG
Disco Stu said:

If true and he really is elite... Queue the largest freaking "it's happening" gif of all time!

And when somebody asks "what's happening" your response should be "Everything!"
jeffdjohnson
Could be the greatest draft of all time depending on future health. Did Jerry Jones sell his soul to the devil or something last off season? If so, thank you for your sacrifice.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Disco Stu said:

If true and he really is elite... Queue the largest freaking "it's happening" gif of all time!

Let's wait for him to actually get on the field first. And then actually play well. Two big ifs for any draft pick.
PatAg
AG
It would be sweet though
jr15aggie
AG
PatAg said:

jr15aggie said:

Disco Stu said:

Let's wait for him to actually get on the field first. And then actually play well. Two big ifs for any draft pick.
RedlineAg08
TOO LATE! I'M IN!!

Can I take back everything I said previously??
Gigem Trevas
Can it be next Sunday yet?
jr15aggie
AG
I've refrained from talking about Jaylon too much because it was way too early to get overly excited... it still sorta is but what the heck.

The guy is one heck of a good person and what little I allowed myself to read about him, he is a really great leader on and off the field. Somebody that will only strengthen what appears to be a very tight group of guys. I'm know he's already a part of the group, but his leadership will mean so much more to the team if he can ball out on the field.

In short, he's definitely one of those guys that, if he makes a name for himself on the field, will easily be able to get an NFL / TV job after his playing days if he wanted to.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone still complaining about this draft has more issues to deal with than the Cowboys do.
Rudyjax
AG
I'm going to say that since the abortion of the 2009 draft, the Cowboys have drafted fairly well.
corleoneAg99
AG
They had an amazing draft regardless of what happens with Smith.

Until further notice, however, that pick was a bad decision.

He plays next year at top 5 pick level? Great!
ce1994
AG
No Cabo for Dak Prescitt. I also suppose no Jessica Simpson either.

My God please us get lucky with this man. Please. It has been a rough 20 years as a Cowboys fan. The first 20 was glorious. The last 20 has been rough.
BassCowboy33
Disco Stu said:

Interesting.
bonfarr
AG
McShay has the Cowboys taking Solomon Thomas DE from Stanford in the first round, interesting. If they pass on an end in the 1st I can see them picking Carl Lawson in the 2nd.
corleoneAg99
AG
Gregory gone for a year with no pay.

Yikes.
Matsui
AG
He deals with his illness with weed. He stated that. His employer doesn't allow that. Pretty simple.
jtstanley4621
AG
Man, an entire season.... Gregory may well be done in the NFL. Their rules and handling of weed are quite stupid, especially in light of how domestic violence is dealt with. But the rules are the rules, and if you can't follow them you'll suffer for it. Just bumps up our need for a DE that much more.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ya lets ruin a guys life cause he smokes a lil weed.
bonfarr
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

A lil would be smoking a bowl a few times a month, Gregory and alot of these guys smoke enough to choke a hippo.
BMX Bandit

"Smoke a lil weed"

Yeah. That's accurate.
Gigem Trevas
bonfarr said:

A lil would be smoking a bowl a few times a month, Gregory and alot of these guys smoke enough to choke a hippo.

Still better than drinking and or prescription pain pills.
bdgol07
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

bonfarr said:

Drinking and prescription pills probably wouldn't have cost him a year's pay check. Therefore, you're wrong
Gigem Trevas
bdgol07 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

bonfarr said:

Drinking and prescription pills probably wouldn't have cost him a year's pay check. Therefore, you're wrong

Not what I meant. I'm saying the two massive issues the NFL has is players drinking and doing stupid stuff of the field see Josh Brent and also the players getting strung out on painkillers. Him smoking weed bothers me 0%. I would much rather a player smoke to deal with their issues than alcohol and pain pills.
CSWendt
If you think just because a player sits out one season due to injury and comes back to be an elite player that it was still a bad decision to draft him, then you would make one awful of a GM.
corleoneAg99
AG
CSWendt said:

If you think just because a player sits out one season due to injury and comes back to be an elite player that it was still a bad decision to draft him, then you would make one awful of a GM.

Who claimed this?
jr15aggie
AG
Gregory and Jaylon were two players that I had written off and hoped they would surprise me. I'll be happy if we go 1 for 2 given the circumstances. Come on Jaylon!

The one year suspension sucks for Randy and I have serious doubts that he will be strong enough to stay clean considering he will be emotionally challenged by not being able to play.
bonfarr
AG
CSWendt said:

That's all really special but Gregory has in no way shown that he is an elite player in the small body of work he has shown when he isn't on suspension. You can go ahead and label him a bust considering he was a second round pick. You usually expect to get a starter or a major contributor with a 2nd and he will go 3.years without contributing **** .
Reginald Cousins
S
bonfarr said:

CSWendt said:

That's all really special but Gregory has in no way shown that he is an elite player in the small body of work he has shown when he isn't on suspension. You can go ahead and label him a bust considering he was a second round pick. You usually expect to get a starter or a major contributor with a 2nd and he will go 3.years without contributing **** .

He's talking about Smith.
PatAg
AG
If he could give us even like 80% of his potential we would be happy with it.
CSWendt
My mistake, I misread what you stated earlier. However, I still disagree with it being a bad decision. The decision was entirely based on what he could do for us next year and after. There was no expectation of him contributing this season. Therefore, how could you say it was a bad decision, when the deciding factor in it being a bad decision hasn't even happened yet? You can't declare that a bad decision until you at least see how next season plays out.
Matsui
AG
Cowboys knew he has mental issues and deals with them with weed. It isn't a secret. So I'd say it's pretty dumb to waste a 2nd round pick on a guy who can't stop weed. Gregory doesn't do 2-3 bowls a month more like smoke eeerrrrr day.
corleoneAg99
AG
CSWendt said:

My mistake, I misread what you stated earlier. However, I still disagree with it being a bad decision. The decision was entirely based on what he could do for us next year and after. There was no expectation of him contributing this season. Therefore, how could you say it was a bad decision, when the deciding factor in it being a bad decision hasn't even happened yet? You can't declare that a bad decision until you at least see how next season plays out.

There you go.

And we can just agree to disagree that it's a bad decision based on how the season goes.

To me it's a bad decision based on what the player in question contributes relative to the investment. Cheers.
Macarthur
Gigem Trevas said:

bdgol07 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

bonfarr said:

Not what I meant. I'm saying the two massive issues the NFL has is players drinking and doing stupid stuff of the field see Josh Brent and also the players getting strung out on painkillers. Him smoking weed bothers me 0%. I would much rather a player smoke to deal with their issues than alcohol and pain pills.

This.

I realize he broke the rules and has to pay the price, but that still doesn't change the fact that the NFL has a huge problem here and hypocricy is at the heart of it.

They have no issue (seemingly) with guys getting addicted to pain killers that are prescribed by TEAM doctors, but we absoltely can't have guys smoking weed. They need to address this and quick. Medical pot is going to be a reality in virtually every state within a decade, IMO. This would be an opportunity for the league to take a leadership position and use their platform to educate the public on how pot is a much more effective and safe way for these guys to deal with pain issues. Take a medical approach and lead.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.