*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,368 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can see Lee getting 50 reps next week. Garrett just doesn't rest guys it seems.
Grapesoda2525
I think it was a mistake to beat Detroit. That team is taking a nose dive. Losing to them would have given them a guaranteed playoff spot. Now we might have to worry about Cousins and the Skins coming to town in the second round. They can easily put up 40 points on most teams.
NukeAg10
AG
I think dak plays 2, maybe 3, series against Philly. Lee and tyron smith should play none. Zeke gets no more than 10 carries. Rest of o line needs to play, and rest any banged up d line starters.

Wilcox played great, and Claiborne should be back. Hopefully Anthony brown is back for the playoffs. With that said, marinelli is a badass.
Ag12thman
AG
Yep.
NukeAg10
AG
grapespda2525 said:

I think it was a mistake to beat Detroit. That team is taking a nose dive. Losing to them would have given them a guaranteed playoff spot. Now we might have to worry about Cousins and the Skins coming to town in the second round. They can easily put up 40 points on most teams.

And yet they haven't either time against the cowboys. Yes, the skins offense is good, but they've beaten them twice. Thanksgiving against the skins wasn't even a questionable win, at home.
NukeAg10
AG
Smith will be alright in two weeks. Collins might be back in two weeks, but that would be to replace Leary.
Ag Natural
AG
PatAg said:

Ag Natural said:

You all realize it's not possible to rest all starters o either side of the ball. Typically only 6 or 7 lineman are active on both sides of the ball.
I saw Jason Garrett's press conference too.

Well I never watch Garretts press conferences so you got me there. He never says anything anyway. Btw, apparently Bilichik also talked about how impossible it is to rest guys in the NFL.

Can one of you "rest them all" advocates name for me the last Super bowl champ to rest a significant number of guys late into the season?
Ag Natural
AG
NukeAg10 said:

grapespda2525 said:

And yet they haven't either time against the cowboys. Yes, the skins offense is good, but they've beaten them twice. Thanksgiving against the skins wasn't even a questionable win, at home.

I doubt the Cowboys are scares of anyone and want to win every game. If you really don't want to face the Skins just root the Giants next week.
NukeAg10
AG
I don't believe in "resting them all." With that said, players that are banged up, smith, Lee, dak and Zeke, should be no goes against Philly.

I don't believe the cowboys are scared against anyone except the Giants, despite a third shot. The boys can outscore teams like the skins, bc their rush defense is bad. Zeke can have 150+ rush yards against the skins, and he'll tell you the damn same.
Grapesoda2525
I wonder if the Giants will even try to win. I'm hoping Seattle will get the #3 seed. They will probably beat whoever they play in the first round because the game is up in Seattle.
Grapesoda2525
I think the Cowboys could beat NY at home. I think the cold / snowy weather helped the Giants in our last game more then it helped the Cowboys.
NukeAg10
AG
From Jerry's comments about playing romo, and possibly activating Sanchez next week, it sounds like he doesn't want romo to get hurt so he can have max trade value for him in the offseason. I'm honestly fine with that, I want Tony to go somewhere that he has a good chance to excel and finish his career (Denver is what I'm thinking).
Grapesoda2525
Denver better give us something really good in return. If tony is healthy, he could make them super bowl contenders.
TREX01
You were saying something about intelligent conversation?
PooDoo
AG
Haven't seen the 2nd half yet but I'm surprised they finally use a pass from Dez in a meaningless game.
Jason Ag
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Smith will be alright in two weeks. Collins might be back in two weeks, but that would be to replace Leary.

I saw they were deciding between activating Tapper or Collins, but we're leaning towards Collins. Collins is the right call since he is proven.
Jason Ag
AG
PooDoo said:

Haven't seen the 2nd half yet but I'm surprised they finally use a pass from Dez in a meaningless game.

I don't think they plan on using trick plays to win in the playoffs. If they do, I'm sure they have more than just that one. I could see a throw back to Dak. I think that was more of a "lets have some fun" moment. Kansas City did something similar.
BassCowboy33
NukeAg10 said:

Doubt they'll replace him this late in the year.
BassCowboy33
grapespda2525 said:

Denver better give us something really good in return. If tony is healthy, he could make them super bowl contenders.

You'd likely be looking at 2018 draft picks and maybe a mid/late round 2017 pick. It'd likely look something like a 2018-2, 4, 2017-3/4. There might also need to be a salary renegotiation. Whoever trades for him will be looking to spread the risk over two, maybe even three years. That way you can go all in without Robert Griffin'ing your franchise.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

At this point we are baffeling defenses. We are mixing up the play calling so well. Thought it was just another "you better watch out" statement.

And to the post above saying "it was a mistake to beat Detroit"... I disagree on so many levels. First, do you really think the guys on that team are OK losing for any reason? And second, you think any of the fans at the stadium paid good money to see them lose.
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie said:

PooDoo said:

At this point we are baffeling defenses. We are mixing up the play calling so well. Thought it was just another "you better watch out" statement.

And to the post above saying "it was a mistake to beat Detroit"... I disagree on so many levels. First, do you really think the guys on that team are OK losing for any reason? And second, you think any of the fans at the stadium paid good money to see them lose.

Exactly.

This ain't fantasy football. Losing on purpose is a bad move for real teams.
jr15aggie
AG
Y'all notice Zekes first TD celebration? He did all three starting WRs celebrations. Dez's X, Coles hot sauce, and the T Will strut.

Why... Because he can, that's why!
MooreTrucker
AG
oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

I don't think they plan on using trick plays to win in the playoffs. If they do, I'm sure they have more than just that one. I could see a throw back to Dak. I think that was more of a "lets have some fun" moment. Kansas City did something similar.
A "lets have some fun" and a "look, here's something else you need to worry about" moment for upcoming opponents.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great 2nd half.
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

A "lets have some fun" and a "look, here's something else you need to worry about" moment for upcoming opponents.

Exactly. I think sometimes people don't understand the game. The next time Dez comes around on the end around, the linebacker has to cover Witten until Dez crosses the line.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
you can't sit a bunch of guys due to roster /activation limitations but you can certainly control their reps for the day. someone like Sean Lee can dress and just stand their all game on the sideline for all i care. you can then use him only if your numbers get low and you absolutely have to. in the meantime, treat it as a learning experience for some of the younger guys.

as noted already i think Lee and Smith are the 2 guys most of us are concerned about. everyone else any reasonable fan here is going to expect to get a few snaps.

on a side note i know Gregory didn't do much last night but he did make a couple of plays. hopefully he can work his way up in production however according to Jerry last night he did make it sound like the league could any point in the playoffs determine he can no longer play.
Macarthur
NukeAg10 said:

I think dak plays 2, maybe 3, series against Philly. Lee and tyron smith should play none. Zeke gets no more than 10 carries. Rest of o line needs to play, and rest any banged up d line starters.

Wilcox played great, and Claiborne should be back. Hopefully Anthony brown is back for the playoffs. With that said, marinelli is a badass.

I tend to agree with this.

I hate to site Dak completely because that would make it almost 3 weeks between meaningful snaps because of the bye week. I think you give Dak 3 or 4 series then get him out.

I would like to sit zeke completely. He's had a lot of carries and could really benefit from the extra rest.

T Smith - sit
Lee - Sit
Crawford - sit. I think we saw in the first half how important Crawford is aginst the run. He does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet.
Brown - sit. clear up the head and get him and Mo ready for divisional round.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
you know whose been playing fairly well under the radar....

Brandon Carr.

he's not the absolute shut down beast many of us hoped he'd be , but he's playing better than he ever has in Dallas this year.

i'm actually ok with Dak playing into the 2nd half against Philly. i'd be really nervous about a youngen like him being away from the game for almost 3 weeks and then trying to play again at a high level in the playoffs.
jtstanley4621
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Leary has played very well this season. At this point in the year, at least to me, it wouldn't make much sense to mess with what we have up front.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
grapespda2525 said:

I think the Cowboys could beat NY at home. I think the cold / snowy weather helped the Giants in our last game more then it helped the Cowboys.
i know any reasonable person can argue back "why would you think you can comfortably beat a team whose beaten you two times before?" but for some reason i really just think Dallas would take the Giants down in a 3rd meet. the team i really wana avoid right now in that divisional round is GB. but things change week to week in the NFL so maybe they look like crap next week and there's a different team we are talking about.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

NukeAg10 said:

Leary has played very well this season. At this point in the year, at least to me, it wouldn't make much sense to mess with what we have up front.
don't see them makin that move either.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Joe Baker deserves a lot of credit. Our secondary has been so well coached all year. Carr is playing better, Claiborne played better, Jones is looking great, Scandrick looks good, Brown is playing well and our parade of JAGs at strong safety are holding their own. Just an obvious huge upgrade from a coaching standpoint.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Joe Baker deserves a lot of credit. Our secondary has been so well coached all year. Carr is playing better, Claiborne played better, Jones is looking great, Scandrick looks good, Brown is playing well and our parade of JAGs at strong safety are holding their own. Just an obvious huge upgrade from a coaching standpoint.
absolutely. good call.
jtstanley4621
AG
Is Claiborne expected back at any point this season? Just having fresh legs out there in the secondary could help everyone. Additionally, what about Crawford and Lawrence?
jteagle
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I've been thinking this for a while now. As Orlando mentioned, Carr is having his best season as a Cowboy. Mo was having his best season before injury. Wilcox doesn't see the field much but he made two big plays last night. Heath keeps showing up. The secondary came in with huge questions marks this season and has done well in spite of injuries to key players.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.