*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,387 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Daveintx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gregory suspension at 14 games now.............

Gregory checked himself into a treatment center this summer intending to complete the program before the Cowboys reported to training camp on July 28, sources said. But a source said that Gregory left the facility for a weekend and missed a scheduled test.

Cut bait and move on
Ag12thman
AG
Anyone see the report where Dez has been labeled as "overwhelmingly irresponsible" with attending meetings. The report says this has been an ongoing problem for years.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Fix this **** , Rich.
GetThoseKeysMilo
Gregory was definitely a high risk/high reward guy coming out of college and the Cowboys have just caught the wrong end of the gamble so far. The guy has talent, it was worth a shot.

PooDoo
AG
High being the common denominator.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
At some point you have to start blaming the culture of the organization. Dez probably just got a "its ok big guy...no worries" clap from Garrett
corleoneAg99
AG
Culture starts with Jerry.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gregory was a sure loser. His rep headed toward the draft was that he couldn't go 5 minutes without smoking out. Drafting him was not a gamble. It was just dumb. Gambles have a chance at winning.
Agnzona
These chronic dope smoking fools that are throwing away tens of millions of dollars is unfathomable.
BassCowboy33
quote:
At some point you have to start blaming the culture of the organization. Dez probably just got a "its ok big guy...no worries" clap from Garrett

I don't think this is the case at all. You could hear Garrett's seething anger in that press conference. At the same time, Garrett isn't Charlie Strong. He's not going to throw individuals under the bus in public. But you can be damn sure that there was some screaming and gnashing of teeth over this.

Edit: Let me emphasize that I don't think this is the case for Garrett. Jerry might be a different story.
Agnzona
Happens to a lot of teams. Look at Groden with the Browns and the TCU linebacker with the Cards. He has been out so long I forgot his name....
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

Gregory was a sure loser. His rep headed toward the draft was that he couldn't go 5 minutes without smoking out. Drafting him was not a gamble. It was just dumb. Gambles have a chance at winning.

I agree that he has a problem, but I think there's a much bigger picture that we all need to address.

It was my understanding that Gregory has some mental health issues and, in the past, used the pot to help with that.

http://cfbhuddle.com/2015/05/04/randy-gregory-and-the-lingering-stigma-of-mental-health/

I find it the height of hypocricy that the NFL will take such hard stances on pot while having no issue at all, at least publicly, with guys getting hooked on doctor prescribed narcotics. It's been well documented that many players have used pot to manage pain, which I think most would agree is a better option than pain pills.
jr15aggie
AG
This is the part where I check out. We are 2-1 and the future is so much brighter than it was last year and yet here comes the Gregory news, and now the media is all hyped cause Dez FINALLY did something stupid again that they can write about. Not to mention the injuries are piling up.

I just want to see some good football and I still expect that from this team this weekend.

The only negative thing I'll comment on is Gregory. I wish him well personally and all that, but from a 100% business perspective Jerry was a fool to waste a 2nd round pick on this guy. Just a very bad business decision.
jtstanley4621
AG
Especially with this Gregory news, Myles Garrett would be the perfect player for us in so many different ways. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have the record needed to get him straight up. I would also 100 percent be okay with a Claiborne-type trade to go up and get him. Don't think it's going to happen though.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree with you about pain management. I don't think the NFL should even test for marijuana. And if these guys can find a way to manage their pain with weed vs. popping vicodin like candy, then more power to them.

Sea Gull
AG
Really crappy news. The Cowboys needed his pass rush...
DannyDuberstein
AG
He wasn't providing much of one when he wasn't suspended.
Macarthur
nm
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He wasn't providing much of one when he wasn't suspended.
That's because his ankle was jacked up all year. So many people, and not just the sunshine pumpers, say he is an incredibly gifted and natural pass rusher. They say when he was on the field (before the injury and this past offseason) he made everybody else look like minor league pass rushers.

Not sure about an all around player vs. the run, etc. but I'm bought into him as a "hey, idiot, just get the QB OK!" type player. It sucks that's exactly what we need right now on 3rd down!!!!
PatAg
AG
I remember him gettin pressure before the early injury. Small sample size
jr15aggie
AG
Today is the last day we play without our best DE. Here's to his health and playing angry this season. We're gonna need him to be a baller!
Ryan34
AG
That's gonna hurt Ramsey's numbers.
corleoneAg99
AG
Ryan34 said:

Good call. He's not that good.
Ryan34
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Ryan34 said:

That's not what I said.
PooDoo
AG
Yeah, that's only the 3rd TD he's given up in 4 weeks... but there's an article on the internet calling him the next shutdown corner so that doesn't matter. Lol.
corleoneAg99
AG
Ryan34 said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Ryan34 said:

That's not what I said.

I know.
corleoneAg99
AG
PooDoo said:

Yeah, that's only the 3rd TD he's given up in 4 weeks... but there's an article on the internet calling him the next shutdown corner so that doesn't matter. Lol.

Exactly. He's terrible. More Jerry!
Ryan34
AG
PooDoo said:

He very well could be. Rookie CBs don't generally have a whole lot of success. He certainly looks the part.
PooDoo
AG
He's a fine CB/FS/SS... just not a big enough playmaker for the #4 pick.

We needed a pass rusher not a CB with microfracture that can't catch INTs.
corleoneAg99
AG
No doubt. You and Jerry clearly know how to build a roster.
PooDoo
AG
Better than you. Just keep regurgitating Bob Sturm & you'll go far.
corleoneAg99
AG
PooDoo said:

Better than you. Just keep regurgitating Bob Sturm & you'll go far.

Well I guess it beats regurgitating Jerry. I'll take it!
PooDoo
AG
Did Jerry steal your girlfriend?
corleoneAg99
AG
I just have to say tho...Ryan stopping in for some solid trolling while his Texans are on was well played.

Not that I blame him.
corleoneAg99
AG
PooDoo said:

Did Jerry steal your girlfriend?

Not at all. He's been great. Just look at the stadium.

And The Star.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.