*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,347 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DSAg44 said:

Sit dak and Elliot ???

Zeke maybe. But hes chasing Dickerson. Not a fan of sitting Dak. Rookie year he needs experience.

Im more excited about sitting guys on D that are banged up or we need to get fresh. Mayowa, Durant, Scandrick, & Lee come to mind first.

Dont sit guys completely (except Lee maybe) but cut their snaps drastically.
option short side
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

DSAg44 said:

Sit dak and Elliot ???
I would say let Romo start Detroit, but they have probably been practicing Dak all week.
I think you have to play Dak at least the 1st half then let romo play the 2nd. As far as Zeke goes I say rest him the whole game and let McFadden handle the rock.
TyHolden
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

DSAg44 said:

Sit dak and Elliot ???
I would say let Romo start Detroit, but they have probably been practicing Dak all week.
nah - start everybody. Sit dak and Elliot after first half.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Theres the political aspect to playing Romo too. Not sure how they will handle all that.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Lee is not a guy who will all of the sudden become rusty if he doesn't play for a couple weeks. If Im Garrett I play him in 3rd downs only for the first half vs Detroit then sit him for the 2nd hald and sit him completely vs Philly.

Thats the one guy more than anyone that would for all intents and purposes be catastrophic if they lost.
Grapesoda2525
Id just play hard and try to beat the lions this week. Pretend the game matters. Then sit everyone for the philly game.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I love how the immediate reaction by commentators was "And the Cowboys will get the 1 seed!". Cowboys haters gota hate that.
gigem1223
Just bought my divisional round tickets! Pumped!
Grapesoda2525
Best thing about home field is that we don't have to go to Seattle or New York.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gigem1223 said:

Just bought my divisional round tickets! Pumped!
are you a season ticket holder? mind if i ask the cost on that?
gigem1223
No sir. I typically go to every home game in my company's suite. However, playoff games will likely be reserved for executives only so I went ahead and bought my wife and I some tickets. I paid a little over $580/ ticket for lower level goal line.
BassCowboy33
You don't sit them against Detroit. The last thing you want is to go four weeks without playing. Teams often have lethargy issues coming out of the bye week, let alone a four week issue.

They play full tilt against Detroit and likely the first half against Philly. You MIGHT sit Zeke against Philly or just split carries with McFadden over the next two weeks, but Dak needs to play. Lee might get sporadic rest based on his injury history as well, but not on Monday.

Detroit is a good matchup for Dallas. Pin them to the wall.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gigem1223 said:

No sir. I typically go to every home game in my company's suite. However, playoff games will likely be reserved for executives only so I went ahead and bought my wife and I some tickets. I paid a little over $580/ ticket for lower level goal line.
cool thanks.
jr15aggie
AG
One thing to keep in mind, they can only dress 46 guys on game day. The biggest risk to injury is forcing certain guys to play a lot more snaps than they are use to. So the risk is just as high that you kill your depth in an effort to save the starters.

Point being... don't get mad at the coaches if they don't limit the starters as much as you think. I can see them limiting Zeke to no more than 20 carries and limiting Sean Lee's snaps (and possibly making him inactive for Philly), but otherwise I think we see our usual rotation of guys for the most part.

Personally I hope we see Romo in the 2nd half vs. Philly.
Macarthur
BassCowboy33 said:

You don't sit them against Detroit. The last thing you want is to go four weeks without playing. Teams often have lethargy issues coming out of the bye week, let alone a four week issue.

They play full tilt against Detroit and likely the first half against Philly. You MIGHT sit Zeke against Philly or just split carries with McFadden over the next two weeks, but Dak needs to play. Lee might get sporadic rest based on his injury history as well, but not on Monday.

Detroit is a good matchup for Dallas. Pin them to the wall.

I agree. I think you go all out and try to win Detroit.

Now, Philly, I could see Dak getting one half and let Romo have the 2nd half. I think I would sit zeke for all of philly. He's taken a lot of hits this season.
Confucius
Romo starts in Philly, and wouldn't be surprised they sit Zeke if he has the rushing title sewn up. I might also give the OL a breather. Wouldn't sit Dez or any WRs though. They need to be sharper.
Agristotle
AG
Giving the oline a breather and starting Romo seems like a volatile combination
MooreTrucker
AG
Agristotle said:

Especially in Philly
Confucius
MooreTrucker said:

Agristotle said:

Especially in Philly

No better way to test and see how the ol' back is doing.
MooreTrucker
AG
Confucius said:

MooreTrucker said:

Agristotle said:

Especially in Philly

No better way to test and see how the ol' back is doing.
Or eliminate any QB controversy....the hard way.
TyHolden
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

we could always set up a scrimmage with the texans when they don't make the playoffs...
BassCowboy33
DSAg44 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

we could always set up a scrimmage with the texans when they don't make the playoffs...

I laughed
91AggieLawyer
AG
I don't sit anyone anytime unless they're banged up. If they get hurt, they get hurt. We move on without them.

Now, if we have a lead in the 4th and you want to bring in Romo, that's fine. But for HIS benefit and not Dak's.
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke totally hooking up his oline for Christmas! Friggin love this guy!!!

Kashchei
AG
I would laugh and cry at the same time if they rolled those and all got injured
Bodhi
AG
Favorite moments of 2016
- Zeke walk off TD in Pitt
-Walk off TD to Witten in overtime vs Philly
- Zeke jumpin into the kettle and poppin his head out like a weasel
-Kellen Moore breaking his leg
Mozart Paintings
AG
How are they supposed to get those home.

Pretty cool though.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Packers O starting to come together a bit.
BassCowboy33
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Packers O starting to come together a bit.

Won't matter if they keep giving up oodles of yards. They'll play teams who can match up far better than Minnesota and Chicago.
jr15aggie
AG
Looking at the scores today it is apparent the teams that are just ready for this season to be over.
MooreTrucker
AG

NM...misread.
BassCowboy33
Browns!!!
MooreTrucker
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Browns!!!
Josh Lambo
DannyDuberstein
AG
Will give Norm Hitzges some credit on this one. Picked Browns to not only cover but also win outright.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lockett on Seattle is done for the year. Nasty broken leg.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.