*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,441 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

jr15aggie said:

Lol... Did you guys notice T Will after that long catch before halftime. Guy totally tried to cut inside before he finally went out of bounds. I can't imagine the grief of he hadn't.

Noticed the exact same.

Also, the "Zeke was the wrong pick" crowd has quieted down hasn't it?

We all had our opinion, mine just happened to be the right one. ;-)

But getting Dak was pure luck and right now these guys both get credit for helping make the other look really good
JAggie2007
AG
I never hated the Zeke pick, I knew he would do very well behind this O-Line. I still think Ramsey would have been the smarter pick since the defense was a bigger issue at the time of the draft. However, that doesn't mean I don't love what Zeke is doing so far in his first season and what he can do the next 4.5(with the 5th year option) years in Dallas.
PooDoo
AG
Still saying Ramsey was the smarter pick... ok.
corleoneAg99
AG
Still think Zeke was a bad pick and he's been great just like i said he would be.

I'll be here all season.

Great win at Lambeau. Turns out opponent adjusted defense matters because the GB run D was just bad and Cowboys OL kicked their ass.
Sea Gull
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Still think Zeke was a bad pick and he's been great just like i said he would be.

I'll be here all season.

Great win at Lambeau. Turns out opponent adjusted defense matters because the GB run D was just bad and Cowboys OL kicked their ass.

God bless.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Has there been any update on jaylen smith? Or is that 2nd round pick as bad as Gavin Escobar?
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Turns out opponent adjusted defense matters because the GB run D was just bad and Cowboys OL kicked their ass.

I agree their numbers were inflated, but their defensive front was tough. We were simply better, both in personnel and play calling. And Zeke, many times, took what should have been a 1-3 yard play and turned it into a big play.

Quote:

Has there been any update on jaylen smith? Or is that 2nd round pick as bad as Gavin Escobar?
None yet. His knee is fine but he has nerve damage and they are simply waiting. 2016 is out. They say he's on schedule and feel good about it, but until the nerve repairs itself there is still the very real possibility he never plays!
corleoneAg99
AG
Mike Daniels is tough. They're front was not outside of Peppers on passing downs.
PooDoo
AG
It's going to take a great defense to beat this offense if we aren't turning over the ball.

The Vikings will be tough.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

Turns out opponent adjusted defense matters because the GB run D was just bad and Cowboys OL kicked their ass.

I agree their numbers were inflated, but their defensive front was tough. We were simply better, both in personnel and play calling. And Zeke, many times, took what should have been a 1-3 yard play and turned it into a big play.

Quote:

None yet. His knee is fine but he has nerve damage and they are simply waiting. 2016 is out. They say he's on schedule and feel good about it, but until the nerve repairs itself there is still the very real possibility he never plays!

Jaylon has not been ruled out for 2016. I've read that his knee is to a point where he could play; they are simply waiting on that nerve to fire.

It is def a long shot for his to play this year, but it's not out of the question.
Ag Natural
AG
Mo Claiborne remembering how to play football has made the Zeke pick more than a home run. If you take Ramsey then you have three 1st rounders including 2 top 6 picks in the secondary.

It doesn't matter. Jason Garrett himself said yeah they had some bigger needs but they just couldn't pass on a guy who they think might be a HOFer. Its best player available and damn the torpedos. I like it.
Jimmy Conway
Last week there was a NFL writer on ESPN who said he'd been hearing very positive buzz the last 2 weeks on Smith. That the organization had taken a turn from "Probably wont play" to "Ok, he might actually seriously play this year". Possibly around week 14.
corleoneAg99
AG
PooDoo said:

It's going to take a great defense to beat this offense if we aren't turning over the ball.

The Vikings will be tough.

Agree! And even then, with Dak doing what's he's doing, they'll still move the ball. Very impressive offense and best right now along with NE. Maybe ATL?
jr15aggie
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

Last week there was a NFL writer on ESPN who said he'd been hearing very positive buzz the last 2 weeks on Smith. That the organization had taken a turn from "Probably wont play" to "Ok, he might actually seriously play this year". Possibly around week 14.
Dude, that would be awesome. I've heard this kind of stuff and it gets me excited... I just don't want to get my hopes up. The kid is going to be a huge leader for us and if he returns to form as a player then we got a VERY special LB to compliment Lee.
jr15aggie
AG
Props to Scott Linehan... the guys is a master at his craft right now. He is so dialed into the personnel on offense right now it's crazy. His use of Cole & Lucky has been nothing short of brilliant in keeping the defenses on their toes.

3rd and 1... the other teams know we can run it and there is little they can do to stop it... but just in case they want to sell out to try and stop us, we wanted to let you know that we are more than happy to turn our rookie QB loose and we'll throw it deep on 3rd and 1 too. Just give you a little something else to think about!
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Props to Scott Linehan... the guys is a master at his craft right now. He is so dialed into the personnel on offense right now it's crazy. His use of Cole & Lucky has been nothing short of brilliant in keeping the defenses on their toes.

3rd and 1... the other teams know we can run it and there is little they can do to stop it... but just in case they want to sell out to try and stop us, we wanted to let you know that we are more than happy to turn our rookie QB loose and we'll throw it deep on 3rd and 1 too. Just give you a little something else to think about!

He is OCing his ass off right.
Ag Natural
AG
It is strange to watch the Cowboys and think "damn they look organized"

The offense has been downright surgical.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Coordinators are dragging their balls across opposing teams right now. With that, Garrett is still an idiot as is Jerry.

We still play someone undisciplined football (Butler block in the back, two 12 men on the field penalties, illegal shifts) but the team is playing over their head and that's chemistry and having the right game plan.

I want to see how they perform against adversity vs. a really good team. The SF comeback was nice but SF sucks.
Macarthur
I would argue that they faced some adversity and a good team yesterday.

Dak had the fumble and INT. He bounced back well and the defense responded with some stops.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Linnehan is killing it right now.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

We still play someone undisciplined football (Butler block in the back, two 12 men on the field penalties, illegal shifts) but the team is playing over their head and that's chemistry and having the right game plan.We still play someone undisciplined football (Butler block in the back, two 12 men on the field penalties, illegal shifts) but the team is playing over their head and that's chemistry and having the right game plan.

Yep... every team makes stupid plays... great teams overcome them anyway!
jr15aggie
AG
Well, I figured out why GB is so hard to beat at home... Step one: Make the visiting team feel like some 2nd rate 2A high school team by sticking them in some low ceiling tiled florescent bulb POS locker room!!!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2016/10/17/jason-garrett-locker-room-speech-after-packers-win

They should be embarrassed... this is the 21st century and it's the NFL!
PooDoo
AG
It almost looks like a 60 year old stadium or something.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Stadium is actually really nice. I went on a tour this past august when I was in Wisconsin. They didn't show us the visiting team locker room but everything else is very modern and new.
PooDoo
AG
I've been to 2 games there. Nostalgic but lacked comfort features Texas Stadium had.
jr15aggie
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Stadium is actually really nice. I went on a tour this past august when I was in Wisconsin. They didn't show us the visiting team locker room but everything else is very modern and new.
Exactly... looks like they've done NOTHING to renovate the visitor locker room. 8' ceilings. Nasty drop in ceiling tile ceilings with barely working fluorescent lights. Only thing I couldn't see was the large rusted cow trough filled with ice that they were suppose to pee in!
tannerr0703
AG
Anyone else think they really opened up the game plan for Dak? Seems like they trusted him a lot more in critical situations. At least much more than the first game against the giants.

This could have been intentional to see how he responds which will help with the Dak/Romo deciding factors.
DannyDuberstein
AG
No question. The gameplan seems to be fully open as far as risk. Calling for some of those throws in what seemed to be running situations on Sunday made that very clear.

I think the coaching staff largely saw the light in the NYG game. I think they handcuffed last year's backups far too much and did some in the NYG game too, and finally started realizing (1) you can't win that way and (2) Dak can handle this.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

No question. The gameplan seems to be fully open as far as risk. Calling for some of those throws in what seemed to be running situations on Sunday made that very clear.

I think the coaching staff largely saw the light in the NYG game. I think they handcuffed last year's backups far too much and did some in the NYG game too, and finally started realizing (1) you can't win that way and (2) Dak can handle this.
Very good post.

In GB he made some difficult down field throws too. Stuff he wasn't allowed to do in preseason or the Giants game. I definitely think they are easing up his restrictions and letting him mature on the field.
jr15aggie
AG
On the same topic of play calling... I heard a discussion that Linehan has a much easier time calling plays and can control the game better with Dak because Dak isn't changing the call at the line of scrimmage!

I don't want to turn this into a Romo debate (we have another thread for that), but we've all discussed that in the past with Romo getting to the line, changing the entire play and barely snapping the ball before the play clock expires. Perhaps it's been another blessing in disguise that Linehan can now play his game of chess from the sideline.

Perhaps that's overthinking it too much and I don't know what I'm talking about... but it's hard not to wonder when so many times this year I've said out loud "Great Call!" compared to "What the heck was that Linehan!?" the past couple years.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dak still checks in and out of plays, but I would imagine he has a lot less leash than Romo was doing. And defenses are so sophisticated these days that I think sometimes offenses outsmart themselves at the LOS and get baited into certain predictable tendencies. I do think that has been an issue at times with Romo and Garrett.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Dak still checks in and out of plays, but I would imagine he has a lot less leash than Romo was doing. And defenses are so sophisticated these days that I think sometimes offenses outsmart themselves at the LOS and get baited into certain predictable tendencies. I do think that has been an issue at times with Romo and Garrett.
Yes, Dak has option at the line of scrimmage... they call in simple checks for QBs to make at the line (kill kill kill, etc.). But Romo had much more freedom than that. And you said it best, I think several times we changed it to our peril. So many times I've seen Romo do all this pointing and changing at the line and when the play is run it's complete garbage.

I like the games I see Linehan playing with the opposing defenses... he gets them off balance early and keeps it going. It's worked really great and if Romo gets in the last thing I want is to see Romo start calling his own plays!
jr15aggie
AG
David Irving named NFC Defensive player of the week... and he only played 19 snaps!

3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 1 batted ball, 4 tackles... in 19 snaps. Yep, that outta do it!
jr15aggie
AG
Big Ben out 4-6 weeks after what was suppose to be minor knee surgery. They found some extra "stuff" going on in there so it's a bit worse than they thought. We play them exactly 4 weeks from now so keep your fingers crossed.

Kinda how Romo's injury was 3-6 weeks initially, I can only hope there is no way Ben is ready to go when we come to town early November.
DannyDuberstein
AG
His brother Michael was a helluva WR. [/Frank Gifford]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.