*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,421 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

best draft in nfl history if jaylon turns out to be a beast

Some cowboys beat writers have wondered out loud recently if he'll even play in 17. This was after last weeks roster move.
MicheIangeIo
AG
jteagle said:

MicheIangeIo said:

Tap the breaks just a little there Mike. They haven't even finished a full season yet. Check out the Cowboys 1975 draft so you will know what to compare to for one of the best drafts in Cowboys history.
yeah i'm obviously throwing out a major hyperbole given we are 11 games into this. And yea Manster and Hollywood in the same draft is def up there....but what appears to be a franchise QB and RB in the same draft?
jteagle
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

jteagle said:

MicheIangeIo said:

Tap the breaks just a little there Mike. They haven't even finished a full season yet. Check out the Cowboys 1975 draft so you will know what to compare to for one of the best drafts in Cowboys history.
yeah i'm obviously throwing out a major hyperbole given we are 11 games into this. And yea Manster and Hollywood in the same draft is def up there....but what appears to be a franchise QB and RB in the same draft?
Obviously I hope you are right. It is definitely starting out in a good way.
jteagle
AG
jteagle said:

MicheIangeIo said:

jteagle said:

MicheIangeIo said:

Obviously I hope you are right. It is definitely starting out in a good way.
Sorry wrong emoji!
PatAg
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Good for Murray bouncing back with the Titans. He's been surprisingly excellent this season. I thought that would be the end of the line for him in terms of productivity, but he's been very solid. They're actually fairly fun to watch.
I still think we made the right call with Murray, I think he made him a fair offer from what reports say. You have to wonder what Philly was even thinking, to sign him and then not tailor their offense to his abilities.
MicheIangeIo
AG
PatAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Good for Murray bouncing back with the Titans. He's been surprisingly excellent this season. I thought that would be the end of the line for him in terms of productivity, but he's been very solid. They're actually fairly fun to watch.
I still think we made the right call with Murray, I think he made him a fair offer from what reports say. You have to wonder what Philly was even thinking, to sign him and then not tailor their offense to his abilities.
No question we made the right move. I take Zeke all day over Demarco. I loved Demarco tho...but Zeke is younger, I think has more speed/agility, can block just as well as DM
Reginald Cousins
S
jteagle said:

MicheIangeIo said:

Except nearly every pundit says what he does. Best draft in the whole league IF Jaylon comes back.

And also, try tapping the brakes. Never seen breaks to tap.
jteagle
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

jteagle said:

MicheIangeIo said:

Except nearly every pundit says what he does. Best draft in the whole league IF Jaylon comes back.

And also, try tapping the brakes. Never seen breaks to tap.
These are special breaks!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Between Philly and SF, could it be more clear that Chip Kelly is a ****ing nimrod?
jr15aggie
AG
Funny that Philly has one of the better point differentials (+41) and yet they are now below .500 W/L.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Agreed, but I would take Kelly as a college coach in a heartbeat.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Agreed, but I would take Kelly as a college coach in a heartbeat.
Well, after 2017 I imagine that might be a possibility!
jr15aggie
AG
So apparently the OT & Center for the Vikings left last weeks game and did not return. Both are questionable against Dallas. Wow... an O-line that was already a mess with injuries might have 2 more. Sounds like at least one of them will battle through and play, but hopefully we can take advantage of that. I think Bradford has a gimpy ankle too.

Could be a tough game because of their defense, but we are fully capable of throttling a team like this too. It's been a few weeks since we really took it to a team, I think it's time!
Rudyjax
AG
Great story on Dak...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/who-was-driving-force-that-brought-dak-prescott-to-cowboys-and-why-did-it-take-so-long-013907957.html

My take away, Johnny helped the Cowboys land Dak.
PooDoo
AG
Thanks Johnny!
Brush Country
Looks like a hungover Friday.
jr15aggie
AG
Not taking Johnny has set this team up for the next decade. How fortunate are we that Martin has become an all world OG and then a few years later here comes Zeke and Dak.

The roadmap for the next few years is simple. Get rid of Romo's salary and take advantage of paying Dak and Zeke chump change and load up on defense.
Grapesoda2525
Isn't the entire line signed long term except Martin? He would need extending I'd presume.
jtstanley4621
AG
Martin is likely the best guard in the NFL. It's really amazing how all of our first round o-line picks have panned out
jr15aggie
AG
grapespda2525 said:

Isn't the entire line signed long term except Martin? He would need extending I'd presume.

They will resign Martin for sure. Talk is let Chaz replace Free and let Leary walk and use Collins. Can't pay them all and Tryon, Frederick, and Martin are the core guys.
Grapesoda2525
There will be a lot of people glad to see Free go. it's amazing that he's their only bad contract on O-line.
Ag Natural
AG
grapespda2525 said:

There will be a lot of people glad to see Free go. it's amazing that he's their only bad contract on O-line.

Well except for the fact that he's having his best season and might make the pro bowl.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I don't think he's a bad contract. He has taken pay cuts.
BassCowboy33
Ag Natural said:

grapespda2525 said:

Well except for the fact that he's having his best season and might make the pro bowl.

In no way is Free a bad contract. Dude is a solid offensive lineman.
bonfarr
AG
Free has cut the penalties that have seemed to plague him for years and he gets whipped every now and then but not nearly as often. I have been very critical of Free in the past but have to admit he has been good this season.
TyHolden
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Between Philly and SF, could it be more clear that Chip Kelly is a ****ing nimrod?
he'll be ready for ags next year mid-season
jr15aggie
AG
I drove bus said:

I don't think he's a bad contract. He has taken pay cuts.

I believe his cap hit is still pretty high (top 5 on the team or close to it). And yes he's having a fine year. But Chaz has two more years at a significantly lower salary. Free is better right now, but you have to play the cap game if you want to pay to keep the core guys.

That's why Ron Leary is gone after this year... Guy deserves a big payday but we'll have to stick with Collins who has 1 more year on a cheap deal.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I assume a guard will be drafted in the middle rounds this year as well.
Sea Gull
AG
bonfarr said:

Free has cut the penalties that have seemed to plague him for years and he gets whipped every now and then but not nearly as often. I have been very critical of Free in the past but have to admit he has been good this season.

He's cleaned up his play as the season has gone on. The beginning of the year was brutal for him. And I still worry about the JPP vs Free matchup coming in a week and a half.
Sea Gull
AG
Man, I liked T-Newman. Glad to see him still playing.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
As much as Dallas needs to go heavy D next draft i can totally see them taking another O Tackle in the first couple rounds. They are going to keep doubling down on their Oline strategy.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

As much as Dallas needs to go heavy D next draft i can totally see them taking another O Tackle in the first couple rounds. They are going to keep doubling down on their Oline strategy.
LOL, I know, but it's working!

We have to go heavy D in the draft, but not at the expense of ignoring our strengths. If there is a starting quality OG or OT hanging around and he is by far the #1 guy on the board then take the guy! We didn't go into the draft looking for a center, but Frederick is working out pretty good for us.

This is why I'm HOPING somebody will give us a 1st or 2nd for the rights to Romo (Vikes gave a 1st for injury prone Bradford so don't tell me it's not possible). Even an extra 3rd or 4th rounder would be helpful.
BassCowboy33
I've seen multiple early mocks that have Dallas taking the WR Ross from MSU or The RB/WR McCaffery from Stanford. So, at least right now, the pundits think that Dallas will double down on offense and/or let T-Will bail.
Grapesoda2525
What do you guys think of the Vikings matchup? We need to win that one. I don't like the thought of playing against the Giants for the Top spot in the NFC east.
bonfarr
AG
Vikes have been losing a ton lately and Bradford looks like ass. Barring an emotional letdown we should win easily.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.