*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,411 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAggie2011 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

To be fair to Dez, spending money to watch kangaroos box might be the most productive thing he's ever done with his money.

So true. So true.

Right now, would you exchange portfolios with him? Antonio Cromartie?
PooDoo
AG
Right now? How many kids does Dez have?
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

Right now? How many kids does Dez have?

That he knows about?
DannyDuberstein
AG
They've paid Dez $32 million over the past 14 months, so right now, yeah, I'd probably take the chance of exchanging portfolios in hopes he hasn't blown too much of it just yet. But the window of my willingness to do that will be closing sooner vs. later.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
wow this thread has detoured in a big way...
Rudyjax
AG
Language

https://www.facebook.com/officialthekicker/videos/736454439853745/
jr15aggie
AG
Browns named Cody Kessler (rookie) starting QB this weekend.

I'm fine with that!
corleoneAg99
AG
CLE is 30th in defensive DVOA. If they Cowboys don't crockpot them to death it's because they didn't mentally show up.

Also would like to see Danny Shelton vs. the Cowboys interior to see where he is after being a high draft pick a couple years ago.

Cowboys should cover easily given what we've seen so far.
jr15aggie
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

CLE is 30th in defensive DVOA. If they Cowboys don't crockpot them to death it's because they didn't mentally show up.

Also would like to see Danny Shelton vs. the Cowboys interior to see where he is after being a high draft pick a couple years ago.

Cowboys should cover easily given what we've seen so far.

Well, the saying is the longer the loosing streak the closer you are to victory. Cleveland will win at some point. But Dallas is built from the ground up by this O-line... to which we added who is currently the best and most dynamic RB in the entire NFL.

The Cowboys need to go in there, chew up the clock by running the ball, and give Cleveland very few chances on offense to put up points. Cowboys should score 28-35 and be done with it. Sounds simple enough!
ChoppinDs40
AG
We better see a decent dose of Alfred Morris and Darius Jackson.
jr15aggie
AG
Really ESPN! This is front page worthy!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17975031/accuser-alleges-february-incident-involving-dallas-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott

Some crazy "you know what" keeps bringing up crap and ESPN can't help themselves. At least the story self admits "no witnesses, no signs of any physical harm, nothing to see here, etc"... but ESPN won't go so far as to say "we know there is nothing here, but stories about Cowboys get clicks!"
jr15aggie
AG
My only hope is that Dak was really jazzed by his team kicking our ass!!!! Friggin Aggies doing what Aggies do... let's go Dak, give me something to smile about. Beat the ever living crap out of the Browns and let's do this Cowboys!!!!!
jtstanley4621
AG
I would have traded a loss to the browns for a win against effing MSU
PatAg
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I wouldn't. This aggie team isn't capable of playing like a #4 team for long enough to have made it through the rest of the schedule undefeated. Cowboys team is capable of super bowl.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Even though I've been a Cowboy fan since birth, I'm not actually a Cowboy. I am an Aggie, and I'd trade pretty much any Cowboy W for an Aggie W.
Ag Natural
AG
I've been a Cowboy fan longer than I've been an Aggie. But yeah, I'd make that trade because the Cowboys could still make the playoffs with a loss to a bad team.
JAggie2007
AG
PatAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

I wouldn't. This aggie team isn't capable of playing like a #4 team for long enough to have made it through the rest of the schedule undefeated. Cowboys team is capable of super bowl.
Then you're a bad Ag, because even the best NFL teams usually lose 3-4 games a year, and even if its a loss against the worst team in the league it doesn't really do much to affect playoff seeding as the Browns are an AFC team.
bonfarr
AG
If the Cowboys lose tomorrow I may as well keep drinking through Tuesday night when Hillary becomes the next POTUS. My dog won't come out from under the bed until next weekend.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Then you're a bad Ag, because even the best NFL teams usually lose 3-4 games a year, and even if its a loss against the worst team in the league it doesn't really do much to affect playoff seeding as the Browns are an AFC team.
I don't agree. For me it varies year to year. Last year, yeah, I'd trade Cowboy losses gladly. But this year, I've been much more hyped for the Cowboys. I always felt like our Aggies were #4 pretenders (too many sloppy wins). We are a good team, at times a really good team, but we aren't top 5 and possibly not top 10 at years end. The Cowboys are having a special year though.

Of course I'm always rooting hard for both teams and this year has been great, but I don't see anything wrong with being more excited for 1 team over another.
jr15aggie
AG
Eagles vs. Giants today! Assuming the Cowboys take care of business one of them will be 3 games back from Dallas's lead in the East. Any preference on who wins?

I'm personally rooting for the Eagles I think. They have a really tough schedule remaining and they are definitely going to be losing more games. The Giants, on the other hand, have a relatively easy final 8 games so I think I'd like to get a 3 game cushion on those guys.

But if the Giants should win the Eagles are all but out of it at mid-season. They will be 3 games back and be 0-3 in the division. They would just about have to win every game the rest of the season to have a chance at catching up.
gougler08
AG
You lost to the Giants so I'd definitely root for the Eagles
BassCowboy33
Right now, stats say you want the Eagles. At the same time, on field product suggests the Eagles are more likely to make a run, thus you'd like them to rack up as many losses as possible.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think the Eagles are the better team and have longer sustainability. Id prefer the Giants win that game. I dont want that last game of the year IN Philly to mean a damn thing for Dallas. It should be a meaningless game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree. I think Philly is simply the better team, and I think they'll improve as Wentz gains experience. So to me, this isn't about how the standings look now. i'd just like to see what I think is the better team and biggest threat lose.
PatAg
AG
JAggie2007 said:

PatAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

k
bonfarr
AG
Will Mo Claiborne be back for the Vikings game? I read 3 or 4 weeks for his groin injury and 4-6 for Church.
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

bonfarr said:

What difference maker do you keep expecting to materialize? Noone wants to give those away and if they do you have to give up more than they are worth and you don't know how it will work out.
Ummm...

LMFAO, what did you tjink of Jamie Collins' performance for the Browns today. Some great coverage on Witten there, right? Be glad the Cowboys weren't dumb enough to give a 3rd Rd pick for that schlub.
Rudyjax
AG
I have never seen 3 wide open players like that before in the same game.

Browns are one of the worst teams I have ever seen.
BassCowboy33
bonfarr said:

Will Mo Claiborne be back for the Vikings game? I read 3 or 4 weeks for his groin injury and 4-6 for Church.

I read 4-6 for Claiborne as well. SH is one of those things that you can't push through. It needs to be 100% or you risk serious issues.
Confucius
Vegas likes the Steelers by a FG at home next week. Kind of surprised...Ben is still knicked up and the offense struggled mightily against Baltimore until the 4th quarter.
PooDoo
AG
Yes, it's always best to judge a player the 1st week in a new system on a new team instead of the previous 3 seasons of pro bowl quality play.

PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Yes, it's always best to judge a player the 1st week in a new system on a new team instead of the previous 3 seasons of pro bowl quality play.

What was given up to get the player
PooDoo
AG
A conditional 3rd or 4th... depending on what the Brown get in compensation if he signs elsewhere as a F/A.
Sea Gull
AG
So after this weekend, our only football salvation lies in the Cowboys. That's never a good thing.
jr15aggie
AG
After Week 9:

Cowboys 7-1

NFC East lead is 2 games over everybody.

NFC top seed lead is 1.5 games (will be 2 full games if Seattle loses tonight)

Zeke is #1 rusher. The closest RBs are DeMarco (84 yards back) and Gordon (123 yards back), but get this, both those guys have played 1 more game than Zeke because they haven't had a bye week yet!

Dak Prescott is #4 in QB rating & yards per attempt

Dallas Offense is #3 (411.5 yards/game) #4 in scoring (27.9) & #1 rush yards/game (165.3).

Dallas has a top 10 defense (yards/game) and are #4 at 17.5 points/game.

Did you know: Philly is now 3 games back and 0-3 in the division. Unless they practically play perfect football the rest of the way they are pretty much a non factor in the race for the NFC East.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.