*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,270 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dez hugging michael
jr15aggie
AG
tannerr0703 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, a team like Seattle in the playoffs scares me a bit. A nasty enough defense to slow them down like tonight, but more offense to abuse this defense.

That said, I can't make too much of this one. I think both teams had a 3 games in 11 days hangover.

Yeah but this was literally our worst game of the season. And we have played 3 games in 12 freaking days against Washington, Baltimore, and Minnesota (two on the road). That is intense..

Rest up and they would be a good match for anyone.

Actually... 2 of those were at home. But yeah... Rough stretch. Against the #1 and #2 defense in the league at the time... And the other against the #2 offense.

Other than Cleveland we've played desperate and quality teams every single week. 11-1 is amazing. It really is.
ac04
my favorite team in any sport since 2012 A&M football
NukeAg10
AG
if zeke doesn't get that 42 harder taken away then he would've had 128 on 21 carries, and a td, coming out to 6 yards a carry. wasn't a fan of some of the play calling, should've kept running right at them. also some timely ****ty calls and mistakes by the cowboys, but it was a win and that's all that matters.
jr15aggie
AG
I think that's 2 or 3 weeks in a row that Zekes best run is called back on a weak holding call. I know it happened last week for sure.

Really frustrating, but we just keep on pressing. We could have won by 14+... But regardless, we are winning.
Ag12thman
AG
I'm not near the Cowboys fanatic I was when I was younger (before my A&M days), but I do like them. However, they are far from my favorite team. Even when we have disappointing seasons, the Aggies are always my favorite team (Aggie Football, Basketball, Baseball, etc.). It's not even close - College anything >>>>> Pro anything (for me). Now, if you want to separate college sports from professional sports, then that's a different story.
Grapesoda2525
Atlanta's defense is atrocious. I think the Cowboys could play keep away from Matt Ryan and win. Just hog the ball and run it down their throats.
InternetFan02
AG
Dak makes a great play to stay in bounds but slides half a yard short of the sticks. Then receives a bad snap. Cowboys win anyway. My god if Romo had done that sequence that's all we would talk about and it would be flames slinging from both sides. I love this team. Everything is different. No apologies.
Goodfield Nohit
Ag12thman said:

I'm not near the Cowboys fanatic I was when I was younger (before my A&M days), but I do like them. However, they are far from my favorite team. Even when we have disappointing seasons, the Aggies are always my favorite team (Aggie Football, Basketball, Baseball, etc.). It's not even close - College anything >>>>> Pro anything (for me). Now, if you want to separate college sports from professional sports, then that's a different story.
You're disappointed a lot, aren't you?
NukeAg10
AG
anthony brown had a good bounce back game today, really like him a lot.
Grapesoda2525
Escobar and Free really stunk up the joint. I had some people tell me this week that he's good, but I can't wait to see him jettisoned.
BassCowboy33
grapespda2525 said:

Escobar and Free really stunk up the joint. I had some people tell me this week that he's good, but I can't wait to see him jettisoned.

Free is average. Dude had a rough game against one of the best D-lines in football. Happens.

Escobar is flat terrible.
BassCowboy33
That game looked eerily like the 90's tilts that Dallas used to have against Phoenix. Ugly, painful affairs where Dallas could never seem to get their footing.
jteagle
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Free is average. Dude had a rough game against one of the best D-lines in football. Happens.

Free did have a bad game but I thought the holding call on Zeke's long run was a bad call. Escobar on the other hand cannot block. Losing BOTH blocking tight ends is hurting a little.
Rudyjax
AG
Man. I wish I had made it through the game but that 3:30am alarm makes it tough.
TyHolden
AG
Giants lose in Pittsburgh this weekend and we can almost wrap this division up. Dak and zeke, go ahead and take the weekend off in Cabo with some hot stars.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm getting the impression that the other team is going to have to play near perfect to beat us. We are winning games despite lack of turnovers, etc.

If any team faces us and gives us turnovers and/or untimely penalties we will absolutely bury them.

And the ones that play a clean game have found themselves down by 10+ late in the 4th and we just squat on the lead and let them get garbage time yards.

We are far from a perfect team, but darn if we don't force the other team to be perfect if they want to beat us.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DSAg44 said:

Giants lose in Pittsburgh this weekend and we can almost wrap this division up. Dak and zeke, go ahead and take the weekend off in Cabo with some hot stars.
this really was a huge win last night because the entire complexion of the division lead coulda changed by the end of this weekend if they had not and had the Giants won.

big big win.
Gigem Trevas
So do we clinch the division with a win next week regardless if the Giants win this weekend?
98Ag99Grad
AG
I think a really underrated player from the draft so far is the DT from Nebraska. He gets pressure on the QB and is disruptive when he's in the game. Looks like another solid pick for this year.
Confucius
Gigem Trevas said:

So do we clinch the division with a win next week regardless if the Giants win this weekend?

Based on divisional tiebreakers, if we beat the Giants and end up with the same record, we would clinch based on #3

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Giants have lost 3 games to common opponents while the Cowboys could at worst only lose 2 games to common opponents.

So yes, a win next week clinches the division.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gigem Trevas
Confucius said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Based on divisional tiebreakers, if we beat the Giants and end up with the same record, we would clinch based on #3

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Giants have lost 3 games to common opponents while the Cowboys could at worst only lose 2 games to common opponents.

So yes, a win next week clinches the division.

Thanks.
jr15aggie
AG
Looking at the NFC it's hard to imagine somebody other than NY & Washington getting the wild card. So many teams with 6 losses and the Redskins only have 4. So if the Cowboys manage to hold the #1 seed, then if either NY or Washington beats their 1st round opponent that's who we will play in the 2nd round.

Ugh! No thanks... I want no part of playing anybody 3 times in a season. At that point the better team almost doesn't matter, it's more about who gets the call, which way does that fumbled ball bounce, etc. If it comes to pass I'll go into that game with visions of 2007 all over again, especially if it's the Giants who come knocking!
Grapesoda2525
I agree with you. It kinda sucks to play your division in the playoffs. I really don't want the Skids because of their offense.
Joe Exotic
AG
Didn't we beat philly three times in a row a few years ago
MooreTrucker
AG
Macarthur said:

17 points should win this game.
jr15aggie
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Didn't we beat philly three times in a row a few years ago
Yeah, we beat Philly in the season finale to clinch the Division. And our playoff week 1 opponent was Philly. The ONLY good thing about that was we smoked them and it felt so good. And then the Vikings curb stomped us the following week.

FYI, that was also the season that, going into it, management thought we we so friggin loaded that we simply drafted guys with special teams in mind. Possibly the worst draft we ever had and paved the way to VERY mediocre seasons between then and now.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

Looking at the NFC it's hard to imagine somebody other than NY & Washington getting the wild card. So many teams with 6 losses and the Redskins only have 4. So if the Cowboys manage to hold the #1 seed, then if either NY or Washington beats their 1st round opponent that's who we will play in the 2nd round.

Ugh! No thanks... I want no part of playing anybody 3 times in a season. At that point the better team almost doesn't matter, it's more about who gets the call, which way does that fumbled ball bounce, etc. If it comes to pass I'll go into that game with visions of 2007 all over again, especially if it's the Giants who come knocking!

I prefer to have visions of 2009.
jteagle
AG
DSAg44 said:

I don't know what Dak is doing but Zeke and Beasly are going to be in McAllen as the Grand Marshalls of the Christmas parade on Saturday.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jteagle said:

DSAg44 said:

I don't know what Dak is doing but Zeke and Beasly are going to be in McAllen as the Grand Marshalls of the Christmas parade on Saturday.

i know wrapping up the #1 seed is important too, and we've already kinda hit on this but I'd really like to see some sorta plan in place to cut back some reps of guys we absolutely cannot afford to lose down the stretch.
Macarthur
BassCowboy33 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Free is free next year. I wonder if they consider moving Martin out to RT?
BassCowboy33
Macarthur said:

BassCowboy33 said:

grapespda2525 said:

Free is free next year. I wonder if they consider moving Martin out to RT?

You got a grading out as one of the two or three best players at his position, you don't move him unless you have to. I imagine that is a position that they'll attack in free agency.
BassCowboy33
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jteagle said:

DSAg44 said:

i know wrapping up the #1 seed is important too, and we've already kinda hit on this but I'd really like to see some sorta plan in place to cut back some reps of guys we absolutely cannot afford to lose down the stretch.

That is a helluva long way from Dallas. McAllen is no fun for anybody:
samurai_science
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-rolando-mcclain-suspended-drug-policy-jerry-jones-120216

Cowboys' Rolando McClain suspended indefinitely by NFL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.