*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,394 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Lockett on Seattle is done for the year. Nasty broken leg.

Injury bug biting Seattle this year. No tears here... I want to be in the Super Bowl and they are one of 5 teams in the way.
Gigem Trevas
jr15aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Lockett on Seattle is done for the year. Nasty broken leg.

Injury bug biting Seattle this year. No tears here... I want to be in the Super Bowl and they are one of 5 teams in the way.

They get enough help from the officials as it is. Cry me a river.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Carr and Marriota both maybe done for the year.

Makes you wonder more about best way to go about the resting vs playing strategy.

Tough losses for both clubs
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Carr and Marriota both maybe done for the year.

Makes you wonder more about best way to go about the resting vs playing strategy.

Tough losses for both clubs

Not gonna lie...it does give me pause. No way I want to see Dak going off on a cart in a meaningless game.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
the 2 guys to me that are just really really bad if we lose are Lee and Tyron Smith.
Grapesoda2525
I'm sure some people will disagree, but I hope Seattle falls to the 4 seed. Just hear me out.

Seattle would likely draw the Giants at home and because of HFA I think the Seahawks would have a great chance to win. Seattle is terrible on the road and doesn't have much of a running game. I think we could take them. The 2 teams I don't want to see the most are the skins and falcons because of their explosive offenses.
Gigem Trevas
DSAg44 said:

anybody see the resemblance to the year bledsoe went down and brady took over??? yes, i think it is exactly the same!!! i think we win it all this year. dak looks better than most veteran qbs right now. heck, i'd say he looks much better than brady did in his first preseason.

hand me another glass....
Gigem Trevas
Reading the first few pages of this thread is great.
jteagle
AG
ce1994 said:

Dak Prescott could very well work out. He had Mississippi State No. 1 in the country. Without him they will suck balls. But he is not ready now. And if the Cowboys are 7-1 when Romo gets his spleen knocked out of his back then the Cowboys finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

And if I am wrong (which I hope to hell I am) post this sucker in bold and ride me like a bull.

Merry Christmas everybody!
BassCowboy33
jteagle said:

ce1994 said:

Dak Prescott could very well work out. He had Mississippi State No. 1 in the country. Without him they will suck balls. But he is not ready now. And if the Cowboys are 7-1 when Romo gets his spleen knocked out of his back then the Cowboys finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

And if I am wrong (which I hope to hell I am) post this sucker in bold and ride me like a bull.

To be fair, this was pretty much a consensus opinion at the time.
jteagle
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

jteagle said:

ce1994 said:

To be fair, this was pretty much a consensus opinion at the time.
I'm not arguing that but I am just following instructions to "post this sucker in bold".
Bullmoose
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quote:

Three things from Saturday:

- Dak and Jameil both looked good...helps make watching a preseason game much less of a beating.

- Chaz - still some time but based on what we saw Saturday there's a pretty good chance he's another wasted top 100 pick.

- Nzeocha - or however you spell it...he didn't look awful. Might be some much needed LB depth.

hate to sound like a Cowboys snob but i really to detest some other Cowboys fans. i've seen so much talk on social media today from dumbasses who are already wanting to dump Romo for Dak.
LOL
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Makes for a good lol moment now but at the time we didn't have near the look on Dak as we do now. Obviously if anyone else thought he'd be that good he'd have been drafted higher. Combine that with some Cowboys fans penchant for wanting to lay the blame for the evils of the world on Romos doorstep and im sure any reasonable person can see where that came from.
jteagle
AG
I just goes to show that nobody really knows much before the season starts. Even the "experts" didn't predict this once Romo went down.

I think it is kinda funny to go back and see how most of us overreact when the truth is you just never know until the games are played! It's even funnier when some state as a fact.

Merry Christmas!
Rudyjax
AG
It is a ridiculous opinion to say a rookie will play as good as he has. It's pretty much the best rookie season in HISTORY.

TheCougarHunter
AG
Yes the experts also thought Romo would never see the field, being an UDFA on the bench behind the likes of Drew Henson and Quincy Carter.

You never know until they step out on the field on game day.
Bullmoose
AG

jr15aggie
AG
Unthought Known said:

It's pretty much the best rookie season in HISTORY.

Hadn't really thought about I that way... But seriously, what rookie QB has had a better year? I think Brady was a 2nd year guy when he took over. I think Marino was pretty awesome as a rookie too. But Dak is definitely top 2 or 3 rookie QBs of all time.

Amazing!
Rudyjax
AG
Daks numbers are better and Marino only player in 11 games.

Name another.
ac
Ben Roethlisberger had an incredible year as a rookie. He & Marino are the only 2 I can think of that would be comparable to Dak.
InternetFan02
AG
Throw in Russell Wilson but Dak is better than them all so far
Grapesoda2525
I would actually like to see Detroit win tomorrow. The Cowboys have nothing to play for and the health of the team is of the utmost importance. In addition, Detroit seems like a team that is slipping and I'd like it if we let them win to assure them a spot in the playoff field. The lions play the packers next week and if we beat the lions, the team that would benefit? The redskins........ I hate that team. They are a bunch of dirty thugs and their offense has shredded our defense in both games this year. The skins gave us all we could handle in both games and I don't want to see that team coming to town in January.

I'd rather play the packers ( no defense), Lions ( Stafford has a messed up finger and they have no defense), or the Giants / Seahawks ( hopefully Seattle because they're terrible on the road) over the Redskins.
Rudyjax
AG
InternetFan02 said:

Throw in Russell Wilson but Dak is better than them all so far

Close. The only statistic Russell beats him in is TDs. But both are absolutely exception and not the rule when it comes to QB play.
PooDoo
AG
ac said:

Ben Roethlisberger had an incredible year as a rookie. He & Marino are the only 2 I can think of that would be comparable to Dak.

If I'm remembering correctly those guys stepped into a veteran team with established leaders. What Dak and Zeke are doing on the field and in the locker is something new.
ac
PooDoo said:

ac said:

If I'm remembering correctly those guys stepped into a veteran team with established leaders. What Dak and Zeke are doing on the field and in the locker is something new.
In Zeke's case, it's not unusual for a rookie RB to excel and help his team to a championship. Tony Dorsett in 1977 is a good example.

But for a rookie QB, it's very rare. Yes, in the cases of Marino & Big Ben, they were on contending teams that didn't have solid QBs. So it was easier, no question. In the case of Dak, it's 50/50. The Cowboys went 12-4 in 2014. Their slippage in 2015 was mostly due to a QB injury so the argument about veterans & leadership could be made here also. I might add that playing behind the Cowboys' OL doesn't hurt. However, Marino & Big Ben were 1st round picks while Dak was a 4th which makes this a very unusual phenomenon. Especially since the Cowboys got Zeke in the first round which creates an unheard of phenomenon of 2 high profile rookies.
snowdog90
R-burger was nowhere near as good as a rookie as Dak. Steelers had #1 defense and Jerome Bettis. Ben threw about 20 passes a game. In his second-year SB win, Ben had a 9 qb-rating. Yes, that is a 9, nine, as in almost 10.

Ben is great now, but he wasn't great then. Marino is different, obviously.
Olsen
AG
13-2! One more game to go...
Marco Esquandolas
AG
toucan82 said:

14-2

Mark it down
jtstanley4621
AG
No reason for smith to play the rest of the way. I'd give the starters a half in Philly, and then that's it
jr15aggie
AG
At this point, David Irving is no fluke. The light has come on for that guy at the most crucial time. Can't wait to get the rest of our Dline healthy and rotating these fresh legs.

This defense is starting to really turn it on!
NukeAg10
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

No reason for smith to play the rest of the way. I'd give the starters a half in Philly, and then that's it

Smith doesn't play, rest of offense plays 1st half. Lee should be up to Garrett.

Irving is playing for a contract next year, and I say let him continue to do it.
NukeAg10
AG
Zero points for the lions for the last 3 quarters. Marinelli is the dude.
Ag Natural
AG
You all realize it's not possible to rest all starters o either side of the ball. Typically only 6 or 7 lineman are active on both sides of the ball.
PatAg
AG
Ag Natural said:

You all realize it's not possible to rest all starters o either side of the ball. Typically only 6 or 7 lineman are active on both sides of the ball.
I saw Jason Garrett's press conference too.
NukeAg10
AG
PatAg said:

Ag Natural said:

I saw Jason Garrett's press conference too.

Don't have to be an NFL HC to understand that you can't rest everyone.

Dak was a monster today. With that said, he took a lot of hits. Dak, tyron smith, and Sean Lee should play zero snaps against Philly. Zeke should play no more than 2-3 series.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.