*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,428 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CSWendt said:

You're assuming a player stays healthy all season and continues to produce late in the year at the same level. BIG IF. I'll take the known over the unknown. Extrapolate all you want, but I too watched every game that season and saw how dominate Murray and that run game was. Zeke is a heck of a player. I just feel what Murray brought in the pass game made the weapons Romo have elite.
Zeke has about 50 fewer receiving yards than DeMarco did that season, with 25 fewer receptions. It's not like Zeke is some slouch at receiving the ball either.
Reginald Cousins
S
RossK10 said:

CSWendt said:

You're assuming a player stays healthy all season and continues to produce late in the year at the same level. BIG IF. I'll take the known over the unknown. Extrapolate all you want, but I too watched every game that season and saw how dominate Murray and that run game was. Zeke is a heck of a player. I just feel what Murray brought in the pass game made the weapons Romo have elite.
Zeke has about 50 fewer receiving yards than DeMarco did that season, with 25 fewer receptions. It's not like Zeke is some slouch at receiving the ball either.

get out of here with your facts and such.
Sea Gull
AG
God this thread is insufferable.
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

PooDoo said:

Azariah said:

FTAggies said:

It's a team sport, romos never had this kinda team talent before
He had it last year.
How so?
Same oline, same WRs, equally good RB, Witten

Yeah. No. Look at the list of injuries last year starting with Romo.
JAggie2007
AG
MooreTrucker said:

PooDoo said:

Azariah said:

FTAggies said:

He had it last year.
How so?

jr15aggie
AG
Duck Patrol said:

God this thread is insufferable.
Exactly... we are a few days away from our 1st playoff game with the #1 seed. All I want to do is talk Cowboys & Packers. Instead I come here and get to do this:

PooDoo
AG
Hard to talk about this game because stats & trends don't matter if you run into a HoF QB playing at a HoF level.
If that happens our only hope is Zeke & Dak grinding out several 14+ play scoring drives.
And pray we are scoring TDs instead of FGs.
Mozart Paintings
AG
TDs instead of FGs will be an absolute key to this game. Penalties in the red zone will be a killer.
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

Hard to talk about this game because stats & trends don't matter if you run into a HoF QB playing at a HoF level.
If that happens our only hope is Zeke & Dak grinding out several 14+ play scoring drives.

I'm going to disagree here. Rogers can play at an elite level all he wants, but he can't do that if the GB defense can't get off the field, which I suspect they won't based on the complete one-sidedness of the Dallas O-GB D matchup. Green Bay HAS to win time of possession in this game or they won't win. They had the benefit of playing a completely inept offense in NY, which allowed them to wear that defense down. Once NY lost their slot corner (Cromartie), they were as good as done.

GB had 13 possession against NY, not counting the end of the game. They'll be lucky to get 10 against Dallas with that defense. Dallas' plan will be to force Green Bay into long, methodical drives. The longer the drive takes, the more it benefits Dallas.
MooreTrucker
AG
JAggie2007 said:

MooreTrucker said:

PooDoo said:

Azariah said:

FTAggies said:

He had it last year.
How so?

Well, I don't think that but it's a topic in this thread so I left it alone.
MooreTrucker
AG
I drove bus said:

TDs instead of FGs will be an absolute key to this game. Penalties in the red zone will be a killer.
How long do we still have to deal with Doug Free?
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

I drove bus said:

How long do we still have to deal with Doug Free?

This will be big for the Packers. Their RZ% is vastly different without Nelson in the lineup. He is far-and-away their best receiver outside the numbers. His absence will effectively allow Dallas to contract the field.
Rudyjax
AG
Anything longer than 3rd and 6 is a drive killer. Cowboys concert at high percentage under 3rd and 6, and very low over.

That's where penalties kill them.
ce1994
AG
Doug Free has played well this year.
Sea Gull
AG
I could see the game going either way. I expect the Packers to sell out to stop Zeke and force Dak to win it. The Cowboys will need to play keep away from Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully the good guys pull it out.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ce1994 said:

Doug Free has played well this year.
"well" is generous.

he's been serviceable or average imho. not as bad as some people think, but not well either. basically I think he'd start for about 18-20 other teams in the league.

agree with the post a few above mine that TDs Vs FGs is going to be huge here. if there's a team that early on kicks a couple of FGs when they were in the red zone with a prime opportunity to get 6 and settled for 3 then i think that'll come back to bite em in the ass late in the game.

my keys for Dallas:

-Keep Rodgers off the field with our own ball control(duh)
-Protect the ball. If Dallas doesn't turn it over a single time I think they will win.
-Score red zone TDs instead of FGs.
-Man the middle of the field between the hashes (avoid big gaps in coverage) as Rodgers loves those crossing routes, skinny posts, and slants.
-Irving has to have one of his games. We can't have invisible Irving show up. We need menace Irving.
Goldie Wilson
Anybody know the status of Collins? If healthy does he start over Leary?
Goldie Wilson
Not to get bogged down in semantics, but starting for 18-20 teams sounds slightly above serviceable or average.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm hoping that getting some of our injured D-Line guys back doesn't hurt us. Our pass rush was pretty steady against Tampa & Detroit... I don't want to minimize guys like Irving, who have played so well, in favor of Crawford or D-Law if Irving is the hot hand.

A good example of this is when Minnesota beat our butts a few years back. Columbo had been hurt at the end of the regular season and his back-up had played pretty well (that may have been Doug Free, can't remember)... but Columbo is "healed" and starts the Vikings game and get's smoked the entire game and Romo runs for his life. Either Columbo wasn't 100% healthy, he was rusty, or the other guy was simply better, but it was a big mistake to play the old starter.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Either "Columbo" wasn't 100% healthy, he was rusty, or the other guy was simply better, but it was a big mistake to play the old starter.
I see what you did there...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rudyjax
AG
Quote:

A good example of this is when Minnesota beat our butts a few years back. Columbo had been hurt at the end of the regular season and his back-up had played pretty well (that may have been Doug Free, can't remember)... but Columbo is "healed" and starts the Vikings game and get's smoked the entire game and Romo runs for his life. Either Columbo wasn't 100% healthy, he was rusty, or the other guy was simply better, but it was a big mistake to play the old starter.

Logical fallicy.

There is no evidence that the backup would've fared any better.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Dan 07 said:

Not to get bogged down in semantics, but starting for 18-20 teams sounds slightly above serviceable or average.
ya, i just felt the word "well" was too good for him but you're right.
jr15aggie
AG
Unthought Known said:

Quote:

Logical fallicy.

Perhaps not, but as I recall, they left Columbo in the entire time. He was getting beat early and often and, as I recall, they never even attempted to let the back-up (that played well when we beat Philly in the 1st round) have a chance.

That's all I'm saying... if we put in Crawford and Co. and they don't produce, let's switch it up. I know it's not exactly the same thing because the D-Line rotates, but you get what I'm saying.

And no, I was in no way implying anything about Romo... I'm hoping that conversation dies!
BowSowy
AG

Quote:

If Romo comes in for an injured Dak and leads the Cowboys to a huge comeback victory, could the sports world handle it?
Its these kind of hypotheticals that make this thread insufferable. You are the worst.
jr15aggie
AG
Was listening to sports talk and reminded that Sean Lee was hurt in 2014 when the Cowboys won the division and actually won a playoff game.

That dude is going to be so hyped!!!!!!

Justin Durant is also practicing and should be ready to go. That's going to be very nice too because we know he will be solid and won't be fooled by anything on the field (compared to Wilson who's done a decent job in his absence).
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

Unthought Known said:

Quote:

Logical fallicy.

Perhaps not, but as I recall, they left Columbo in the entire time. He was getting beat early and often and, as I recall, they never even attempted to let the back-up (that played well when we beat Philly in the 1st round) have a chance.

That's all I'm saying... if we put in Dak in and he doesn't produce, let's switch it up.

PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

PooDoo said:

I'm going to disagree here. Rogers can play at an elite level all he wants, but he can't do that if the GB defense can't get off the field, which I suspect they won't based on the complete one-sidedness of the Dallas O-GB D matchup. Green Bay HAS to win time of possession in this game or they won't win. They had the benefit of playing a completely inept offense in NY, which allowed them to wear that defense down. Once NY lost their slot corner (Cromartie), they were as good as done.

GB had 13 possession against NY, not counting the end of the game. They'll be lucky to get 10 against Dallas with that defense. Dallas' plan will be to force Green Bay into long, methodical drives. The longer the drive takes, the more it benefits Dallas.
Which point are you disagreeing with? It seems like you are saying the same thing but with more words.
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Quote:

If Romo comes in for an injured Dak and leads the Cowboys to a huge comeback victory, could the sports world handle it?
Its these kind of hypotheticals that make this thread insufferable. You are the worst.

Are you kidding me? Go look at the post and see what icon I used. It was all in good fun and kind of making a point of how ridiculous all the talk is.
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

BassCowboy33 said:

PooDoo said:

Which point are you disagreeing with? It seems like you are saying the same thing but with more words.

I believe that stats and trends matter no matter how well Rodgers plays.
CSWendt
Dan 07 said:

Anybody know the status of Collins? If healthy does he start over Leary?
I believe the plan is for Collins to back up Leary. My source is a bleacher report update a few days ago tho, so take it for what you will.

I think it's the right call. Leary has played fantastic this season. Starting a player coming off injury for almost the entire season to replace a veteran player performing at a higher level than Collins was when playing seems like it would be a poor decision.
jtstanley4621
AG
Honestly thought the line got better with Leary at guard. I would have a Collins be his backup, and maybe look at Collins at RT next season. I know he played that at LSU. Free seems to be the weakest link of the o-line
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i think Collins is the backup for the remainder of the year. thats pretty much been determined i think.
BowSowy
AG
Lol okay dude. No reason to get so mad when someone calls you out for your bull*****
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Lol okay dude. No reason to get so mad when someone calls you out for your bull*****

I was making a joke.
CSWendt

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.