*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,345 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Injuries and staying healthy are part of the game (see Bruce carter).

If Mo is done for the year, he'll be one of the worst top 10 picks in cowboys history.
Rudyjax
AG
Hanna was a 6th RD pick and before injury was their number 2 in front of Escobar.

Julius Jones was a first round bust under Garret and that was his call.

Ahhh ***** Funk me. It was Felix.
Post removed:
by user
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Frederick is great but still not first round worthy. He's already gotten paid (too much at that).
Wait, what? Frederick is a top 10 pick in every 2013 redraft. And they were able to trade down to almost the second round and still get him. That was one of their best first round picks ever. I can't believe people still buy into draft day narratives 4 years later.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PooDoo
AG
Unthought Known said:

Hanna was a 5th RD pick and before injury was their number 2 in front of Escobar.

Julius Jones? Wasn't a 1st rounder & was a tuna pick.
PooDoo
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Byron jones and mo Claiborne are great first rounders? Jury is out on jones, mo is a bust.

Frederick is great but still not first round worthy. He's already gotten paid (too much at that).

Zeke, Tyron, Martin. Hard to argue those 3, but that's only 3.

Name another team that has more than 3 top player on the roster?
jr15aggie
AG
Unthought Known said:

Lol... WUT!?!?

You made 1 statement but were wrong twice. Lol. Good stuff.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It all went wrong when Garrett drafted David LeFluer with the #1 overall.
Macarthur
Someone doesn't know what they are talking about.
Rudyjax
AG
Ahhh ***** Not Julius Jones, it was the other Jones. Felix.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

It all went wrong when Garrett drafted David LeFluer with the #1 overall.
Yeah, but it wasn't LeFluer's fault that his QB sucked... Garrett could have at least develop Chad Hutchinson into a serviceable QB!
Gigem Trevas
Top of the NFC.
Rudyjax
AG
Felix Jones, Julio Jones, both had a big bag of nothing and you guys know it.
Señor Chang
AG
Garrett was still the OC when Felix Jones was drafted. That always seemed like a Jerry pick all the way.
Kampfers
AG
Seor Chang said:

Garrett was still the OC when Felix Jones was drafted. That always seemed like a Jerry pick all the way.

It definitely was. Never doubt the influence of Jerry when it comes to picking Hogs.
98Ag99Grad
AG
And Gonzalez went one pick before Lafleur. Man things sure would have been different if they were able to draft him instead.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gonzalez went 9-10 picks before LaFleur. And Dallas had to trade up from 25ish to 22 to get LaFleur. It was a crap pick, but I've never really seen that one as a "they picked the wrong TE" mistake. Moving up to 12 or 13 where Gonzalez went would have been a huge, expensive leap that they wouldn't have ever made.
jr15aggie
AG
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/10/31/exclusive-emotional-witten-presented-game-ball
PooDoo
AG
It really looked like Demarcus Lawrence came back with some bulk. Looks like he stayed in the weight room during his suspension.

What kind of gym do you think Gregory's rehab has? Have we lost all hope for the guy contributing?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Lafluer was an Aikman pick .
jr15aggie
AG
FYI the trade deadline is today at 3:00. Doesn't sound like Dallas is going to do anything on the defensive side of the ball. Not surprising.
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

FYI the trade deadline is today at 3:00. Doesn't sound like Dallas is going to do anything on the defensive side of the ball. Not surprising.

A lot of this stuff isn't released til close to the wire. Not saying they will, but impossible to tell at this point.
bonfarr
AG
Will we get anything for McFadden? 6th rounder maybe?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
bonfarr said:

Will we get anything for McFadden? 6th rounder maybe?

Certainly not a difference making pass rusher.
Rudyjax
AG
Kampfers said:

Seor Chang said:

It definitely was. Never doubt the influence of Jerry when it comes to picking Hogs.

It was a Garret pick. There was a draft video on Hardknocks where Garret said this is our guy. He's special. They drafted him.
Ag Natural
AG
Ironically, both Julius and Felix were pretty special as rookies and then declined after that. Lets hope that doesn't happen to Zeke.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

Ironically, both Julius and Felix were pretty special as rookies and then declined after that. Lets hope that doesn't happen to Zeke.
Felix was absolutely greased lightening early in his rookie year. Played sparingly in pre-season like most guys but he flashed when he got the ball. In his first game as a rookie he almost took it to the house on his very first carry (guy got the tip of his foot)... but he ended up scoring on a 5-10 yard run later in the drive anyway.

But it wasn't long before he started getting hurt (and he wasn't even getting a full load cause he split time with Barber). Ultimately we only got to see a few games when he was 100% and he looked REALLY good, but hip injuries, pulled hammy's, etc. plagued him his entire career at Dallas and turned him into just an OK running back with better than average speed. Bust!
TMACsDaMan
I thought Eric Bjornson was the Aikman pick?
jr15aggie
AG
Change of subject... what do you guys think about CB for next year? Carr & Mo will both be free agents. Do you want to try and get one of them back?

I'm personally done with Mo I think. Love the guy, but he can't stay on the field and there's nothing more to discuss.

Carr, on the other hand, has been Mr. Dependable in terms of health. He's also played much better this year after that they moved him back to the right CB spot (which was where he played before coming here and getting the big $). At 31 and having gotten paid already I'd like to see him end his career here for reasonable money. We should still pursue draft options, but with Scandrick, Carr, & Brown I'd feel pretty good about that going into the season.
Reginald Cousins
S
Reportedly Cowboys passed on Richardson due to price.
DannyDuberstein
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

I thought Eric Bjornson was the Aikman pick?
They picked up Bjornson in the 4th round about 2 years before Novacek was done. But once Novacek retired in '96, they were desperate to find a replacement. So they focused on Gonzalez and LaFleur, which included sending Aikman to throw passes and work them out. Aikman liked LaFleur and they ended up trading up a few picks to make sure they got him.
jr15aggie
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

I'm assuming you are talking about Sheldon Richardson? And by price I assume you mean asking price.

If so, then good for the Cowboys. D-line is a big need for them, but it has to be for the right price. No way I'm sacrificing a top draft pick for a guy the Jets are willing to part with. I know little about the guy, but my understanding is he's talented but his off the field stuff and/or locker room stuff makes the team question if he's worth it.

And before we go off saying he'd be worth the risk for a 6th or 7th rounder, we got Anthony Brown in the 6th round this year.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

Reginald Cousins said:

I'm assuming you are talking about Sheldon Richardson? And by price I assume you mean asking price.

If so, then good for the Cowboys. D-line is a big need for them, but it has to be for the right price. No way I'm sacrificing a top draft pick for a guy the Jets are willing to part with. I know little about the guy, but my understanding is he's talented but his off the field stuff and/or locker room stuff makes the team question if he's worth it.

And before we go off saying he'd be worth the risk for a 6th or 7th rounder, we got Anthony Brown in the 6th round this year.
Yeah, isn't Sheldon Richardson the guy who got arrested for going 120mph with a baby in the back seat?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Have you ever had a baby that hated to ride in a car seat? It's brutal. Our 2nd kid was that way, and I wanted to drive 120mph everywhere we went.
DannyDuberstein
AG
But I didn't!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.