*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,296 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ugh, I think I need a spreadsheet now.
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I don't think so. You're saying Dak choked in college, so if he doesn't win the SB, he'll be labelled a choker in the NFL, too, right?

I am saying that there are way too many variables to blame a loss on a QB no matter how he plays. But the QB will unfairly get the blame.

He'll also unfairly get all the credit.
MooreTrucker
AG
This indeed true, at every level of the game.
jr15aggie
AG
This is obviously the place to have this debate and let your opinions be heard... just as long as y'all realize that Romo is not playing unless Dak is injured.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

I am saying that there are way too many variables to blame a loss on a QB no matter how he plays. But the QB will unfairly get the blame.

You can say it's not fair, but Cowboys 2014 v 2015 v 2016 and Oakland early this year versus playoffs show that a QB is still the largest difference maker on the field.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rudyjax
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

You can say it's not fair, but Cowboys 2014 v 2015 v 2016 and Oakland early this year versus playoffs show that a QB is still the largest difference maker on the field.

You have to have a good QB, that's a fact. But when a QB puts a team on his shoulders and they still lose....

Want to hear something crazy?

Imagine Romo on the Texans this year.

Cowboys/Texans Super Bowl in Houston.
Texags would blow up.
Confucius
Anybody want to talk defense for a change?

Why I still think Dallas wins is because even as great as Aaron Rodgers has been, he can't do much holding his helmet on the sideline. The GB pass D will be shredded if Dak is on his game, and the best OL in the league will ground and pound against that DL in the second half with the lead.

Dallas is still the better TEAM in this game.
Macarthur
I actually think that as the year went along, the Dallas D got better and might even be, dare I say, underrated.
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

This is obviously the place to have this debate and let your opinions be heard... just as long as y'all realize that Romo is not playing unless Dak is injured.

Or crazy Jerry says so.

I think you mean starts. If we go down big, I bet you wouldn't wager your statement.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Green Bay's Oline is nearly as good as ours, and maybe even better in pass protection. I've been really impressed by our secondary though. I think they are the strength of the defense if all healthy. It's a good thing, too, as I would be surprised to see Rodgers under any kind of pressure. Rodgers missing half his receivers is good for us too.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

I actually think that as the year went along, the Dallas D got better and might even be, dare I say, underrated.
They have learned to play within themselves. The emergence of Irving has also helped because that guy played like a pro bowler against Tampa & Detroit.

They still have their moments, like against Detroit, where they can give up yards in a hurry. But they always find a way to limit the points given up and that's all that matters. The most they gave up all year was 30 to Big Ben but we still won the game.

Overall, they are playing very salty recently. Pressuring & sacking the QB has become common and multiple turnovers in a game is becoming a frequent occurrence. Assuming all the late season rest has us healthy, I think our defense will be tough to score on!
jteagle
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Green Bay's Oline is nearly as good as ours, and maybe even better in pass protection. I've been really impressed by our secondary though. I think they are the strength of the defense if all healthy. It's a good thing, too, as I would be surprised to see Rodgers under any kind of pressure. Rodgers missing half his receivers is good for us too.
He was sacked 5 times yesterday. I know our pass rush isn't as good as the Giants but it is getting better and should have some key pieces back after injuries have healed.
MooreTrucker
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Green Bay's Oline is nearly as good as ours, and maybe even better in pass protection. I've been really impressed by our secondary though. I think they are the strength of the defense if all healthy. It's a good thing, too, as I would be surprised to see Rodgers under any kind of pressure. Rodgers missing half his receivers is good for us too.. Nope,From PFF:
Nope.

From PFF:

1. Dallas Cowboys
Pass-blocking rank: 1st
Run-blocking rank: 1st

7. Green Bay Packers
Pass-blocking rank: 5th
Run-blocking rank: 17th
jtstanley4621
AG
I wouldn't be too upset if David Irving decided to take this game over as a pass rusher
BowSowy
AG
I love Romo, but this is the worst case of backup glorification I've ever seen. Someone even said its "easy to see" Zeke getting an extra 0.5 YPC with Romo.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Fair enough. Was watching the Green Bay/Detriot game and they popped a graphic showing the Pack with the best pass blocking oline. I don't have a link though, and I like PFF better
MooreTrucker
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I wouldn't be too upset if David Irving decided to take this game over as a pass rusher
After the last couple of games, I kind of expect it.
MooreTrucker
AG
RossK10 said:

I love Romo, but this is the worst case of backup glorification I've ever seen. Someone even said its "easy to see" Zeke getting an extra 0.5 YPC with Romo.
Well, he definitely is the best backup in the NFL. That much is true.
MooreTrucker
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Fair enough. Was watching the Green Bay/Detriot game and they popped a graphic showing the Pack with the best pass blocking oline. I don't have a link though, and I like PFF better
I didn't see that game, but that might be the only place that anyone but Dallas has been said to have the best Oline this season.
Ag12thman
AG
GB is pass-blocking a lot better now than they were earlier in the season. That's the thing -- their whole team has gelled and is peaking. And then you have the JFF-factor of Rodgers (his ability to move out of the pocket, scramble, and throw very accurately while on the move). Still think it'll be a close game.
jr15aggie
AG
One thing I haven't heard a lot of talk about... GB is gonna be tired and sore until at least mid week after that game. Extremely cold and physical. I'm not even talking about the guys that got injured (and they were notable), but just in general, that's the kind of game that sticks with you for several days.

Should be a HUGE advantage for Dallas. All the talk about GB being a team to fear is legitimate, but Dallas is so good in so many areas... because we are fresh it wouldn't surprise me if we put a decent whooping on them.
jtstanley4621
AG
The fresh versus beat up argument is an interesting one. Some say that it can sometimes be bad to have this amount of time off, because you stop playing for a while, whereas another team just keeps right on with the routine and stuff. It goes either way I suppose. I am glad that we got to rest some guys on the d-line and Tyron Smith
Ag12thman
AG
Would be nice, but don't forget the "rust" factor that plays in on the Dallas side. We've all seen teams that should be worn out go on the road and win against rested teams in the playoffs in the past.
MooreTrucker
AG
PIT rested Ben, Bell, and Brown completely in week 17, and they did just fine yesterday.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Interesting to see the line favors Dallas but so far most national pundits Ive seen seem to be picking GB.
Reginald Cousins
S
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Interesting to see the line favors Dallas but so far most national pundits Ive seen seem to be picking GB.

They don't wanna pick against hot Rodgers. Regardless of who's out.
mts6175
AG
Watching the National Championship tonight made me think of this, the Cowboys need to go after OJ Howard in the draft this year as Witten's replacement. Dude is a beast.
Ag12thman
AG
He's got a long future ahead of him in the NFL, no doubt (barring injury).
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

They don't wanna pick against hot Rodgers. Regardless of who's out.
Yeah, you should have heard Peter Shrager on Good Morning Football this morning. His slobbering over Rodgers was nauseating.
PatAg
AG
Romo only goes in if Dak gets hurts.

And im one of the biggest Romo supporters around. Like, if I hear any morons at a bar badmouthing Romo, they had to be corrected. Or you idiots on this thread over the years.
PatAg
AG
If anything, all the "experts" picking GB will be a good thing. No chance of any young players being complacent going into the game, now we can be the team with the best record and play the "nobody believes in us" card!!
birdman
I think Romo plays most of 4th quarter when Dallas is ahead by 28 points.
Macarthur
mts6175 said:

Watching the National Championship tonight made me think of this, the Cowboys need to go after OJ Howard in the draft this year as Witten's replacement. Dude is a beast.
Really interesting pairing him w witten. We need so much on def, esp CB.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If Romo comes in for an injured Dak and leads the Cowboys to a huge comeback victory, could the sports world handle it?
bonfarr
AG
birdman said:

I think Romo plays most of 4th quarter when Dallas is ahead by 28 points.

That will not happen, Romo has shown he can still move and throw well in one drive versus Philly. Jerry won't risk an injury ruining his value in a trade for garbage time. If the Cowboys go up by 28 they will keep Dak in and hand the ball off to the RBs and eat up clock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.