*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,303 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Out in Left Field
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
grapespda2525 said:

This "great season" is loser talk in my opinion. If you are the #1 seed and consistently look like the strongest team in the NFC all year long and you don't win a single playoff game? That season is a colossal failure.

Word.
PatAg
AG
grapespda2525 said:

This "great season" is loser talk in my opinion. If you are the #1 seed and consistently look like the strongest team in the NFC all year long and you don't win a single playoff game? That season is a colossal failure.
Great season is something you say when you are talking about it in like March or some ***** Right now it ****ing sucks. You don't get the #1 seed that often, we had all of the offense healthy, and most of the defense.
duck79
AG
I hate the talk of "we will be good next year and have plenty of time left". It's the NFL and unless you are New England you have to take advantage of the opportunities you have. There is no guarantee that Lee will ever make it thru another full season or that all of your offensive playmakers will be 100% come playoff time. You had everything lined up for you and you spiked the ball with a minute left then rushed 3 against the hottest QB there can be at a time you had to make him uncomfortable. Ugh. Rant over
DannyDuberstein
AG
Dak showed a ton of guts in bringing them back

The substitution mistakes on the first half were KILLER. One extended GB's first drive. one ended one of their drives. Another one cost them a TO that would have been incredibly valuable at the end of the 1st. And the clock play jist killed me. Every NFL team should have another quick play in its 2 minute drill. Clocking it with 49 seconds was a checkers vs chess decision
CSWendt
Spike didn't lose the game. Rushing 3 didn't lose the game. They were just plays that didn't go our way. If we had picked up a 1st down on the drive then spiking it would have looked like a great play to save a timeout and time. If we had rushed more than 3 and he hit us for a big gain then we would be yelling "why rush that many!!"

Sometimes plays just don't go your way. This was that game.
NukeAg10
AG
The 3rd and 20 was it. Cowboys defense gives that up, and that's all you need to know.

Gotta draft a pass rusher, and more, on defense.
NukeAg10
AG
Zero reason to blame the cowboys offense, minus the awful playcalling.
bilbobag
From an outsiders perspective, the spike was awful. They had a TO, had plenty of time, and the biggest, you just can't give Rodgers a chance to beat. You are at home, take your chances in OT. Just my thoughts..

Who called the spike? Was it Dak or did it get discussed and was told by Garrett?
DannyDuberstein
AG
It had to be Garrett and Linehan. No qb's are getting that leash
DannyDuberstein
AG
You dont see NFL teams clock the ball that early unless it was a huge gainer and getting your team downfield and not out-of-breath is an issue. That one was 10 yards. Something quick and to the outside (like what they ran right after it) is the move there.
bilbobag
Also I can see being upset with the utilization of Zeke but they were having so much success with Dez.. would have like to see a couple more runs on that drive and then play action to DeZ in the end zone.
corleoneAg99
AG
The spike = odd.

Getting down 21-3 at home off a bye = bad.

That cannot happen.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My main issue with Zeke's usage was on 3rd and 2 on the first drive. When you're at your opponents 30-40 yardline, that is a perfect time to run him twice. And at that point of the game, you're looking to establish your will and keep Rodgers off the field. Made no sense.
bilbobag
Fair point.. coaching
Reginald Cousins
S
corleoneAg99 said:

The spike = odd.

That cannot happen.

This. And as bad as our D is, the offense helped little as well in that.

Can't get in that funk that early.
bilbobag
Part of the problem is Green Bay made you play their style of a game and getting behind the 8 ball early didn't help. Better utilization of Zeke in the third and early fourth would have been huge and keep Rodgers off the field
DannyDuberstein
AG
My issue is there is basically no amount of trailing in the 1st half that should blow up your gameplan already (unless that gameplan was just bad - ie Zeke couldnt run). If you can reasonabky get within 2 scores before the half, you're fine. You're likely to get 6-8 possessions in the 2nd half. No reason to freak out in the first half

Either way, my main issue was not hsing Zeke to impose their will on 3rd and 2 on the first drive.
Ag12thman
AG
bilbobag said:

Part of the problem is Green Bay made you play their style of a game and getting behind the 8 ball early didn't help. Better utilization of Zeke in the third and early fourth would have been huge and keep Rodgers off the field
Poorly coached and bad gameplan, IMO. I put that on Garrett. He does nothing but stand on the sideline and chew gum, clap, and high-five players. Is he involved at all with making sure the gameplan is a good one????
Jimmy Conway
jr15aggie said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

31-30 GB

This ain't the Aggies son! Get that crap outta here.

Looks like Orly got the closest. Unfortunately.
jtstanley4621
AG
We're set up to basically need to draft only defense next season. But does that make this loss any less horrible? Nope. Packers got every single lucky break in that game. but that being said, there is no guarantee that Zeke's production doesn't drop a bit and that Dak takes the next step.
bigcat22
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

The spike = odd.

That cannot happen.
jtstanley4621
AG
Ag12thman said:

bilbobag said:

Poorly coached and bad gameplan, IMO. I put that on Garrett. He does nothing but stand on the sideline and chew gum, clap, and high-five players. Is he involved at all with making sure the gameplan is a good one????

He does basically nothing at all. I like his assistants, but as a head coach he does absolutely nothing extra
bilbobag
Fair point. Really good teams mirror their coaches demeanor.. I think Garrett got a little uncomfortable getting down so early. Really good teams don't freak out
Ag12thman
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Ag12thman said:

bilbobag said:

He does basically nothing at all. I like his assistants, but as a head coach he does absolutely nothing extra
I agree and I tell my brother this all the time and he argues back that he's gonna be the coach of the year. Well, give it to Linehan (sp?), because there is no way Garrett did much of anything at all. That gameplan was bad, bad, bad.
Grapesoda2525
The personal foul for joining the huddle and leaving it was so ridiculous

I've never seen it happen to an NFL team before this game.

Coaches lost this game without a doubt

They should've been ready for Rogers and his catch them substituting crap
CrazyDayDuck
Watching Linehan and Garrett is like watching Dumb and Dumber.

The team would be infinitely better off letting Dak call the plays in the huddle. At least Dak isn't stupid enough to call for three straight passes in the red zone when Zeke was killing it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I really don't understand why it would be more than a 5 yard illegal substitution penalty. At most. Makes no sense. At worst, it's like having 12 men in the huddle.
Ag12thman
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Watching Linehan and Garrett is like watching Dumb and Dumber.

The team would be infinitely better off letting Dak call the plays in the huddle. At least Dak isn't stupid enough to call for three straight passes in the red zone when Zeke was killing it.
Amen. Romo would call the plays a lot. They need to just turn the O over to Dak next year. They both are bozos when it comes to play-calling.
BowSowy
AG
Nevermind the spike (which was awful), the decision to not feed Zeke on 3rd and 3 with a timeout was a bad one. Play to win the ****ing game and do it using the guy who got you there. At worst, he doesn't get it and you let the clock run down before a FG attempt. At best, he gets the first down, you call the timeout, and you are back in business.
MooreTrucker
AG
grapespda2525 said:

And I think "championship or failure" is loser talk. As was said above, we ran into the hottest QB and the hottest team. It happens, and it doesn't destroy the team.

But if you want to be miserable, far be it from me to try to convince you otherwise.
jtstanley4621
AG
Ag12thman said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Ag12thman said:

bilbobag said:

I agree and I tell my brother this all the time and he argues back that he's gonna be the coach of the year. Well, give it to Linehan (sp?), because there is no way Garrett did much of anything at all. That gameplan was bad, bad, bad.

I think the model for what our team should be, coaching and foundation, is the steelers. Tomlin is a CEO kind of coach, but they have great assistant and a great offense along with a good solid defense for the most part. I would take Tomlin as my head coach in a heartbeat
Ag Natural
AG
MooreTrucker said:

grapespda2525 said:

And I think "championship or failure" is loser talk. As was said above, we ran into the hottest QB and the hottest team. It happens, and it doesn't destroy the team.

But if you want to be miserable, far be it from me to try to convince you otherwise.

See last year for colossal failure. These guys were picked to win 6 after Romo went down and made the divisional round. It's extremely disappointing today mostly because this team appears good enough to win it all. But they weren't the clear favorites by any means.
MSCAg
AG
Our rookie QB and running back, with a no name took us to the playoffs. Sucks to lose but more optimist as a fan then I've been in a couple years.
Ag12thman
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Ag12thman said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Ag12thman said:

bilbobag said:

I think the model for what our team should be, coaching and foundation, is the steelers. Tomlin is a CEO kind of coach, but they have great assistant and a great offense along with a good solid defense for the most part. I would take Tomlin as my head coach in a heartbeat
You and me both. That guy at least looks intense and seems involved with the play-calling. Garrett stands there, grinning, chewing gum, and says NOTHING into his headset.

Steelers are like the Patriots and in the hunt every single year despite the off-season changes.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Quote:

See last year for colossal failure. These guys were picked to win 6 after Romo went down and made the divisional round. It's extremely disappointing today mostly because this team appears good enough to win it all. But they weren't the clear favorites by any means.

Yes, we were the clear favorites. We were clearly the better team NFL our coaching staff ****ed it up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.