*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,423 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

grapespda2525 said:

I think the Cowboys could beat NY at home. I think the cold / snowy weather helped the Giants in our last game more then it helped the Cowboys.
i know any reasonable person can argue back "why would you think you can comfortably beat a team whose beaten you two times before?" but for some reason i really just think Dallas would take the Giants down in a 3rd meet. the team i really wana avoid right now in that divisional round is GB. but things change week to week in the NFL so maybe they look like crap next week and there's a different team we are talking about.
The Cowboys lost those games by 4 points combined. Also, "it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a season" or words to that effect.
jtstanley4621
AG
Unfortunately if there's anyone that could derp their way into accidentally beating a team 3 times in one season, it would be Eli Manning.

I agree though, Green Bay seems to now be hot at the right time. They could go on a big time run.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Is Claiborne expected back at any point this season? Just having fresh legs out there in the secondary could help everyone. Additionally, what about Crawford and Lawrence?
yes, there was talk last week that if they really needed him in Philly next week he could go. so i think he'll be good to go for the divisional round.

on JJ Wilcox its amazing how many fewer times this season we have said "wtf is that dude doing? he's garbage"

there was actual talk of him being released back in training camp believe it or not. and now, instead the next time he has a contract come up he's probably going to parlay that into good money with another team who will end up overpaying for him.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, Wilcox is the perfect example of a guy that will play for a good team, make multiple "flashy" plays (in his case, hits) that gets him noticed. Becomes a free agent and somebody will pay him like a starting safety and not get their money's worth.

Gotta give the coaches credit for knowing his strengths and weaknesses and getting the best out of him!
BassCowboy33
I'm praying that Stafford plays the game of his life next Sunday. Keep Green Bay out.
jtstanley4621
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

I'm praying that Stafford plays the game of his life next Sunday. Keep Green Bay out.
Unfortunately I don't see that happening. It would be the most Lions ever thing to lose to them next week. Go through all that stuff and Stafford getting hurt and battling through it and then blow it against Green Bay.
jr15aggie
AG
The Lions last night reminded me of some of the disappointing Romo teams that managed to miss the playoffs. That game was all Stafford last night... at times they we all over the best team in the NFC, but they relied way too heavily on their QB. Once we started getting to him and once we changed our coverage none of the other guys stepped up. They kept waiting for Stafford to bail them out again and we absolutely buried them at that point!

That's definitely how some of the Romo teams were. Romo was the miracle man, but as soon as he threw a pick or couldn't magically escape a sack the team started to crumble.

Perhaps that's one of the big differences between Stafford / Romo & Dak... Some guys try and lead by being the best and doing it all... and maybe others lead by being the best and also making sure everybody else is at their best also! I dunno.
Rudyjax
AG
That did remind me of the Cowboys. They went away from the run way too early. And it was working.
ce1994
AG
You are looking at Houston talk radio blowing up if the Cowboys come down there and win the Superbowl.
BassCowboy33
Some notes from the JG Presser this afternoon:

1. Tyron and McClain are both OUT this week.

2. Did not rule out Romo playing. Said "we would like for everyone to see the field".

3. Said that the starters will play. Elaboarated that there are only 46 spots on the roster, so many key guys will have to play.

4. Kyle Wilber will see time as a rush end to make up for Dline injuries.

5. Anthony Brown is fine.
Mozart Paintings
AG
McClain?
jtstanley4621
AG
Still don't see in what scenario you'd have the starters play more than a half. This game could not matter less and it would be the most Philly thing ever to have some kind of late, dirty hit on a player of consequence.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I drove bus said:

McClain?
Terrell
Rudyjax
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Still don't see in what scenario you'd have the starters play more than a half. This game could not matter less and it would be the most Philly thing ever to have some kind of late, dirty hit on a player of consequence.

Who will you replace them with? Its just not possible.
jtstanley4621
AG
Unthought Known said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Who would I replace the starters with? The backups.....
jteagle
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Unthought Known said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Who would I replace the starters with? The backups.....
The OLine has two backups active for most games. The DLine already plays everyone because of the rotation. Most of the DBs play also because of the different packages as do the WRs. So in reality you could safely sit a few individuals but "sitting the starters" is pretty much impossible in the NFL. This isn't college.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

The Lions last night reminded me of some of the disappointing Romo teams that managed to miss the playoffs. That game was all Stafford last night... at times they we all over the best team in the NFC, but they relied way too heavily on their QB. Once we started getting to him and once we changed our coverage none of the other guys stepped up. They kept waiting for Stafford to bail them out again and we absolutely buried them at that point!

That's definitely how some of the Romo teams were. Romo was the miracle man, but as soon as he threw a pick or couldn't magically escape a sack the team started to crumble.

Perhaps that's one of the big differences between Stafford / Romo & Dak... Some guys try and lead by being the best and doing it all... and maybe others lead by being the best and also making sure everybody else is at their best also! I dunno.
Did you read your own post up until this point "Perhaps that's one of the big differences between Stafford / Romo & Dak"

Dak has PLENTY of other guys to step up and make plays.
jr15aggie
AG
PatAg said:

jr15aggie said:

Did you read your own post up until this point "Perhaps that's one of the big differences between Stafford / Romo & Dak"

Yeah, that's what I was saying at the end. The difference between Dak vs. Stafford/Romo. Not only does Dak play well, but his teammates also rise to the occasion. I've never questioned Romo's leadership, especially leadership by example, but we've seen the players around him flounder more than once. But you gotta give it to Dak... going back to Miss. State, Dak's teams play ball for him. All evidence suggests Dak just has that special something about his leadership.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

PatAg said:

jr15aggie said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying at the end. The difference between Dak vs. Stafford/Romo. Not only does Dak play well, but his teammates also rise to the occasion. I've never questioned Romo's leadership, especially leadership by example, but we've seen the players around him flounder more than once. But you gotta give it to Dak... going back to Miss. State, Dak's teams play ball for him. All evidence suggests Dak just has that special something about his leadership.
No, you still misunderstand. Dak has very good players around him right now, regardless of how well Dak is playing. Your whole point was that Stafford and Romo didn't, so when they finally make a mistake their is no one to step up. That point was correct.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right. Thise guys aren't stepping up because Dak is farting leadership fairy dust on them while Romo and Stafford dry fire. They are stepping up because they are great players. Zeke alone is an incredible difference-maker.
Rudyjax
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Right. Thise guys aren't stepping up because Dak is farting leadership fairy dust on them while Romo and Stafford dry fire. They are stepping up because they are great players. Zeke alone is an incredible difference-maker.
Leadership is overrated.

So when the Cowboys lose, and they will lose, it's because Dak isn't as good of a leader?

I'm not saying he's not a leader. I'm saying that not once has Dak had to take the team on his back this season like Romo and Stafford are/were forced to.

The Cowboys are really freaking good on offense, and Dak is a part of it. But they're not really freaking good exclusively because of Dak.

But I get you, most people are short sighted on things like this, so no worries.

BassCowboy33
Dak's greatest attribute isn't his leadership. It's his ability to not turn the ball over. It's basically to the point now where if the Oline (cough cough Witten and Free cough cough) don't commit drive killing penalties, they're nearly unstoppable.

Players aren't playing harder for Dak. The team is simply wiser with more experience in the trenches than two years ago. Also, remember that team was probably 13-3 or 14-2 if Romo doesn't get injured. Health is key.
Rudyjax
AG
Great point.
PooDoo
AG
Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

Haven't seen the 2nd half yet but I'm surprised they finally use a pass from Dez in a meaningless game.

I don't think they plan on using trick plays to win in the playoffs. If they do, I'm sure they have more than just that one. I could see a throw back to Dak. I think that was more of a "lets have some fun" moment. Kansas City did something similar.
A "lets have some fun" and a "look, here's something else you need to worry about" moment for upcoming opponents.

Exactly. I think sometimes people don't understand the game. The next time Dez comes around on the end around, the linebacker has to cover Witten until Dez crosses the line.

So you show your WR pass so the reverse will work next time?
We hoping Dez can pick up 5-10 extra yards on a reverse now because they have to cover Witten?
BassCowboy33
PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

Haven't seen the 2nd half yet but I'm surprised they finally use a pass from Dez in a meaningless game.

I don't think they plan on using trick plays to win in the playoffs. If they do, I'm sure they have more than just that one. I could see a throw back to Dak. I think that was more of a "lets have some fun" moment. Kansas City did something similar.
A "lets have some fun" and a "look, here's something else you need to worry about" moment for upcoming opponents.

Exactly. I think sometimes people don't understand the game. The next time Dez comes around on the end around, the linebacker has to cover Witten until Dez crosses the line.

We hoping Dez can pick up 5-10 extra yards on a reverse now because they have to cover Witten?

I doubt that's the extent of the Cowboys trick plays.
Rudyjax
AG
PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

So you're saying that 5 yards isn't important on 3rd and 4?
MooreTrucker
AG
PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

Yeah, it's pretty basic coaching strategy.
Rudyjax
AG
And anytime Dez goes into motion you need to account for both the end around and the pass from him.
Phat32
AG
So Dak and Sanchez will play but no Romo? Wtf?
MicheIangeIo
AG
toucan82 said:

14-2

Mark it down
bump
MicheIangeIo
AG
PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

how do you know it isn't an option play?
MicheIangeIo
AG
Order of teams I would want to play in playoffs starting with most favorable matchup imo

1. Lions
2. Bucs
3. Falcons
4. Washington
5. Seattle
6. Green Bay
7. Giants

Unlikely Giants could beat the Cowboys 3 times in a row but I still don't want to relive 2007
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Leadership is overrated.

No, its not. NEVER.
Macarthur
rasher said:

I think they are wanting to minimize any opportunity to lessen his trade value, be it rust, diminished skills or injury.
BassCowboy33
Macarthur said:

rasher said:

I think they are wanting to minimize any opportunity to lessen his trade value, be it rust, diminished skills or injury.

This.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.