*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,321 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I'm so conflicted...

On the one hand... Screw you Jerry and your Hogs.

On the other... God bless Jerry and the Cowboys!
It becomes a great balancing act. I take a lot of grief from friends for being able to root hardcore for player when they are Aggies, but for hating them when they play for an opponent or drag the Cowboys down. For example, Marty B was one of my favorite players at A&M, but his antics and blatant underproduction in Dallas--despite numerous opportunities--drove me mad. My blood still boils when I think of him, Kevin Smith, or that Redskin Albert Connell.

birdman
Kevin Smith? He was real good player for the Cowboys. Then he tore his achilles tendon and was done. Nothing to be mad about there.
BassCowboy33
quote:
Kevin Smith? He was real good player for the Cowboys. Then he tore his achilles tendon and was done. Nothing to be mad about there.

He had a couple of good years, but after returning from injury he became an enormous albatross and PI machine. Maybe not so much his fault, but adolescent BassCowboy got tired of him being burned 3-4 times agame deep.
jr15aggie
AG
I almost hated Kevin Smith once... I waved and said hello and He didn't wave back. But then I remembered He couldn't lift his hand... His 3 rings are too heavy.

Ag Natural
AG
Man I miss Duane Harris. Dude is just a great ST player.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
I'm so conflicted...

On the one hand... Screw you Jerry and your Hogs.

On the other... God bless Jerry and the Cowboys!

As long as we keep coming into DFW & spanking the Hogs it's a good thing.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:

He had a couple of good years, but after returning from injury he became an enormous albatross and PI machine. Maybe not so much his fault, but adolescent BassCowboy got tired of him being burned 3-4 times agame deep.

You must not have seen Smith play for the Ags much... Pup was our Deion.
TyHolden
AG
I only need 50 points from zeke to get within striking distance in ffl.
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:

You must not have seen Smith play for the Ags much... Pup was our Deion.

That's my point. I can separate players depending on who they play for. Loyalty follows the jersey and production, not the player.
BassCowboy33
No Tyron or Orlando tonight.
PatAg
AG
****, chaz green better not be playing
that guy was horrible in preseason
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
****, chaz green better not be playing
that guy was horrible in preseason
Chaz was OK when he was playing with the ones. I'm not saying the guy is great, but this preseason was the only time he's had to learn as a pro (missed all last year with injury)... and he got better as pre-season went along.

I for one am perfectly happy sitting a couple banged up players tonight. Chicago is not only bad, but they have so many injuries that it's not even fair. Let a couple of our guys have an off week so they can heal up a little more. If we can't beat this banged up Chicago team with those guys out our season is doomed anyway!
PatAg
AG
Agree to disagree. I hope he plays better.
PatAg
AG
that tackle seems like its the exact same as a horse collar, just not from the back
but tist the same mechanic, no?
PatAg
AG
exactly what happened to westbrook

they are just grabbing up high, then whipping the rest of their weight low under the player

isnt that the intention, to get rid of tackles like that with a high chance of injury?
MicheIangeIo
AG
Agnzona
Who here hopes Romo comes back early?
jr15aggie
AG
We officially have a QB controversy! Remember, these are the same fans that boo'd Emmitt and Aikman at the end of their careers... They will have no mercy for Romo throwing a pick our losing a game.
RedlineAg08
We have to be 7-1 and Dak playing lights out in order for them to consider sitting Romo.

Fans will fan, but we were supposed to beat Chicago badly even with cutler. Instead we got to play the only player more ****** than Cutler and would have been calling for heads had we lost.

Agnzona
I could forsee a scenario were Romo is the obvious better QB but the team is a better with Dak. An interesting question. At least it's a problem 20 teams in the NFL wish they had.
jr15aggie
AG
Here are some interesting Monday morning stats for you:

• Zeke is tied for #2 in rushing yards. #1, of course, plays for the Patriots because they are best at everything apparently.
  • Von Miller has more sacks (5) than the Cowboys (4). Two other players have tied the Cowboys with 4.
  • There are exactly 11 players with just as many or more intereceptions (2) than Dallas.
  • Dak Threw his 1st TD pass to Dez Bryant last night... the last 2 franchise QBs for Dallas also threw their 1st TD pass to the star #1 WR. Romo to Owens and Aikman to Irvin
  • The official height of an Olympic hurdle is Chris Prosinski
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
good to see them 2-1, but frustrating that the organization feels like they are a Demarcus Lawrence away from being good on D. while he will no doubt provide some improvement that pass rush is absolutely putrid right now.
when he comes back it'll be like going fro an F- to an F+.
Sea Gull
AG
I didn't like giving Zeke mop up duty carries. Let Morris take care of that kind of stuff...
Ag Natural
AG
quote:
good to see them 2-1, but frustrating that the organization feels like they are a Demarcus Lawrence away from being good on D. while he will no doubt provide some improvement that pass rush is absolutely putrid right now.

It Doesn't matter if they think that or not. Its pretty much the only available option at this point.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I didn't like giving Zeke mop up duty carries. Let Morris take care of that kind of stuff...

He must be on Jerry's fantasy team.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm hoping they were just breaking him in one final time against a depleted defense. With Morris on the roster I agree 30 carries for Zeke isn't necessary. I LOVE watching the kid run and he's a threat every time he touches it, but let's not run him into the ground year 1.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

What's interesting is that I don't see them blitzing very much. Maybe I'm wrong and just not seeing it. But it definitely feels like we are content with 3 or 4 man rushes most of the time and forcing the other team to make throws (especially when the team is behind the 50... we don't want to give up the big play... bend don't break, etc.)

They just aren't exciting to watch on defense at all. They rarely make anything happen.
birdman
Dak's unbelievable performance does plenty of things, all of them great.

It prevents Romo from rushing back too early from injury. Take your time and heal properly.

It might make Romo play smarter. Right now, Romo has higher ceiling but a lower floor.

It opens up some possibilities for moving Romo. You can cut him or trade him, knowing that Prescott is playing great.

The quarterback controversy seems forced. One guy has a broken bone in back and the other guy hasn't thrown an interception yet. What am I missing?
Agnzona
I'm pretty sure Jerry's plan is to run him into the ground for four straight years then not resign him...
jtstanley4621
AG
quote:
The pass rush is terrible, and that makes everything around it worse. Carr and Claiborne are a pretty mediocre to bad CB duo, and the LBers need help as well. The only position I would grade as "okay" is maybe the safeties. It's very frustrating. I shudder to think about what will happen when we play a good NFL QB. Rodgers sitting back in the pocket with very little pass rush? That could be a bloodbath.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think Claiborne can be decent -good if hes not asked to cover a WR for 6-7 secs.
Macarthur
Carr and Claiborne are not bad. I think reasonable people can debate if they are mediocre to decent to possibly good, but they are not bad.

And the comment about pass rush is so critical. Go back and look at the Giants secondary the two years they won the SB. They were mediocre AT BEST. I think Carr and Claiborne could actually be considered a good tandem if there were a good pass rush, especially if you add Scandrick. Those three are not the best in the league, but you could do A LOT worse.
RedlineAg08
I agree. I couldn't watch most of the game last night because I require sleep, but I think he's played solid for us this year.

No pass rush will make any CB look bad.
Macarthur
And I agree that the LBer corp has one good player and a bunch of JAG.

A healthy Jaylon can make that group look different pretty quickly.
jtstanley4621
AG
quote:
Carr and Claiborne are not bad. I think reasonable people can debate if they are mediocre to decent to possibly good, but they are not bad.

And the comment about pass rush is so critical. Go back and look at the Giants secondary the two years they won the SB. They were mediocre AT BEST. I think Carr and Claiborne could actually be considered a good tandem if there were a good pass rush, especially if you add Scandrick. Those three are not the best in the league, but you could do A LOT worse.
Haha are you saying I'm unreasonable?

I just do not think that either of them have lived up to what they were supposed to be. Claiborne has been okay this year I guess, but he has pretty much not lived up to his first round billing which is being a shut down corner of the caliber of Patrick Peterson. Be that a result of injuries, or whatever, he has not done that. Carr is at best about average as well. He certainly hasn't lived up to the amount we're paying him. I do also think that Scandrick is a decent CB.

Now, would all of those guys be helped by a pass rush? I completely agree they would. An NFL WR can't be covered forever, regardless of who you are. Maybe things will get better when Lawrence comes back, but I don't think that we will have anywhere near a good defense without MAJOR help at pass rusher. There were several times last night when Hoyer had a completely clean pocket to work from. I think the issues on this team are a pretty blatant result from Jerry to build up only the offense oftentimes at the expense of the defense, and that's frustrating.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.