*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,277 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Reports that Romo will not be IRd outa Dallas tonight.

Not even slightly surprising.

Romo is also gonna play 4 more years.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI Showers cleared waivers and is back on practice squad. His quest to be a career back-up continues. Good for him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
NFL backup qb might be the best job on the planet. Especially 3rd string. Collect a nice fat check for doing a whole lotta nothing.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
I am so ready to watch Dak & Zeke tear the NY Giants a new butt hole!!! It's going to happen, we just have a few more days to wait!!!!
Me too... I've been watching youtube videos like crazy.

I never noticed Elliott's reaction to Romo getting hurt. See him throw his hands down in disgust?
The running, the blocking, the catching. I don't remember seeing a rookie that can do everything as well as he can.

****MUTE THE AUDIO (NSFW) ON THE DAK HIGHLIGHTS****
The more I watch the kid the more he reminds me of a bigger less athletic Donovan McNabb. His technique was awkward, wasn't the most accurate, but he could get it done.

Sea Gull
AG
So what's the outlook on Tapper? Is this something that can be 100% cured?
PooDoo
AG
They say he's had it since birth and the first doctor said he should stop playing. Supposedly he's seeking a 2nd opinion.
Ryan34
AG
The injury that Tapper has doesn't heal. I have essentially the same thing, except mine is advanced in that my vertebrae has slipped out of place, which is causing disk damage as well. I'm guessing that if he has numbness in his legs, then his has slipped as well. If that's the case, he probably shouldn't play. If it's anything like mine, at minimum he'll always have back spasm issues.
Ryan34
AG
quote:
They say he's had it since birth and the first doctor said he should stop playing. Supposedly he's seeking a 2nd opinion.

Not since birth. It isn't an uncommon injury for young athletes actually.
PooDoo
AG
You'd think that would be the 1st thing they check for at the combine.
Ag Natural
AG
quote:
You'd think that would be the 1st thing they check for at the combine.
Supposedly they do to some extent. It would be interesting to figure out how everyone missed it.
Ryan34
AG
It doesn't always show on an X-Ray. Mine doesn't. Had to have a bone scan or CT scan to see it.
TheCougarHunter
AG
We have 3 defensive ends that can play now and they're all off the street quality. What a ****ing **** show.
jr15aggie
AG
Romo not going on IR. I get it from a team standpoint... name the player that is so good that we'd risk not having Romo for 2 weeks if he happens to heal fast enough.

I just hope they are 100% sure he is 100% healed before he takes the field again.
RedlineAg08
I'll be at the game on Sunday and will yell all of our displeasures in the Cowboys management at the box where Jerry/Stephen sit.
PooDoo
AG
Think they are waiting to see how Dak handles live fire?

Also, early mocks have Myles #1 to Cleveland
... Cowboys go TE :0
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler
Sea Gull
AG
5 days until go time!
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Romo not going on IR. I get it from a team standpoint... name the player that is so good that we'd risk not having Romo for 2 weeks if he happens to heal fast enough.

I just hope they are 100% sure he is 100% healed before he takes the field again.
From what I have seen and read, the compression fracture he has is in no danger of worsening by playing. It is all about the pain. Once the pain is gone, he should be able to start playing.
Tursiops93
AG
quote:
Think they are waiting to see how Dak handles live fire?

Also, early mocks have Myles #1 to Cleveland
... Cowboys go TE :0
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler
Myles needs to play well enough for us to win, but not so good he ends up in that career death trap called Cleveland!
jr15aggie
AG
I wonder if, at the combine, they will mention how he was held on every other play!
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake
Hate to say it, but that looks like a sinking ship...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tyron Smith and Sean Lee look a little concerned
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
as my old lady day care center teacher used say...."bless their hearts"
MSU/SECALUM
Miss. St. sets up billboards in Dallas honoring Dak Prescott

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/09/miss-st-sets-up-billboards-in-dallas-honoring-dak-prescott/
PooDoo
AG
We should do something like that for our guys in their home town & NFL home.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Miss. St. sets up billboards in Dallas honoring Dak Prescott

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/09/miss-st-sets-up-billboards-in-dallas-honoring-dak-prescott/

Good bull... But... Yeah... They are mostly just name dropping for recruits! Miss St. Gonna need a few of DFWs best based on last week's performance!
BassCowboy33
I literally have no idea what to expect come Sunday.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I'm so excited! But yeah, we've seen some crazy crap when we play the Giants. Pretty much ever since Romo & Eli took over you never know what to expect.

On paper the Giants look to be contenders. But I'm all in on this Cowboys team. Let's go Zeke and Dak!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
idk but my guess if i had to would be like a 31-24 type score Giants win.

Prescott 2 TDs 2 INTs maybe. Something like that.
BMX Bandit
If this were one of those Giant teams from a few years ago with that great DL, I'd be very worried. But that defense shouldn't be very good. Better than last year, but still not good.

So Cowboys should be able to score. Can they stop giants is the question for me. And I think answer is "no"

Giants 27
Cowboys 24
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
If this were one of those Giant teams from a few years ago with that great DL, I'd be very worried. But that defense shouldn't be very good. Better than last year, but still not good.

So Cowboys should be able to score. Can they stop giants is the question for me. And I think answer is "no"

Giants 27
Cowboys 24

Um... I think you might be forgetting how much money they spent on their defense in the offseason. They got Olivier Vernon (considered the prize #1 free agent by many and gave Tyron fits last year when we played Miami) not to mention Janoris Jenkins and a massive DT Damon Harris. Keep in mind they also have JPP coming back albeit with half a hand.

They spent a crap ton of money and they are definitely shooting for a type of defense that won them 2 Super Bowls. Their WR corps is also sick! Beckham, Cruz, and that OU rookie Shepard I fear is gonna be a player for them.

In short, the Giants could be REALLY good this year. My hope is they get burned by spending crazy money on free agents and it comes crashing down on them like it did for Washington years ago. Like they say, the really great players don't become free agents.

That being said, I have a ton of confidence in this Cowboys team, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. The Giants may be a match-up problem for us (their weakest link is the O-line... but our D-line blows) and if we get a L this weekend it won't necessarily mean we are a bad team.

Because I'm a big homer: Cowboys 27 Giants 24
PooDoo
AG
If Eli is hot and doesn't turn over the ball I don't think we have a shot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Eili will stand back there with forever to throw and will pick Dallas apart. Dak will look ok but nothing like preseason. 34-17 Giants

Hope to be proven wrong
BMX Bandit
So I'm underestimating the Giants defense, but you predict them to score more than I did.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
So I'm underestimating the Giants defense, but you predict them to score more than I did.

Lol, I know! I said I was a big homer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.