*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,328 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the Stadgium is kinda terrible and don't have an opinion on the Star.

What did Sturm say?
corleoneAg99
AG
That Jerry is terrible. Sorry that hurts your feelings.
PooDoo
AG
I don't care what you think about Jerry... just tired of your complaining.
corleoneAg99
RedlineAg08
That's the best troll job I've seen in a while. Perfectly executed!
PooDoo
AG
It was great but what else does he have to do? As bad as the Cowboys have been I wouldn't trade places with the aborted Oilers or Texans.
corleoneAg99
AG
Makes sense. Texans might actually make the playoffs.
RedlineAg08
PooDoo
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Makes sense. Texans might actually make the playoffs.

Have fun rooting for them.
Sea Gull
AG
PooDoo said:

I don't care what you think about Jerry... just tired of your complaining.

This. Why does this guy even watch the Cowboys if all he's going to do is ***** about them
corleoneAg99
AG
Solid point. Gonna stop watching them because complaining on the Internet is wrong.

Love you guys.
Sea Gull
AG
How about you just stop bleeding all over this thread?
corleoneAg99
AG
Sure thing, boss.
Sea Gull
AG
Glad we got that settled.
corleoneAg99
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Glad we got that settled.

Such a BAMF.
PatAg
AG
I guess Bailey is human this year
toucan82
toucan82 said:

14-2

Mark it down

Looking good
jr15aggie
AG
No Romo all year so far... no Scandrick, Tryon, Dez at other times. Say that three months ago and I guarantee every single one of us is predicting 0-4.

To be 3-1 is not only amazing but speaks to the future of this team!

FYI, congrats to the NFLs leading rusher Zeke Elliot!
Macarthur
D Lawrence back now should help the pass rush.
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

What did Sturm say?
I'm not convinced of the stadium's terribleness. College games there are absolutely electric. It's loud, it's wild, and it's fun. It's only Cowboys games. You hear stories all the time of ushers and fans (especially in the lower bowl) asking other fans to sit down and be quiet during the game. It's a sense of fan entitlement that drives me crazy.

So, in conclusion, I'd say that the fans are more terrible than the stadium.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

D Lawrence back now should help the pass rush.

Exactly. Hard to say how much this helps us... But D-Law is a solid up and coming NFL DE. He definitely will be an improvement.
jr15aggie
AG
And a shout out to T Will. Guy stepped up today. Key grabs and Dak missed him for a big play. I know we give him crap for good reason, but I've seen a lot worse from other 3rd round picks.

And another shout out for Chaz Geen and Leary... No complaints here.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think the stadium itself is fine. I think the giant ****ing tv combined with a lot of corporate ticketholders is the problem. Replace those people with passionate college fans, and the stadium is just fine and loud.

I also think the stadium is (1) so expensive and (2) such a spectacle that lots of visitong fans are coming for a look and finding ticket availability due to season ticketholders looking to recoup some cost by selling some games they may not otherwise.
PatAg
AG
Speaking as someone that has actually attended a couple Cowboys games at the deathstar, it absolutely gets loud there. Not sure why it doesn't transfer to TV, but I would venture to guess most of you havent attended one.
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

PooDoo said:

What did Sturm say?
I'm not convinced of the stadium's terribleness. College games there are absolutely electric. It's loud, it's wild, and it's fun. It's only Cowboys games. You hear stories all the time of ushers and fans (especially in the lower bowl) asking other fans to sit down and be quiet during the game. It's a sense of fan entitlement that drives me crazy.

It's fine for neutral field college games where you can get 40k on each side... Sux for Cowboy games and gives away the home field advantage. Don't get me started on the sun during day games.
PooDoo
AG
It gets loud but so do the visitors.... its fine hopefully when the Cowboys get hot again we'll be able to fill it up with 99% Cowboy fans and really blow the roof off the place.
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

BassCowboy33 said:

PooDoo said:

What did Sturm say?

It's fine for neutral field college games where you can get 40k on each side... Sux for Cowboy games and gives away the home field advantage. Don't get me started on the sun during day games.

Craig Miller loves that discussion. He brought that up on air with the architect during construction and the guy treated it like it was the dumbest thing he'd ever heard.

Worse, it doesn't have to happen. They have curtains that can slide down the glass and block the sun.
Ag Natural
AG
Welp, despite all the belly aching the Cowboys are 3-1 with 2 road wins. They've been able to win a few close games which was unheard of last season. The front office gets lambasted on here but you have to admit that any team able to win games with 7 starters out has done a better than average job.

The pass rush still counts to 3 Mississippi before rushing... but the secondary has been good. They've given up between 17 and 20 points each game.

I believe Cincy is more talented than the four teams they've played so far. So we should learn a little more this week. Hopefully Lawrence is ready to contribute.
RedlineAg08
Yep. The front office is making me feel stupid about now. Cinci is going to be a tough test. We need our OLine and EE to have big games against their defense to keep Dak protected.

And I agree our secondary has been exceptional so far. Anything added in the pass rush department can only help that. Hope they keep Crawford on the outside and put Lawrence opposite of him. I think that's our best lineup at the moment.
jtstanley4621
AG
Devil's advocate: they're 3-1 with wins against 3 teams that any halfway decent team SHOULD beat.

But.... I will say that Claiborne has played better, and hopefully Lawrence coming back improves the mostly non-existent pass rush. I feel optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to the Bengals. It'll be tough. I think they're probably the best team we've faced so far. I am very encouraged by Zeke and Dak. They both have just seemed to get better with each game. I'm especially impressed with Dak spreading the ball around like he has, even with no Dez. And the o-line deserves a lot of credit for doing what they did without Smith and Collins. Thank goodness we didn't trade Leary.
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Devil's advocate: they're 3-1 with wins against 3 teams that any halfway decent team SHOULD beat.
It's very true, we haven't exactly played world beaters yet. But we had a crazy number of injuries and still won an NFL game.

The last 10-15 years in the NFL have been crazy... good teams turn to crap overnight (what's the deal Carolina & Arizona?) and bad teams one year are conference champs the next. Wins produce confidence & team chemistry and that can make up for what you lack in talent.
Sea Gull
AG
Rough game, but, like always, I'll take the win. Dak showed real poise and that he can take this team on his back if he needs to. It also looked like Witten helped him out a few times by adjusting the pass protection. And Dak seemed to accept it...this is crucial. Getting Dez back will be huge...he always seems to have a good game against teams with an elite receiver. Zeke looked great. Chaz Green and Doug Free both struggled, so Tyron Smith needs to come back.

The defense played like **** the first quarter and then really hunkered down. Getting Lawrence back will be huge! It's frustrating when the Cowboys blitz 7 and still can't pressure anyone. Anthony Brown and Claiborne played well, I thought. Sean Lee really adjusted to that read-option.

Still made some bone head plays, but that seems like a trait of any Garrett coached teams.
PooDoo
AG
Reports out that Duh-ez missed meetings & treatment for his leg. We should've traded him 2 years ago.

http://es.pn/2dx0AEd
Macarthur
Duck Patrol said:

Rough game, but, like always, I'll take the win. Dak showed real poise and that he can take this team on his back if he needs to. It also looked like Witten helped him out a few times by adjusting the pass protection. And Dak seemed to accept it...this is crucial. Getting Dez back will be huge...he always seems to have a good game against teams with an elite receiver. Zeke looked great. Chaz Green and Doug Free both struggled, so Tyron Smith needs to come back.

The defense played like **** the first quarter and then really hunkered down. Getting Lawrence back will be huge! It's frustrating when the Cowboys blitz 7 and still can't pressure anyone. Anthony Brown and Claiborne played well, I thought. Sean Lee really adjusted to that read-option.

Still made some bone head plays, but that seems like a trait of any Garrett coached teams.

I think the Dak thing is interesting because he actually started the game out in a pretty bad way. There were like 3 straight 3rd down conversions that his accuracy did not allow the conversion. I thought it was really important that he turned that around, especially with that drive right before half. Showed some evolution for the kid to face some adversity and turn things around mid-game.

Also, on the defense, it seems as though they tend to get some pressure on the QB as the game goes along. They have had very little pressure the first half of these games, but it does seem that they pick things up in the 2nd half. They're not bringing crazy pressure, but they did get to Gabbert in the second half enough to affect his accuracy.
jr15aggie
AG
If Jaylon Smith heals 100%, then this years draft will have netted Zeke, Jaylon, Maliek Collins, Dak, & Anthony Brown.

If we keep that up for a couple years we'll be so loaded that in 2019 we can draft all special teams guys again!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.