*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,359 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Cut his ass. He's useless. Every time he gets the ball, he's high risk with very rare reward. Make him this year's Curvin Richards.
there's been lotsa buzz about them Curvin Richardsing him today.

one point that seems be catching on though is that Richards wasn't apparently particularly cared for by teammates that much. Whitehead apparently is. so they are not sure how the team would see or receive such cut-throat move. definitely don't want chemistry messed with.

birdman
I wouldn't cut him with just a few games left in season. But I'd find his replacement this offseason.
Agnzona
What are the scenarios that could clinch home field advantage today?
Gigem Trevas
Agnzona said:

What are the scenarios that could clinch home field advantage today?

Cowboys win and either one of Detroit and Seattle loses the cowboys get a first round bye. Cowboys win and both lose the cowboys get the first overall seed.
Grapesoda2525
I'll go ahead and say it but the Seahawks on the road are terrible. They don't scare me in the playoffs as long as the game is here.
Confucius
Seattle down 21-3

They will fall to the 3 seed if this score holds up. Pretty sweet if they have to face a NFC East opponent in the Wild Card round.
Grapesoda2525
I'd like to see the Redskins have to go up there.
birdman
I still think the Seahawk offensive line will end up getting Russell Wilson injured. They stink.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i know the Lions didn't look that great today in their win but i'll say it again, i think Dallas has matchup problems with them. they can give Dallas trouble in the playoffs even if they don't here when they play in a couple of weeks.
Enviroag02
AG
Stafford has a dislocated thumb and torn ligaments in his throwing hand
Marco Esquandolas
AG
"The top of Stafford's finger is now bent downwards at a 90-degree angle and he has no control over the top part of it. "
bonfarr
AG
Things are trending the Cowboys way, Seattle loses and Stafford and Rodgers both suffering injuries in their wins.
birdman
I guess some people just watched the Aikman bio on NFL Network lately. And I'm guessing they are too young to remember Aikman.

He was not a project. He was seen as can't miss NFL quarterback. He had amazing career in college, running a pro scheme. And he had the right build and rocket arm. This was like picking Luck or Manning. It was not a "maybe" like Russell or Leaf.

The quarterback coach on the biography was Jerry Rhome. He was widely regarded as best quarterback coach on the planet. (he might still be)

Jimmy Johnson was played stupid mental games with Aikman. He screwed him over several times. It backfired.

And as mentioned, the Cowboys were terrible. Troy Aikman got sacked 11 times in single game against the Eagles. It was most brutal beating I've ever seen a quarterback take. By comparison, Dak Prescott has been sacked just 18 this season.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Enviroag02 said:

I didn't know this. Ok that might put a dent in what i said about the Lions
TyHolden
AG
It's still Seattle
gougler08
AG
Marco Esquandolas said:

"The top of Stafford's finger is now bent downwards at a 90-degree angle and he has no control over the top part of it. "
DannyDuberstein
AG
With that severity of an injury, he's got to worry about nerve damage and the possible implication to his career.
NukeAg10
BryanAggie2013
AG
Man. What a terrible game by the O.
Pignorant
AG
People we are 11-2. Remain calm.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Rough game. But still in complete control.

Just need to right the ship on offense.
TheCougarHunter
AG
This game was worrisome. Dez looked downright terrible. Dak looked very much like a rookie.

On a positive note, the defense was excellent.
tannerr0703
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Enviroag02 said:

I didn't know this. Ok that might put a dent in what i said about the Lions
Wow didnt know this either..
Confucius
Maybe, just maybe Jerry should not do more interviews this week fellating the backup QB.

Maybe, just maybe Zeke and Dak should not go out this week and spray champagne like they've accomplished *****
PatAg
AG
Zeke beasted this game, don't get the playcalling. Make them stop him, and then try to see if Dak can figure it out when he is struggling
98Ag99Grad
AG
They were due for a stinker. Bring on the Bucs.
Ag12thman
AG
Offense has been in a state of regression for a couple of games now, it seems. Prescott cannot handle pressure whatsoever. Romo is so much better in that situation. (NO, I'm not calling for a change, btw.)
Ag12thman
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

This is an underrated point. The focus needed to be off of the winning streak going into the playoffs. We've seen what happens with those streaks going into the playoffs -- they end before the Super Bowl or IN the Super Bowl.
PatAg
AG
Ag12thman said:

Offense has been in a state of regression for a couple of games now, it seems. Prescott cannot handle pressure whatsoever. Romo is so much better in that situation. (NO, I'm not calling for a change, btw.)
except for all the games this year where he did...
NukeAg10
AG
Back home next week against the bucs.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ag12thman said:

98Ag99Grad said:

This is an underrated point. The focus needed to be off of the winning streak going into the playoffs. We've seen what happens with those streaks going into the playoffs -- they end before the Super Bowl or IN the Super Bowl.
just posted this in the game thread too.

maybe losing tonight wasn't the worst thing that could happen. get it outa their system, reset their minds a bit, and refocus on a new run lasting through Feb.

tannerr0703
AG
Very interested to see how this team responds to a good bucs squad next week. Crazy we have lost by only combined four points this season.

I do think the defense is improving at least.
ac04
not looking forward to seeing TB's defense next
Confucius
Philly losing today also just about guarantees they will be eliminated, so hopefully they lay down for week 17 if we need it to clinch.
jtstanley4621
AG
The offensive play calling was not great outside of that really well executed fake toss to Zeke that went for the TD. Although I think the Giants defense is just flat out good. Clearly they blitzed the hell out of Dak, and it worked because their corners played really well. I don't know if that's something a lot of other teams could do, but who knows. The offense left a lot to be desired.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.