*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,445 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Few games exemplify the ridiculous criticism with Romo than the 2013 Denver game. We lost 51-48 with Romo throwing an interception at the end. Football is a TEAM sport. For several years of his career, most games were "can Romo overcome how much the defense sucks without making a mistake." If you put Romo on teams with a decent defense, he would have won a lot.

I guess maybe he's not at Brady or Rodgers' level, but my god he is 100 percent a quality NFL quarterback. And he worked his way to get where he is despite being undrafted. I don't think he's cocky or arrogant. Seems like he's a pretty good guy. I do not understand the hate for him. Hating the cowboys overall, I can get. But Romo is a good player. Objectively one of the best QBs in franchise history.
Not only a horrible defense, but an atrocious offensive line for most of his career.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Few games exemplify the ridiculous criticism with Romo than the 2013 Denver game. We lost 51-48 with Romo throwing an interception at the end. Football is a TEAM sport. For several years of his career, most games were "can Romo overcome how much the defense sucks without making a mistake." If you put Romo on teams with a decent defense, he would have won a lot.

I guess maybe he's not at Brady or Rodgers' level, but my god he is 100 percent a quality NFL quarterback. And he worked his way to get where he is despite being undrafted. I don't think he's cocky or arrogant. Seems like he's a pretty good guy. I do not understand the hate for him. Hating the cowboys overall, I can get. But Romo is a good player. Objectively one of the best QBs in franchise history.
Not only a horrible defense, but an atrocious offensive line for most of his career.

And Escobar turned the wrong way after the ball was thrown I believe in that one.
PatAg
AG
and Crayton didnt run under an easy pass("lost it in the lights") for what would easily have been a huge gain against the giants

but Romo dropped a field goal kicker once when he wasnt even playing qb!! and by pure coincidence, the NFL changed the rules tthe next year to provide the kickers/punters with a ball that has been covered and kept out of the elements all game.
TyHolden
AG
We tonight?
Agnzona
NFL Today on CBS asked the panel does Romo get his job back. Only 1 of the 5 thought so.
PooDoo
AG
Looks like the Jets hit a HR with Enunwa. 6th gem.
blackgoldag11
AG
Let's go
RedlineAg08
I was so wrong about EE!! We had talent at TB with Morris that could do the job well, but DAMN! Zeke is fun!
jr15aggie
AG
Romo "Not ready... Dak starts vs. Browns" says Jerry.

Church fractured his forearm

Mo hurt his groin apparently... Could be a hernia. Doesn't sound good to me.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Didnt Mo come back in?

Church injury was at practice?

They can sit more guys vs Cleveland.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

Romo "Not ready... Dak starts vs. Browns" says Jerry.

Church fractured his forearm

Mo hurt his groin apparently... Could be a hernia. Doesn't sound good to me.

More worried about Church. Wilcox is inadequate at pass defense.
Pigeon88
AG
Sounding like Mo may be out awhile.
Boiling Denim
PatAg said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Romo's only had a couple seasons without multiple Pro Bowlers on his offensive line..
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Pigeon88 said:

there's buzz he might be done for the year.

if true, that is a brutal brutal blow to the Cowboys chances.

they already needed serious DE help. Wentz showed that with time he can carve up the Cowboys D. now not trying to seriously trade for one borders on careless.
Sea Gull
AG
Damn...losing Mo would be huge. But Anthony Brown has looked pretty damned good...
Sea Gull
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Pigeon88 said:

there's buzz he might be done for the year.

if true, that is a brutal brutal blow to the Cowboys chances.

they already needed serious DE help. Wentz showed that with time he can carve up the Cowboys D. now not trying to seriously trade for one borders on careless.

Maybe try and get someone for McFadden?
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

they already needed serious DE help. Wentz showed that with time he can carve up the Cowboys D.
Just to put it into perspective, Wentz only threw for 202 yards (4.4 per pass). That's not very good. I know it definitely felt worse, but they could get NOTHING going downfield. They nickel and dimed us with slants and Sproles. In the end they only scored 23 points... not enough!

But yeah, this is the story of Mo Claiborne. The good news is that perhaps we can get him back next year at a reasonable price if he's indeed done for the year. The bad news is that we should expect this type of thing his entire career.
Ag Natural
AG
The pass rush is not good but last night wasn't much of an indication. Wentz wasn't exactly holding onto the ball and launching deep crossing routes. I actually thought the Eagles gameplan was pretty dumb considering the Cowboys lack of a rush.
PooDoo
AG
Fletcher Cox doesn't have many games where he gets driven off the line a little then goes for a ride on the RBs back.

The EEwok puts the fear in defenses. He can run em over, juke em, out run em, or hurdle em. This would be a completely different team without him.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

Fletcher Cox doesn't have many games where he gets driven off the line a little then goes for a ride on the RBs back.

The EEwok puts the fear in defenses. He can run em over, juke em, out run em, or hurdle em. This would be a completely different team without him.

I made no secret about my hype for Zeke before the draft and after. But I gotta say I think he's even exceeding my high expectations for him. Easily the most physically gifted RB to come into the league since AD.
jtstanley4621
AG
Zeke has been faster and stronger than I thought, along with having better vision than I anticipated. He's even a good pass blocker. He is incredibly fun to watch.
corleoneAg99
AG
Considering the strength of the PHI defense last night was super impressive. There were some execution things but really that's the best defense they'll see until they play Min or Philly again.

The Dallas defense did yeomans work and as long Sean Lee is on the field, you feel they can keep a lot of offenses from getting more than 20ish.

Now basically completely healthy sans Romo you're seeing the best version of this kind of offense. What NE and ATL do is also fun but this what Seattle would like to do and with obviously superior talent everywhere but QB.

Time to give props to Garrett and the FO.
jtstanley4621
AG
I would say that honestly, outside of maybe one more WR, we are in position to spend the majority of this years' draft picks on the defense. In fact, with Dak and the offense seemingly set for a while, I don't know how opposed I would be to trading up for Myles. He would be the perfect player for what we need.
RedlineAg08
I'd see how the Jaguars feel about Dante Fowler.. He's not starting for them. Maybe they'd part with him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder
TXAggie2011
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I would say that honestly, outside of maybe one more WR, we are in position to spend the majority of this years' draft picks on the defense. In fact, with Dak and the offense seemingly set for a while, I don't know how opposed I would be to trading up for Myles. He would be the perfect player for what we need.
Agreed.

They have to make a decision with Terrance Williams; if he's enough alongside Beasley.

Otherwise, I'm looking for depth at guard and I think if a tight end makes sense in the top 3 rounds at whatever pick we end up with, you consider locking-up a threat opposite Witten with a look to life without #82 as your top tight end.

Getting Myles would be fantastic if they can make that happen. Focus of the draft has to be on finding some impact defensive players.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Another high draft pick on a tight end? No thank you.
jr15aggie
AG
There are lot of quality DE in this draft. We should be able to get some help here in round 1 without having to break the bank to trade up.
jr15aggie
AG
Just as long as Chicago doesn't pull a Chicago we will be #1 in the NFC in a couple hours. The Vikings look horrible.

So glad Bradford isn't our QB... More glad we don't have their O-line?
PooDoo
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

I think since JG has been HC, needs be damned, they pick the best player.

In those 6 drafts, they've come away with the best OT in the league, the best OG in the league, and the best RB in the league... at 25, 25, & 21 years old and drafted them with greater needs at other positions.

The only 1st rounder they've missed under JG was Rob Ryan's pick of Morris Claiborne. Sadly, we also missed out on having Bobby Wagner playing next to Sean Lee when we packaged our 2nd rounder for Claiborne.

He might not know how to use his timeouts or challenge flags but the guy knows how to pick early round talent.
TXAggie2011
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

So it would have been a hard no from you on Witten, Gronkowski, Olsen, Graham, Reed, Eifert, Kelce...?

That seems rather silly.

Some draft picks work out for you, some don't. That's not a "tight end thing", that's just a draft thing.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Gavin Escobar? Charles tapper? Rico gathers? Will smith? Bw Webb? That white safety from eastern Washington that never made the team? James Hannah? Devin street? Jaylon smith? Randy Gregory?

Can they use their first rounder? Sometimes. The problem is... they reach with their reaches. You don't build a team with 1st rounders. You build a team with 2nd, third, sixth rounders. Look at Dak, boom.

The last year or two has been better but we've wasted our 2nd round pick this year and last.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I agree they reach mater on but They've had the best run of first rounders in the league for the last 7-8 years. Don't sell them short by saying they sometimes can use their first rounders.
bonfarr
AG
I put their needs in this order:

DE Need help for D Law
CB How old is Carr?
WR No way we re-sign Williams
Safety Need more depth
TE Witten is 72 years old and the guys under him are underwhelming

We should be able to address those needs with the draft and FAA, especially if Romo is released and you have another $5 million in cap to spend
ChoppinDs40
AG
Byron jones and mo Claiborne are great first rounders? Jury is out on jones, mo is a bust.

Frederick is great but still not first round worthy. He's already gotten paid (too much at that).

Zeke, Tyron, Martin. Hard to argue those 3, but that's only 3.
RedlineAg08
Mo's been hurt constantly. He was playing like a top NFL CB this year. If it causes him to be cheap then we definitely need to resign him.

We need a high-end CB in this draft. Carr is old and Scandrick will be 30 and on the downside. We need replacements before Carr is completely incompetent

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.