*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,269 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Reginald Cousins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
PatAg said:

Wait, this idiot thinks Dak is gonna be on a short leash?

He would have to throw 3 AWFUL picks and look lost to get pulled.

God dammit y'all are terrible at reading. I said he should be. Should. Not will.
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Anyone who thinks a prolific passer doesn't open the run game up and improve it is a football fool.

Anyone who thinks a solid passer who can run and threatens with the bootleg....... Is a football fool.

Wrong. Teams quit even looking for him to keep because he kept 1 in 20.
MooreTrucker
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

PatAg said:

Wait, this idiot thinks Dak is gonna be on a short leash?

He would have to throw 3 AWFUL picks and look lost to get pulled.

God dammit y'all are terrible at reading. I said he should be. Should. Not will.
You did say "should", but then you continue to try to convince us that Romo is the best option, which leads us to think you really hope "will".
Ag Natural
AG
So basically if Dak craps the bed and completely reverses his performance from the whole season... then he should be yanked. Ok, brilliant analysis. I'm guessing if Zeke wets himself and fumbles 3 times we should put Morris or McFadden in too.

Dak will be fine.
jr15aggie
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

jr15aggie said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Anyone who thinks a prolific passer doesn't open the run game up and improve it is a football fool.

Anyone who thinks a solid passer who can run and threatens with the bootleg....... Is a football fool.

Wrong. Teams quit even looking for him to keep because he kept 1 in 20.
I didn't say anything about the read option, did I. I said bootleg.

If you guys are going to completely take over this thread with your imaginary QB controversy BS, at least allow others to comment without puffing out your chest.

You know, there was a Dak vs. Romo thread that we started around week 3. It would be nice if y'all would bump that and head over there so we can actually ENJOY this ride we are on and have some legitimate Cowboys vs. Packers talk. The few comments that people have made regarding the upcoming game get lost in the QB talk.
BassCowboy33
The only thing that'll get Dallas to replace Dak is if he makes multiple catastrophic errors early that turn into Green Bay touchdowns. If Dallas does what they did against SF in 94-95 NFCC, then you might see Romo.
BassCowboy33
CSWendt said:

You are correct, Romo did have a 13-3 record one season. I was thinking he went 12-4. You want to know what Romo did with a 13-3 record in his playoff start? He lost. Not a Romo hater by any stretch, I just think it's an awful idea to pull the hot guy for the injury prone player who hasn't played a meaningful play in 2 years.

Dallas lost that game because of Patrick Crayton, not Tony Romo.
snowdog90
BassCowboy33 said:

CSWendt said:

You are correct, Romo did have a 13-3 record one season. I was thinking he went 12-4. You want to know what Romo did with a 13-3 record in his playoff start? He lost. Not a Romo hater by any stretch, I just think it's an awful idea to pull the hot guy for the injury prone player who hasn't played a meaningful play in 2 years.

Dallas lost that game because of Patrick Crayton, not Tony Romo.

Fasano dropped a pass that hit him in the face at the goal line, ended up in a fg. Crayton dropped a 3rd down pass that could have gone for 60, maybe a td. Punt, Giants score.

Romo was running for his life the whole game.

15 penalties on Cowboys.

Defense blew crucial tackles at critical times.

Romo gets such a bad rap for this loss, it's such a joke. He played good, if not great in that game, his teammates let him down.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

Defense blew crucial tackles at critical times.
the end of the first half drive was a killer in that game. Dallas' D was totally useless that series. As if it was the Giants 11 vs the Air.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Ag12thman said:

I don't get how professional games are about 3 to 3.5 hours long and amateur (college) games are 4 to 4.5 hours long. Makes no sense to me. College basketball games are quite a bit shorter in length than professional basketball games, no?
College Basketball is only 40 minutes and 2 halves vs 48 minutes and 4 quarters... can't compare.

College Football could help themselves with getting rid of the clock stopping on first downs, and shortening the halftime. But what really extends these games is the style of offense. Anytime teams run as many plays as are being run these days, the game goes longer. I don't like it, but not sure how to fix it. Would have to be something radical like starting the clock when the ball is set after incomplete passes.
jr15aggie
AG
Hadn't seen anything on ESPN, etc... but finally heard on the radio that Jordy Nelson has 2 fractured ribs. Yikes!

It would be a brilliant stroke of irony, though, if Jordy gets high as a kite on "legal" drugs and is able to play while Gregory sits on the sideline for smoking a natural herb!
Macarthur
I drove bus said:

Ag12thman said:

I don't get how professional games are about 3 to 3.5 hours long and amateur (college) games are 4 to 4.5 hours long. Makes no sense to me. College basketball games are quite a bit shorter in length than professional basketball games, no?
College Basketball is only 40 minutes and 2 halves vs 48 minutes and 4 quarters... can't compare.

College Football could help themselves with getting rid of the clock stopping on first downs, and shortening the halftime. But what really extends these games is the style of offense. Anytime teams run as many plays as are being run these days, the game goes longer. I don't like it, but not sure how to fix it. Would have to be something radical like starting the clock when the ball is set after incomplete passes.

Agree with the clock comment. Also, in the NFL, they start the clock running even on out of bounds plays when it's outside like 5 min left, I think.

They gotta get the clock running.
Macarthur
I think they could also go to the challenge system on replays like the NFL. College bogs down so much for replays.
MooreTrucker
AG
jr15aggie said:

Hadn't seen anything on ESPN, etc... but finally heard on the radio that Jordy Nelson has 2 fractured ribs. Yikes!

It would be a brilliant stroke of irony, though, if Jordy gets high as a kite on "legal" drugs and is able to play while Gregory sits on the sideline for smoking a natural herb!
The doc on GMFB said that the ribs that he broke would probably prevent him from playing, not as a pain tolerance thing, but because broken ribs can break even more and puncture something important.
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

jr15aggie said:

The doc on GMFB said that the ribs that he broke would probably prevent him from playing, not as a pain tolerance thing, but because broken ribs can break even more and puncture something important.

Green Bay is bluffing. Saying he's going to try and practice on Saturday forces Dallas to game plan for him AND without him.
MooreTrucker
AG
Which they would do anyway because they're not idiots.
RedlineAg08
ESPN Radio news update said yesterday that he may have a collapsed lung, broken ribs, and ruptured spleen
Grapesoda2525
Ugh.....I can live with what happens as long as this team doesn't go one and done. I'm sick of losing in the divisional round
Mozart Paintings
AG
College starts the clock on OOB plays also now. Up until some point in each half. I agree with the poster that said the challenge system could be fixed in college. Definitely more bog downs with college replay.
Little Rock Ag
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

The only thing that'll get Dallas to replace Dak is if he makes multiple catastrophic errors early that turn into Green Bay touchdowns. If Dallas does what they did against SF in 94-95 NFCC, then you might see Romo.
The Cowboys darn near won that game, if I remember correctly, so I am not sure if that even would happen.
Reginald Cousins
S
Little Rock Ag said:

BassCowboy33 said:

The Cowboys darn near won that game, if I remember correctly, so I am not sure if that even would happen.

Darn near won't cut it for Jerry. He's not gonna live forever.
Rudyjax
AG
Romo isn't gong in no matter what.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Unthought Known said:

Very false statement. I assure you with an injury to Dak he goes in before Sanchez.
Rudyjax
AG
I drove bus said:

Unthought Known said:

Very false statement. I assure you with an injury to Dak he goes in before Sanchez.
You got me.

Romo is only going in if Dak physically cannot play.
jr15aggie
AG
Just read that Mo will be ready to go. That's awesome!

Unless in forgetting somebody, all of our starters and major contributors are ready to go. About as healthy as you can be this time of year.
MooreTrucker
AG
jr15aggie said:

Just read that Mo will be ready to go. That's awesome!

Unless in forgetting somebody, all of our starters and major contributors are ready to go. About as healthy as you can be this time of year.

Crawford? Durant? Lawrence?
BowSowy
AG
Jerry apparently said that Crawford and Lawrence will play as well.
jtstanley4621
AG
I remember reading a thing a while ago about the amount of abuse NFL players take throughout a season, and what they put their bodies through to get ready to play each week. Basically having anyone even remotely rested and not beaten up at this time of year is a huge deal. That could really help defensively, and with Zeke not taking a weeks worth of hits. Hopefully it's about health and not rust with guys like Claiborne.
Rudyjax
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I remember reading a thing a while ago about the amount of abuse NFL players take throughout a season, and what they put their bodies through to get ready to play each week. Basically having anyone even remotely rested and not beaten up at this time of year is a huge deal. That could really help defensively, and with Zeke not taking a weeks worth of hits. Hopefully it's about health and not rust with guys like Claiborne.

2 weeks of no hits.
Bullmoose
AG
Squirm worms...squirm
investorAg83
AG
Everyone that's not suspended should play. Injuries not an issue.
snowdog90
I agree Romo will proably not play. However, if Dak has a horrible first half, which I personally can't see happening, Romo should be an option. Again, I hope it doesn't happen, but Romo is the best "backup" in the league, and should be used if needed.
MooreTrucker
AG
Worms?
jtstanley4621
AG
snowdog90 said:

I agree Romo will proably not play. However, if Dak has a horrible first half, which I personally can't see happening, Romo should be an option. Again, I hope it doesn't happen, but Romo is the best "backup" in the league, and should be used if needed.

He should. But at the same time if we're doing what we should be doing on offense (running the ball, letting the o-line take over), then dak shouldn't even be in a position to have a terrible first half. He should be operating just like he has all season
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

He should. But at the same time if we're doing what we should be doing on offense (running the ball, letting the o-line take over), then dak shouldn't even be in a position to have a terrible first half. He should be operating just like he has all season

Exactly. If we get down quick early, then likely Rodgers is just carving up our defense. At that point who's playing QB for us won't make a whole lot of difference. Now if Dak goes out and throws picks on 4 straight drives, then they should think about it. But considering he's only thrown 4 picks all year, it would be surprising to say the least.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.