*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,334 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure yet on Lawrence, but he's saying he will be ready for Monday.

I'm really interested in seeing this on passing downs
Gregory
Lawrence
Crawford
Irving

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
They are getting MRIs on Mayowa and Durant. Not sure what the issues there are but BOTH guys have been playing well recently. Mayowa especially has been really starting to come on the last few games. I thought I saw Durant out there at the end of the game but not sure. And I think I saw Mayowa clutched his arm on that last tackle he made (hoping its not a bicep tear or something bad like that).

Hoping we can add Lawrence, Claiborne, and Gregory now down the stretch to up and comers Irving , McLain,Wilson, and Mayowa. Add to that Sean Lee is is playing like a total menace right now and this D might be able to deliver in the playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
What's the update on Claiborne? I thought they said earlier he would be ready for the playoffs at least
Bullmoose
AG
Ken Norton Jr detached his bicep and keep playing in a game, 0 ****s were given.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
grapespda2525 said:

What's the update on Claiborne? I thought they said earlier he would be ready for the playoffs at least
sounds like they do indeed plan to have him ready for the playoffs. that first playoff game is still 3-4 weeks away so hopefully thats enough time.
BowSowy
AG
Throw Crawford's name into that mix that is getting an MRI this week.
jr15aggie
AG
ROFL: "My favorite is the one that goes... "every little thing she does is magic"

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Wow Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl
Olsen
AG
phatpat21
Just came here to post that. How in the world is he not in the Pro Bowl? That's pathetic
DannyDuberstein
AG
Makes no sense. He should dang near be in the defensive player of the year conversation.
PooDoo
AG
Does that mean Tyron Smith doesn't have a twitter account? Makes me like him even more.
Sea Gull
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Wow Sean Lee snubbed from Pro Bowl

****ing bull***** Leagues best linebacker.
jr15aggie
AG
The Cowboys first super bowl team in the 90s also didn't have a single guy in the pro bowl (on defense)... Coincidence!?
Mozart Paintings
AG
jr15aggie said:

The Cowboys first super bowl team in the 90s also didn't have a single guy in the pro bowl... Coincidence!?

With what. The several cowboys on this year's pro bowl?
jr15aggie
AG
Forgot to add "on defense"... they definitely had guys on offense in the pro bowl. Their defense was completely snubbed in 92. But what was interesting is that by seasons end they were the #1 defense in the NFL and they had a relentless pass rush that came from multiple guys.

I can see why this years defense got overlooked, but Sean Lee has had a MONSTER year. No idea how he didn't get in.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Forgot to add "on defense"... they definitely had guys on offense in the pro bowl. Their defense was completely snubbed in 92. But what was interesting is that by seasons end they were the #1 defense in the NFL and they had a relentless pass rush that came from multiple guys.

I can see why this years defense got overlooked, but Sean Lee has had a MONSTER year. No idea how he didn't get in.

YOu can bet Marinelli is going to use this
Grapesoda2525
Anyone going to watch the Eagles vs Giants game on Thursday? Should be close. The Giants don't really blow teams out, but philly is sputtering.
jr15aggie
AG
grapespda2525 said:

Anyone going to watch the Eagles vs Giants game on Thursday? Should be close. The Giants don't really blow teams out, but philly is sputtering.
I'll definitely catch part of the game. Their first meeting was a close one that, if I recall, the Eagles sorta blew it.

Both teams have gone in completely different directions since that last match up. I'd love to see the Eagles pull out a win... helps us, hurts the Giants, and every win will ensure the Eagles draft position gets worse!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
grapespda2525 said:

Definitely watching. Not gona watch the whole game if it looks like one team is blowing the other out but Im really hoping its a good night for Dallas and we can take some precautions going forward.
jr15aggie
AG

grapespda2525 said:

Definitely watching. Not gona watch the whole game if it looks like one team is blowing the other out but Im really hoping its a good night for Dallas and we can take some precautions going forward.

Yep. But I think it's all over after this week anyway. I know you have your reasons for thinking Detroit is a match up problem for Dallas, but I really think we can blow them out.

Tampa's D, which was red hot, had no answer for Dallas the entire game. I think we are done shooting ourselves in the foot.

On the other side, our D is just playing really well. We still look at them and fear that they just can't get it done, but the reality is that they have indeed got it done all year long.
Grapesoda2525
I hope we get NFC north winner at home in the first round. Either Lions or Packers. Falcons offense is scary and don't want an NFC east team
TyHolden
AG
We don't want Seattle or NY until final game...
Gigem Trevas
DSAg44 said:

We don't want Seattle or NY until final game...

Seattle at home doesn't scare me. They average under 15 a game on offense on the road.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
to be clear if our D plays like it has the last 2 games, then I don't think Detroit is as much a match up problem for us as I previously thought. when we weren't getting any pass rush I thought they could put up a lot of points on us. but 10 sacks in 3 games is solid.
NukeAg10
AG
Seattle or NY, but esp Seattle, doesn't worry me in Arlington.

If the defense stays the way it has, and with Gregory and/or Lawrence coming back, I'm not as worried as before either.

The cowboys have picked up in ways I didn't expect throughout the season, and have picked up questions I didn't expect to either.

The NFL has no dominant team right now, I feel pretty good about the boys chances if the defense continues to improve and the offense cuts down on the stupid ass penalties.
Mozart Paintings
AG
does Gregory have a single professional sack in his career?

How do we expect anything at all from him?
Pignorant
AG
Fly Eagles Fly!
jtstanley4621
AG
Unfortunately I think the Giants for sure beat the Eagles. I hope I'm wrong and I'll happily eat crow, but I just think their defense is gonna shut down the Eagles offense. Eli Manning will derp his way into throwing a slant to Beckham that goes 98 yards for a TD.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I drove bus said:

does Gregory have a single professional sack in his career?

How do we expect anything at all from him?
no, he doesn't and i think its entirely reasonable to have zero expectations of him. if he does do anything, then it'll just be a bonus. i think someone reported he's actually very very light right now weight wise so ya, zero expectations should probably be the way to go.
BassCowboy33

to be clear if our D plays like it has the last 2 games, then I don't think Detroit is as much a match up problem for us as I previously thought. when we weren't getting any pass rush I thought they could put up a lot of points on us. but 10 sacks in 3 games is solid.

I think that Detroit is an ideal matchup for Dallas.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm guessing Mayowa and Durant are not serious. Both were apparently at practice today (not practicing, but there).
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Clarence Hill tweeted earlier "Randy Gregory looked very good in practice today".

So I'll just go ahead and let everyone's hopes and imaginations on this subject run wild.
Pignorant
AG
Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!
jteagle
AG
Eagles looking good so far! Hoping Eli keeps making bad decisions like that last one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.