*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,272 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In that scenario they'd probably have to package both 1st to move up high enough to get a pass rusher that would have an immediate impact unless they get lucky or target a character risk.
RedlineAg08
There's more to it than this. Seattle, NE, and Dallas this year had really good pieces in place around them.

NE had a dominant defense and a decent running game. Brady threw for 18tds, 12interceptions.

Seattle had a dominant defense and an even better running game.

Dallas has an even more dominant OLine and running game w/ great WRs/TEs and a defense that's played above their talent level.

The point is, they all have a team built around them that's ready to win titles, and then a competitive QB that has some talent is plugged in and they can lean on the other pieces to win while they develop. Those situations are few and far between in the NFL.
PatAg
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

There's more to it than this. Seattle, NE, and Dallas this year had really good pieces in place around them.

NE had a dominant defense and a decent running game. Brady threw for 18tds, 12interceptions.

Dallas has an even more dominant OLine and running game w/ great WRs/TEs and a defense that's played above their talent level.

The point is, they all have a team built around them that's ready to win titles, and then a competitive QB that has some talent is plugged in and they can lean on the other pieces to win while they develop. Those situations are few and far between in the NFL.
our defense is bad.
Twelfthman
AG
PatAg said:

RedlineAg08 said:

our defense is bad.
It's middle of the pack as far as yards given up (28th passing, 2nd rushing) but 5th in scoring defense which is pretty good.
RedlineAg08
And Scoring Defense is really all that matters
TyHolden
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

and it will end up being something like Pittsburgh vs Giants. This is why NFL is so munny.
BassCowboy33
RedlineAg08 said:

This just exacerbates the point and makes it more astounding.
corleoneAg99
AG
Week 14 DVOA - Dallas is 21 in defense. That sounds about right to me based on the eye test. They aren't horrible but in terms of playoff success, they'll probably have to outscore most team versus relying on the defense for much. And how the offense responds to the NYG/MIN recipe for Dak will tell the tale.

BTW, MIN is now 7th in defensive DVOA; NYG is 4th.

TB is 10th.

DET is 31st.

PHI is still holding strong at 5th.
Grapesoda2525
How do we know Minnesota and the Giants followed the same plan? You guys really think the Cowboys offense was going to do well in New York with snow on the ground? Prescotts interceptions happened because guys were falling down or didn't see the ball. The giants Secondary played the best game they could possibly play otherwise. I think the offense looks much better this week at home
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

I think the offense looks much better this week at home
i actually agree with this. i think we'll see them bounce back in a big way this weekend.
corleoneAg99
AG
The first part of any plan to try and stop Dallas is to have a great defense and or be playing great defense.
NYG, MIN, and even TB at this point all fit that bill.
I think the main plan you see playing out is sell out to stop the run, take advantage of Doug Free, and rely on your secondary to make plays.
Where TB is potentially deficient given that basic plan is in the run stopping category. It's not their strength, per se. You have McCoy who is a beast but their other front 4 guys aren't as good as what MIN and NYG have.
That said, Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander are space eaters and David in particular is very good. Their secondary is also playing very well right now so they could pose some real issues in the passing game if Dallas can't get push in the running game.

gougler08
AG
grapespda2525 said:

How do we know Minnesota and the Giants followed the same plan? You guys really think the Cowboys offense was going to do well in New York with snow on the ground? Prescotts interceptions happened because guys were falling down or didn't see the ball. The giants Secondary played the best game they could possibly play otherwise. I think the offense looks much better this week at home

Plenty of offenses do well with snow on the ground. Green Bay put up 38 against Seattle

The offense has regressed the last 2 weeks, if they score a bunch against a good TB defense then it was probably just a bump in the road
MooreTrucker
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

The first part of any plan to try and stop Dallas is to have a great defense and or be playing great defense.
NYG, MIN, and even TB at this point all fit that bill.
I think the main plan you see playing out is sell out to stop the run, take advantage of Doug Free, and rely on your secondary to make plays.
Where TB is potentially deficient given that basic plan is in the run stopping category. It's not their strength, per se. You have McCoy who is a beast but their other front 4 guys aren't as good as what MIN and NYG have.
That said, Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander are space eaters and David in particular is very good. Their secondary is also playing very well right now so they could pose some real issues in the passing game if Dallas can't get push in the running game.

MIN and NYG are #1 and #2 against the run. TB is mid-pack.
gigem1223
Reports are coming out that the Giants were not only communicating past the allowed 15 secs but were also listening to the Cowboys play calls. If this is true, no wonder we couldn't move the ball.
TyHolden
AG
gigem1223 said:

Reports are coming out that the Giants were not only communicating past the allowed 15 secs but were also listening to the Cowboys play calls. If this is true, no wonder we couldn't move the ball.
is this a joke?
MooreTrucker
AG
DSAg44 said:

gigem1223 said:

is this a joke?
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/12/16/giants-may-have-broken-nfl-rule-by-using-radio-vs-cowboys/
BassCowboy33
Chaz is done for the season.
jr15aggie
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Chaz is done for the season.
Yeah, really makes you question him going forward. Missed his rookie year and was given the benefit of the doubt this year because of it. Showed some promise filling in for Tyron early in the year, and now he's done again... the funny part is it was something else that sidelined him weeks ago, the back was something that flared up in the meantime.

Very strange, but perhaps he's just one of those guys whose body can't hold up.
jr15aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

DSAg44 said:

gigem1223 said:

is this a joke?
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/12/16/giants-may-have-broken-nfl-rule-by-using-radio-vs-cowboys/

Would be shocked if the "listening to the Cowboys plays" was true.

But it certainly felt like the Giants knew what plays we were running, those guys were all over our WRs all game long! For now I'll just tip my hat and assume they just played really great D.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

DSAg44 said:

gigem1223 said:

is this a joke?

But it certainly felt like the Giants knew what plays we were running, those guys were all over our WRs all game long! For now I'll just tip my hat and assume they just played really great D.
that article doesn't make it sound like anything too sinister was going on.

Pignorant
AG

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
2nd girl from right, seated, brunette...hot.

2nd guy seated from left is the one i believe who ripped his shirt off that one time after a loss and it got shown on TV.

and where is Janine Turner in this pic
Southlake
Don't think scoring will be a problem for Dallas, but am more concerned about Dallas stopping Winston.
fretyuioz
SPAULDING!!
PatAg
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jr15aggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

DSAg44 said:

gigem1223 said:

is this a joke?

that article doesn't make it sound like anything too sinister was going on.

There is a reason they cut off the feed before the snap. If they were able to communicate in that timer period, it's a big advantage
TMACsDaMan
Dak has had a lot of success this year, but how he comes out today, imho, will say a lot about him as a QB.

The result of tonight's game will determine whether it's relax time or panic time. It's December, the BCS is strong with some people.
MooreTrucker
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

Dak has had a lot of success this year, but how he comes out today, imho, will say a lot about him as a QB.

The result of tonight's game will determine whether it's relax time or panic time. It's December, the BCS is strong with some people.
LOL. Agree about Dak and the importance of tonight's game. I did wonder though what the bowl championship had to do with it.

And yes, I did figure it out.
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

TMACsDaMan said:

LOL. Agree about Dak and the importance of tonight's game. I did wonder though what the bowl championship had to do with it.

And yes, I did figure it out.

Regardless of today, there is big importance on NOT having a long-term reaction. Another poor performance very well could relegate him to behind Romo. At the same time, the kid has won 11 games as a rookie and the magnitude of such an accomplishment shouldn't be overlooked in the future. At worst, you go back to being a backup and get more comfortable in the system for another season or two. At best, we keep this train moving.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ramsay with his first pic today. About time.
BassCowboy33
98Ag99Grad said:

Ramsay with his first pic today. About time.

Dude is having quite the stellar rookie season. Still feel a tinge of pain every time he makes play.
jr15aggie
AG
Giants D playing lights out again. Good enough to take them to another title. Ugh.
Mozart Paintings
AG
jr15aggie said:

Giants D playing lights out again. Good enough to take them to another title. Ugh.

Nope. Offense horrid this year.
BassCowboy33
I drove bus said:

jr15aggie said:

Nope. Offense horrid this year.

Teams have won Super Bowls with worse.
Grapesoda2525
Need a win today for so many reasons
Mozart Paintings
AG
Very true

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.