*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,283 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disagree. He earned his way to being a #3 pick. There is a value and structure that has been determined for that. He's earned it.

He's probably going to end up biting the bullet because losing a year in a short career like this is worth a lot. But I don't put this saga on him or his agent.

Edit - ignore the ghey emoticon. Misfire
TheCougarHunter
AG
Anyone know how to watch the whole game? Game starts at 10e but coverage doesn't start until 11e
BassCowboy33
quote:
Anyone know how to watch the whole game? Game starts at 10e but coverage doesn't start until 11e

Huh? Where are you? How is the actual coverage starting an hour after the start?
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
NFLN is reshowing the whole game if I'm not mistaken, starting at 10, then again at 1 or 2.
jr15aggie
AG
So apparently TMZ (who else) had a pic of Zeke at a pot shop (It's legal in Washington) sometime before the game. Report says he didn't buy anything but was there.

My guess is he just wanted to check it out, just like I would even though I've never done any sort of drug. But hopefully it's a lesson learned on being smarter cause the cameras are always on.
Sea Gull
AG
Can someone give me a recap of the game last night? How did Zeke and Dak look?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Can someone give me a recap of the game last night? How did Zeke and Dak look?
both looked very good.

Zeke looked like a man possessed on some runs.

Dak came back down to earth a bit from his previous performances but overall still looks like the best rookie QB easily right now. and a lot of his action came against Seattle's 1s so there's that.
Sea Gull
AG
Good to hear. I think this team is going to surprise a few people this year.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I do think the one thing thats keeping this team from being next level good is the front 4. They showed no sign of a pass rush last night and the only pressure Wilson saw was when Dallas brought extra guys. Dallas might be able to win a division like that but they cant win a super bowl like that.

(Thats not just an observation from last night but of the 3 games and knowing they dont have the personnel. They have GOT to find a legit pass rusher somehow via trade or something )
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm officially sold on Dak. On the road in Seattle is not an easy place to play even if it is preseason. No INTs and another TD pass. Good completion pct. Guy can play.
jr15aggie
AG
Recap:

Zeke: Everything last night was 100% as advertised. Blocking was superb, his burst was off the chart (turned what should have been a 2 yard sweep into a 9 yard first down), and he lowered the boom on Cam Chancellor twice. Going forward you will want him to protect himself a little more, but sometimes you gotta be physical and man was he physical!

Dak: More down to earth stats, but I'm almost more impressed with him now. Seattle played their starters through the 3rd quarter... we already started pulling our guys in the 2nd. 2 minute drill with Chaz Green at tackle, no Zeke, no Witten, and mostly 2nd/3rd string WR... Dak drives down the field and gets 3 points to tie the game at halftime. His pocket presence is unreal for a rookie. He steps up calmly when the DEs come off the edge... he stands there, confidently, and then fires. And I can tell you Seattle wasn't running vanilla defense either... they were blitzing and mixing up coverages all night. Had another deep bomb to T-Will that lol Baylor should have had. A little under thrown but should have been caught and probably scores. We can win games with this guy at QB right now!

O-line: Our starting 5 weren't together very long (Tyron only played around 3 series), but they looked really good. Last week against Williams & Suh and now against Seattle's front 7 & blitzes... they looked really good. We are going to destroy those teams with a suspect D-line.

D-line: The good news is that the 1st unit held up against the run extremely well. We had some guys missing, but you can't expect 100% health all year anyway. We had decent pressure at times, but Wilson is too mobile and it was a non factor for him. They will be adequate against average O-lines, but we'll have to get creative when we play against a good unit.

Fans: Yep, we are back too. The sunshine pumpers were already engaging the negative nancy's of the world. The sunshiners were trying to sing Zeke's praises after a very impressive showing and here come the "we should have drafted a DE" guys. Romo goes down and "season over" posts show up immediately. Not saying who's right or wrong... I'm just saying the fans are already in Mid-Season form! Awesome!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
They have GOT to find a legit pass rusher somehow via trade or something

Charles Haley circa 1992! Guy could play but was bat $#&! crazy and SF was tired of it. You know who didn't give a crap about how crazy he was? Jimmy Johnson, that's who!

Sounds like Michael Bennett to me! C'mon Seattle, you don't need him... hey... you wanna 3rd round draft pick!?!
Macarthur
quote:
I do think the one thing thats keeping this team from being next level good is the front 4. They showed no sign of a pass rush last night and the only pressure Wilson saw was when Dallas brought extra guys. Dallas might be able to win a division like that but they cant win a super bowl like that.

(Thats not just an observation from last night but of the 3 games and knowing they dont have the personnel. They have GOT to find a legit pass rusher somehow via trade or something )

You know, I'm not going to make the case that they were good, but I did think they got enough push, at times, to flush Wilson a couple of times. He's just so good and moving around, he kinda made them look silly, but he does that to a lot of teams.

I think there were a couple of times that a more stationary guy, like say Eli, the pressure could have caused a sack or cause him to rush a throw.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Siefert and Policy both later said trading Haley to a fellow conference upper echelon team was the biggest mistake of their era. Dont see the hawks repeating that.

Best case is some team starts the season really poorly and needs picks. They decide to deal a veteran DL because they dont expect to be any good the rest of the season anyway.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
JR

Good point on Dak being minus his 1s but going against Seattles 1s.

I think one thing at play w Romo now is he sees this guy behind him getting all the buzz. He might be of the mindset to let whatever happen to his body at this point to win a title. Can you imagine the historical grief Romo is gona take if in 16 Dak replaces an injured Romo and leads em to a title?
BMX Bandit
quote:
Siefert and Policy both later said trading Haley to a fellow conference upper echelon team was the biggest mistake of their era. Dont see the hawks repeating that.

Best case is some team starts the season really poorly and needs picks. They decide to deal a veteran DL because they dont expect to be any good the rest of the season anyway.

Do you think they view the Cowboys as an upper echelon team?
Ag Natural
AG
Starters looked good and the second stringers looked horrible. The backup linebackers looked like walkons. CMike was making simple cuts and ripping them apart in the 3rd quarter.

This team has a prayer because the running game should be dominant. I know the coaches are excited about some of the young dlineman but sheesh they look overmatched at times.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
quote:

Do you think they view the Cowboys as an upper echelon team?

i don't believe it would be wise of Seattle (if they WERE shopping Bennett) to choose Dallas as a potential trade partner. Dallas is just good enough right now imho where an impact pass rusher like that could make them a very dangerous conference foe.
Ag Natural
AG
I would be shocked if Seattle traded Bennet.

It was interesting that New England just picked up Mingo from Cleveland for a 5th rounder. I haven't been paying attention to Cleveland enough to decide if that's a good trade or not.
JAggie2007
AG
Watchlisting.
Btron
AG
Zeke seen in a pot store in Seattle.
Redflag or just taking in some of the sites of Seattle...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/26/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-pot-store-visit
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/26/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-ezekiel-elliott-pot-store-visit
i choose to believe taking in the sites.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Yeah, I posted this earlier. Looks like he didn't buy anything.... probably just checking it out cause, hey, it's not like you see a legal pot store every day. I probably would have checked it out too and I've never touched any sort of illegal drug ever.

But considering it's a banned NFL substance he'll need to think a little harder next time. There are some things that may be harmless fun to most, but when you make millions you have to take the professional approach.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

You know, I'm not going to make the case that they were good, but I did think they got enough push, at times, to flush Wilson a couple of times. He's just so good and moving around, he kinda made them look silly, but he does that to a lot of teams.

I think there were a couple of times that a more stationary guy, like say Eli, the pressure could have caused a sack or cause him to rush a throw.

I'm going to agree with Mac on this one. They got push at times, but Wilson just laughed and got away. They aren't horrible, but you'd definitely like the consistency of the push to improve.

I still say stopping the run is a bigger priority right now and they did that well last night with the 1st unit. Rod can generate pass rush with his schemes, but we are boned if we can't stop the run and have to keep our LBs & Safeties close to help run support.
PooDoo
AG
We know the pass rush isn't going to be great but there are just a handful of teams that have a front 7 that could handle Wilson anyways.

I'm thinking this division is going to come down to the Cowboys and Indians.
PooDoo
AG
Andy Reid on the state of OLine & young QB development
TyHolden
AG
Romo will make 5-6 games tops. his career is over. That was a minor hit to an old qb. If dak and the oline stay healthy, maybe 8-9 wins. Probably enough to win the east and get their asses handed to them in the wild card. Yippee kiyay. If summy doesn't go 8-5, I say give him to jerrah. He'll make a great nfl coach.
jr15aggie
AG
It wasn't a minor hit to Romo... It was a very awkward landing. The guy is definitely at the tail end and another injury seems inevitable, but it's not like he's made of glass.
jr15aggie
AG
The Andy Reid interview was good, thanks for posting. And the host was correct, us Cowboy fans love hearing the positive vibe on Dak. Andy saying that Fletcher Cox told him a few years ago to keep an eye on his QB (Cox was a Miss St. guy). Good stuff.
Silvertaps
AG
News is Romo broke a bone in his back...and team is in full spin saying he's not ruled out of season opener.
Dude needs to hang'em up.
FW Declerk
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Romo might be done.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
News is Romo broke a bone in his back...and team is in full spin saying he's not ruled out of season opener.
Dude needs to hang'em up.

Your username might be appropriate for Romos career.
BMX Bandit
Dak rookie of the year!!
Ag Natural
AG
On NFL Network David Carr said he had the exact play happen to him and it cracked his vertebrae. He was only out 3 weeks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.