*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,448 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eagles gonna be in line to draft Myles...

God I hope that doesn't happen.
RedlineAg08
Nice move by both teams. The Vikings are trying to win this year. AP might have 1 more year before he starts showing wear and tear.
PooDoo
AG
Eagles turn Nick Foles & a 2nd into Bradford then turned Bradford into a 1st & 4th.

Wow.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Eagles gonna be in line to draft Myles...

God I hope that doesn't happen.

Eagles 1st was already shipped out for Wentz.
Macarthur
Way too rich for Bradford
RedlineAg08
He's their best option if they want to keep
Super Bowl hopes alive.

Next up would be Mark Sanchez?
corleoneAg99
AG
Go look at Shawn Hill and Bradford career numbers and even Sanchise if you'd like.

It was a laughable over pay.

And then some.
RedlineAg08
Bradford can manage the game with the best running back in the league and a great defense. The other 2 can't. Doesn't matter what their career numbers say.

If they wanted any opportunity to capitalize on AP the they HAD to do it.
jr15aggie
AG
Miss state just proved that all their recent success was 100% Dak. We gonna win the super bowl with a rookie boys!
. . .
Here comes Sanchez!

lunchbox
toucan82
meh

he's a backup QB with some starting experience... could be worse
Ag Natural
AG
Minn got fleeced
corleoneAg99
AG
To say the least.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Minn got fleeced
has Mike Lynn (Vikes exec who agreed to Herschel deal) been brought back to life?

what an absolutely idiotic trade for the Vikes. sorry, i know they are win now but Bradford isn't a guy whose going to get you over the hump into a Super Bowl. that is absurd.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Here comes Sanchez!

Well, several of us said it would be a likely scenario. It was obvious a couple weeks ago Denver was going to cut him and honestly he's a good pick-up for what we are needing.
jr15aggie
AG
Remember when the Eagles swore up and down Wentz was not going to start or even play this year. Well I guess they changed their mind.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17455794/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-start-week-1-healthy

The interesting part is that Wentz was awful in preseason. No idea what the Eagles are thinking right now. I can only hope they manage to scrape together a few wins (against Wash & NY) so they aren't in the Myles Garrett sweepstakes! I would throw up a little if he went there!
PooDoo
AG
Didn't they trade this years 1st to the Browns?
Ag Natural
AG
quote:
Didn't they trade this years 1st to the Browns?

I think they did. That's why getting a 1st for Bradford was huge. I guess can hope for Minn to be decent so they don't get much out of it.
PooDoo
AG
Gregory won his appeal.... 10 game ban down to 4....
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wow Randy Gregory. Very surprising.

Im guessing when league handed that original suspension down they said "show us a real effort " and we'll revisit.? He did by checkin himself in and now this?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Gregory is gona be rusty. No camp whatsoever
DannyDuberstein
AG
I dont think he can go a month without smoking weed.
PooDoo
AG
Red Bryant cut by the Cards... Would love to see him get a shot here.
Reginald Cousins
S
Minnesota did get fleeced. But I think they got punked. I got two notifications. First was Philly telling Minnesota they had no interest in trading Bradford. Fifteen minutes later I got the trade notification.

Makes me think Philly played poker here with Minnesota's original offer, and won.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Gregory won his appeal.... 10 game ban down to 4....

Not so fast.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17463965/randy-gregory-dallas-cowboys-faces-additional-suspension-substance-abuse-violation
http://es.pn/2bM2rQx
txagman1998
AG
Cowboys waived Showers. A small move in the grand scheme of things, but I think it shows poor judgement on Jones part. As part of this move, the Cowboys are keeping Romo on the active roster instead of placing him on IR. The front office continues to think that Romo can bounce back from any injury, probably sooner than expected. The truth is he is 36 1/2 years old and has suffered multiple injuries over the last few years. I believe he is one more big hit from retirement.

Jones hubris in this matter never ceases to amaze me. A smart GM would put Romo on IR so he could fully heal and return to the team when ready. That would open up a roster spot so they can have a third QB available should Prescott or Sanchez have any health issues. Maybe they will be lucky and Romo will be back sooner rather than later and Prescott and Sanchez will both stay healthy, but I think it's a risky move on Jones part.
Agnzona
The IR would have saved Romo and Jerry from themselves and would have been the smart thing to do.
jr15aggie
AG
The Romo IR is a separate issue. Showers got cut cause he proved he isn't ready / good enough to be the backup.

They might still try to get him on the practice squad again, but for now he's out.
Ag Natural
AG
Cutting Showers right now has zero impact on the season .
birdman
Sanchez is miles better than Showers. He is better for this season and any other future season. Cowboys made their team better.

If the guy didn't play at A&M, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
Sanchez is miles better than Showers. He is better for this season and any other future season. Cowboys made their team better.

If the guy didn't play at A&M, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This
. . .
quote:
Tapper may not play at all again. He's getting a 2nd opinion but apparently the first opinion recommended he not take the field anymore. If that holds, then we have another wasted pick on an injured player.
Tapper says he has been slowed by a fractured back

quote:
The fourth-round pick out of Oklahoma said he has a fracture in his back. Tapper said he has a stress fracture in his L5 vertebra and it's commonly called a "pars defect."

Tapper woke up at training camp in Oxnard, Calif., sometime around Aug. 10 -- a few days before the first preseason game at the Rams -- with severe back pain and no feeling in one of his legs.

Tapper said it took the Cowboys a few days to diagnose the issue, which wasn't detected in any tests at the NFL combine or in pre-draft evaluations or any other previous MRIs or X-rays.

"They said I've had it since I was a little boy," Tapper said. "When you look at my spine, it's like it's not attached in there. When I don't take care of it or get treatment, that's when it flares up.

"First time it was diagnosed. I just thought when you wake up, you know you got a little back pain, I'll be good. I went to sleep the next day and I can't even move my leg, I don't know if I'm paralyzed or something. It was pretty painful."

Tapper said he's been living with the back fracture most of his life.
jr15aggie
AG
I am so ready to watch Dak & Zeke tear the NY Giants a new butt hole!!! It's going to happen, we just have a few more days to wait!!!!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Reports that Romo will not be IRd outa Dallas tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.