*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,382 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like Dak is officially the starter after the bye?
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

David Irving named NFC Defensive player of the week... and he only played 19 snaps!

3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 1 batted ball, 4 tackles... in 19 snaps. Yep, that outta do it!
Not bad for a guy off the street. Isn't he the one who came in for a street tryout last year and just kept making plays?
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

jr15aggie said:

David Irving named NFC Defensive player of the week... and he only played 19 snaps!

3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 1 batted ball, 4 tackles... in 19 snaps. Yep, that outta do it!
Not bad for a guy off the street. Isn't he the one who came in for a street tryout last year and just kept making plays?
I think we got him off somebody elses practice squad, but not really sure. Guy is HUGE though and they are trying to turn him into something.
PooDoo
AG
We picked him up from the Chiefs. Another Will McClay special.
jr15aggie
AG
They were talking a lot about him yesterday. Kicked-off Iowa State's team as a senior for being a knucklehead apparently. And yes, we stole him from Kansas City's practice squad
BassCowboy33
Irving was good when healthy last season as well.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Dak still checks in and out of plays, but I would imagine he has a lot less leash than Romo was doing. And defenses are so sophisticated these days that I think sometimes offenses outsmart themselves at the LOS and get baited into certain predictable tendencies. I do think that has been an issue at times with Romo and Garrett.
Yes, Dak has option at the line of scrimmage... they call in simple checks for QBs to make at the line (kill kill kill, etc.). But Romo had much more freedom than that. And you said it best, I think several times we changed it to our peril. So many times I've seen Romo do all this pointing and changing at the line and when the play is run it's complete garbage.

I like the games I see Linehan playing with the opposing defenses... he gets them off balance early and keeps it going. It's worked really great and if Romo gets in the last thing I want is to see Romo start calling his own plays!

I'd imagine as time goes on, you'll see Dak do the same. It's pretty much common place for the QB these days.
jtstanley4621
AG
You know who I think deserves some credit that people aren't really talking about? Ronald Leary. I think Collins is probably more talented than he is, but he has stepped in and the line hasn't missed a beat, if not gotten a little bit better.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

You know who I think deserves some credit that people aren't really talking about? Ronald Leary. I think Collins is probably more talented than he is, but he has stepped in and the line hasn't missed a beat, if not gotten a little bit better.

Yup dude is playing very well.

Contract year so hes gona cash in big time.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jaylon Smith sure has some cryptic (but positive sounding) tweets recently. i'm guessing the Cowboys are nearing some sort of deadline with deciding what to do with him.
Macarthur
Cowboys have restructured Free's contract.

Could mean a couple of things. He's most likely going to be here next year so there's that.

On another Cowboys site, someone mentioned they heard rumors that Dallas may be trying to package McFadden to GB for Peppers.
BassCowboy33
Macarthur said:

Could mean a couple of things. He's most likely going to be here next year so there's that.

On another Cowboys site, someone mentioned they heard rumors that Dallas may be trying to package McFadden to GB for Peppers.

People like to rag on Doug Free, but he's a quite serviceable RT. Not bad by any means. He's just the unfortunate guy who plays next to 3-4 pro bowlers.
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

I've been wondering about McFadden to GB. They are desperate for a RB and if MF is healthy he is by far the best on the available market. Plus he's useless at this point in Dallas due to the studs in front of him. My only hesitation is why make GB any stronger?
RedlineAg08
He's a good run blocker. He gets whipped relentlessly by athletic DEs in pass protection.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

user or like a moderator/insider?

this would make a ton of sense if they can close it.

best of all, for the rest of you....you can finally stop hearing me whine about a pass rusher which i've been doing since January!
Macarthur
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Macarthur said:

user or like a moderator/insider?

this would make a ton of sense if they can close it.

best of all, for the rest of you....you can finally stop hearing me whine about a pass rusher which i've been doing since January!

I don't believe it was a moderator so I'm not putting too much stock into it. It sure does seem that Cowboys need to try and make the most of having a position of strength at RB.
Macarthur
Fisher is now saying that he has not heard anything about this at The Star. Maybe just fans blowing smoke, although it does seem to make some sense to both teams. And typically, this would be an odd time to restructure a contract unless you were looking to try and make some sort of a deal work.
Señor Chang
AG
I guess the Packers trading for Knile Davis ends that McFadden rumor. Any other teams in need of a RB?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
as i watch the Vikes vs Eagles i'm thinking Dallas really might be the class of the NFC right now. even without that dominant pass rusher.

but just to be sure, they should still go get one.
TyHolden
AG
Seor Chang said:

I guess the Packers trading for Knile Davis ends that McFadden rumor. Any other teams in need of a RB?
trade romo and McFadden to packers as they need a qb now that the air in footballs is regulated as doublcheck is wothless now without full balls
Macarthur

as i watch the Vikes vs Eagles i'm thinking Dallas really might be the class of the NFC right now. even without that dominant pass rusher.

Agre. I think Dallas goes into philly and gets a win.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

End of the year? Next week is in Dallas.
jr15aggie
AG
I think Dallas believes they can beat anybody right now and that makes me smile.
Panama Red
AG
Cowboys -4.5
jr15aggie
AG
The Washington loss was big for Dallas because if we can beat Philly next week we will have, at least, a full 2 game lead on everybody in the NFC East and Philly will be 0-2 in the division. Big game!
Macarthur

Macarthur said:

End of the year? Next week is in Dallas.
Ok. Thought it was at philly.
PooDoo
AG
So Dez cut up his hand chopping carrots for a soup.
gougler08
AG
PooDoo said:

Can't make this **** up with him
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

That was like last week. Did you just now hear about it or has something else developed in the story? It was reported as a non-issue and he simply had a couple fingers taped up last week.

In other injury news, the Eagles just lost a CB for the year. As always, I never like hearing this for the players, but from a non personal team perspective, I'll count every injury for our rivals as a win for us. Lord knows we've certainly had plenty of serious injuries the last few years.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

PooDoo said:

That was like last week. Did you just now hear about it or has something else developed in the story? It was reported as a non-issue and he simply had a couple fingers taped up last week.

In other injury news, the Eagles just lost a CB for the year. As always, I never like hearing this for the players, but from a non personal team perspective, I'll count every injury for our rivals as a win for us. Lord knows we've certainly had plenty of serious injuries the last few years.

Yeah, we've moved on to Morris Claiborne partaking in practice. Keep up.
BassCowboy33
Macarthur said:

Fisher is now saying that he has not heard anything about this at The Star. Maybe just fans blowing smoke, although it does seem to make some sense to both teams. And typically, this would be an odd time to restructure a contract unless you were looking to try and make some sort of a deal work.

Mike Fisher is the Cowboys equivalent of Fat Ketch.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
as much as Dallas in reality needs that DE, i think its becoming pretty evident they aren't going to make the move.

i think over at "The Star" they truly believe they are the class of the conference right now and don't need to make any moves that might shake up the cap or mess w team chemistry.

i'll continue to stick with my thought that not adding that one pass rusher is going to come back to haunt this team in the playoffs.
gougler08
AG

as much as Dallas in reality needs that DE, i think its becoming pretty evident they aren't going to make the move.

i think over at "The Star" they truly believe they are the class of the conference right now and don't need to make any moves that might shake up the cap or mess w team chemistry.

i'll continue to stick with my thought that not adding that one pass rusher is going to come back to haunt this team in the playoffs.
As an outsider, it's hard to say they aren't the top of the NFC right now. Seattle has serious problems on offense, they already beat Green Bay, and Minnesota's O Line is going to get Bradford broken in half. If they beat Philly on Sunday then they are on a good path to a top seed, which is absolutely amazing to me
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gougler08 said:

As an outsider, it's hard to say they aren't the top of the NFC right now. Seattle has serious problems on offense, they already beat Green Bay, and Minnesota's O Line is going to get Bradford broken in half. If they beat Philly on Sunday then they are on a good path to a top seed, which is absolutely amazing to me
yup
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

jr15aggie said:

PooDoo said:

Yeah, we've moved on to Morris Claiborne partaking in practice. Keep up.

I haven't been keeping up with local broadcasts or twitter lately.

I do find it hard to believe. Sounds like a "Fix this Rich!" scenario to me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.