*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,356 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's clearly very fragile. I think Cowboys need to be done with him whether he's done or not.
Sea Gull
AG
And there goes my season
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
Romo might be done.

2 to 3 weeks
PatAg
AG
Ill believe that **** when i see it
BassCowboy33
Saying a timetable of six to ten weeks. Likely out until after the bye week at very best.
corleoneAg99
AG
Bad decisions have consequences, Jerry. But yeah...the stayedjum and The Star.

Feel awful for Romo.
jr15aggie
AG
Holy cow... Wow!

Well, I said during the Seattle game this team could make the playoffs with Dak as the QB. I guess we are gonna find out.

The real bummer about this is Dak gets thrown into the fire. I would have preferred he sit back, learn, and wait his turn.

As for Romo... One of my favorite Cowboys of all time. Such a great guy and he can literally do whatever he wants after football. Regardless of the "timeframe" of this injury he should seriously consider never suiting up again. Go on PUP all year so he can stay with the team and help teach Dak, but don't even consider playing. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
quote:
Romo might be done.

2 to 3 weeks

The organization seems to be sunshine pumping it right now.

Garret is already on record with a "we haven't ruled him out for game one" statement.

Ag12thman
AG
Zero percent chance they can play him in game 1. Do it and risk further injury. Bright move Garrett.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
so what happens if Romo misses 6 weeks and when he's ready to come back the Cowboys are 5-1 or 6-0?

can you imagine the vitriol so many Cowboys fans are going to direct to him when the discussion comes up of starting him again. may not play well in the locker room either.
CrazyAgE
I'm reading he's out 6-10 weeks. Won't come back until mid-season at earliest
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Zero percent chance they can play him in game 1. Do it and risk further injury. Bright move Garrett.
i agree...but ya they seem to be living in la la land.
ag_hoop
PooDoo
AG
Sit Dak, play Showers, draft Myles!
TyHolden
AG
anybody see the resemblance to the year bledsoe went down and brady took over??? yes, i think it is exactly the same!!! i think we win it all this year. dak looks better than most veteran qbs right now. heck, i'd say he looks much better than brady did in his first preseason.

hand me another glass....
jr15aggie
AG
What's crazy is Romo got hurt last year and I barely even paid attention to the rest of the season. Right now I'm barely even phased. Why? Because I'm just as impressed with Dak as I was with Russel Wilson as a Rookie.

Who knows what Dak does in his career, but right now it appears he is ready. There isn't an offense in the league built as good as this one that can support a Rookie. Dak has much to learn, but if Romo really is out 6+ weeks (or is done forever), I gotta say I'm still excited as hell to see Dak take over.
jr15aggie
AG
What's ironic is I thought Zeke had a better than 50% chance to get rookie of the year. But now, he it's gonna have a real fight with his QB.

I'm sorry Dak... I had zero confidence in you after the draft. I see now that the Miss St. success was 90% you.
Ag12thman
AG
For sure.
corleoneAg99
AG
Took less than a page for " yeah but Dak...because Russ."

Just give em a tap?
Ag12thman
AG
quote:
so what happens if Romo misses 6 weeks and when he's ready to come back the Cowboys are 5-1 or 6-0?

can you imagine the vitriol so many Cowboys fans are going to direct to him when the discussion comes up of starting him again. may not play well in the locker room either.

Yep, it could divide the locker room and then the season will go downhill fast, if they can even get to 5-1 or 6-0 to begin with. I'm of the opinion that things are gonna be a lot tougher for Prescott in regular season games that mean something. Lot more pressure. He has a ton of potential, but we all know how tough this league is and the success rate for rookies is not good. We shall see, I guess. Sad about Romo and it might need to be the end for him if he wants a healthy remainder of his life.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Just give em a tap?

Hey, each guy is gonna have his own tests and journey... Who knows what the future holds for Dak. But a few years ago Seattle paid Matt Flynn a lot of money but instead handed the keys to a Rookie. It wasn't expected, but it happened.

Dak wasn't expected to be much either, but you can't deny what has happened here as well. You can't expect him to turn into Russel Wilson, but you also can't deny what he's put on film.

We all knew the season was over the minute Romo went down last year. It was a fact. But don't hate the optimism when we have a legitimate reason for hope.
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:

Just give em a tap?

Hey, each guy is gonna have his own tests and journey... Who knows what the future holds for Dak. But a few years ago Seattle paid Matt Flynn a lot of money but instead handed the keys to a Rookie. It wasn't expected, but it happened.

Dak wasn't expected to be much either, but you can't deny what has happened here as well. You can't expect him to turn into Russel Wilson, but you also can't deny what he's put on film.

We all knew the season was over the minute Romo went down last year. It was a fact. But don't hate the optimism when we have a legitimate reason for hope.

Russell Wilson also had a top 2 defense that year. He made some plays but really just managed the game and handed off to Marshawn

Dak will need help from his defense, not sure how that's going to happen. He has been impressive so far though
Ag12thman
AG
Zero pass rush is gonna be a killer.
annie88
AG
quote:
He's clearly very fragile. I think Cowboys need to be done with him whether he's done or not.
rangerdanger
AG
For Dak, obviously the tools are there with all of the success he had against vanilla defenses in the preseason. Going to hold judgement until he is schemed against.

Looks like Garret bought in another excuse to limp along for one more season at the very least.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Is Jeff Bannister available to coach the Cowboys? He may not know much about football but he seems to be able to get as much out of his guys as one can possibly get.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just give em a tap?

Russell Wilson also had a top 2 defense that year. He made some plays but really just managed the game and handed off to Marshawn

Dak will need help from his defense, not sure how that's going to happen. He has been impressive so far though

Completely agree, but we aren't really debating if the team will be as good as the Seahawks back then. They aren't as of right now. But we have every reason to be optimistic that Dak can lead this team to be as good as they can be.

Who knows if Dak will succeed or fail, but he has earned the right to try.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Zero pass rush is gonna be a killer.
some fans are in denial over this.

it might get masked here and there during the season, but ultimately we will look back on the season and say "we need to get a serious pass rusher this offseason".

i have little doubt on that.
Ag12thman
AG
Amen brother. I wanted one with the first pick in the past draft. Elliott is great and will be great, but they had two backs that could get it done already, plus Dunbar. Far bigger need was defense and specially a pass rusher. Some people say Elliott was the best player available at the time and I get that. But, that decision also did little to help this current team correct it's biggest deficiency. Just my two cents.
Reginald Cousins
S
Will you guys still be talking about shoulda taken a pass rusher in 2016? Y'all sound like the pretty girl said she's just not into you. It's getting redundant and tired.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Will you guys still be talking about shoulda taken a pass rusher in 2016? Y'all sound like the pretty girl said she's just not into you. It's getting redundant and tired.

Agreed! And on the flip side we'll keep making the argument "name the can't miss pass rusher we should have drafted at number 4".

Besides, we had a couple guys targeted at DE in the 2nd round but they got drafted right in front of us.

And now that Romo is out I'd argue Zeke is the best thing we could have done for this team and our green rookie QB.
PooDoo
AG
Lay it out there.... Who is this great pass rusher you guys wanted to draft?

Because I thought the gap between Bosa and the next guy was pretty big.
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:

Jerrys kind of fan.
corleoneAg99
AG
quote:
Lay it out there.... Who is this great pass rusher you guys wanted to draft?

Because I thought the gap between Bosa and the next guy was pretty big.

Do I get to pick from the Gregory and Lawrence drafts as well?

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
any word on how Noah Spence is doing?

as stated in other threads my whole thing was fine you are in love with Elliot take Elliot...but at least in that 2nd get a defender that will contribute this year. Jaylon Smith doing so is a long shot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.