*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,433 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did the Jets tag Richardson or sign him long term?
Didn't the Pats kind of set the market for a top defender on a 1 year deal?
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Reportedly Cowboys passed on Richardson due to price.

I'm assuming you are talking about Sheldon Richardson? And by price I assume you mean asking price.

If so, then good for the Cowboys. D-line is a big need for them, but it has to be for the right price. No way I'm sacrificing a top draft pick for a guy the Jets are willing to part with. I know little about the guy, but my understanding is he's talented but his off the field stuff and/or locker room stuff makes the team question if he's worth it.

And before we go off saying he'd be worth the risk for a 6th or 7th rounder, we got Anthony Brown in the 6th round this year.

Yeah, they were right to pass.

I will say this...I think they are actually in decent shape at DT. The real need is DE, but he doesn't offer you much at DE, IMO.
RedlineAg08
Lol he's worth a 6th or 7th and the Cowboys would have given that in a millisecond.. They likely wanted a 2nd or 3rd. Maybe more
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Well the dream of adding that difference maker at end is over. Gota roll w what we have now.
bonfarr
AG
What difference maker do you keep expecting to materialize? Noone wants to give those away and if they do you have to give up more than they are worth and you don't know how it will work out.
PooDoo
AG
bonfarr said:

What difference maker do you keep expecting to materialize? Noone wants to give those away and if they do you have to give up more than they are worth and you don't know how it will work out.
Ummm...

bonfarr
AG
One has 1 sack and the other has 1.5 In 2016. Your definition of difference maker is obviously not the same as mine. Cleveland gave up a 3rd Rd pick for a head case that has 1 sack in 8 weeks, awesome trade.

That is teams unloading garbage they don't want.
PooDoo
AG
You said difference maker not perfect choir boy player.

Chandler Jones wouldve been a difference maker.

So would Richardson or Collins.

Charles Haley doesn't get shipped out of town when things are going great.
bonfarr
AG
We have guys on the roster that are producing at the level of the guys you mentioned, you don't give up high draft picks for a couple of jags.
PooDoo
AG
If you think Collins & Shelton are jags then I'll let you continue in your bliss.
Enviroag02
AG
So with Church and Claiborne both out, should we be concerned with Terrelle Pryor this week? He will test the coverage and tackling skills of this secondary.

To be fair...the Browns arent good enough in all phases of the game to beat this Cowboys team, but they certainly have some talent.
bonfarr
AG
PooDoo said:

If you think Collins & Shelton are jags then I'll let you continue in your bliss.

I sack in 8 games, do you think Benson Mayowa is a difference maker too?
jr15aggie
AG
Hey guys, guess who has the worst defense in the NFL and gives up 140+ rushing yards per game... I'll give you a hint, it starts with _ and ends with Cleveland.
gougler08
AG
Enviroag02 said:

So with Church and Claiborne both out, should we be concerned with Terrelle Pryor this week? He will test the coverage and tackling skills of this secondary.

To be fair...the Browns arent good enough in all phases of the game to beat this Cowboys team, but they certainly have some talent.
My fantasy team certainly hopes so
RedlineAg08
He's playing middle linebacker sometimes.. They're using him all over the field to keep him on the field because they have an embarrassment of riches on the DLine
Ag Natural
AG
To me the concern is chemistry. Don't mess with it. If all we wanted was some talent then we could bring Hardy back. Collins looks like a super talented guy who doesn't take coaching well. This defense is predicated on effort and soundness.
PatAg
AG
gougler08 said:

Enviroag02 said:

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with fantasy football.
Gigem Trevas
PatAg said:

gougler08 said:

Enviroag02 said:

He likes Houston sports the only championships they win are in fantasy football.
Reginald Cousins
S
Enviroag02 said:

If Corey Coleman is back which is looking likely, he's the true threat.
gougler08
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

PatAg said:

gougler08 said:

Enviroag02 said:

He likes Houston sports the only championships they win are in fantasy football.
Sad but true...
PatAg
AG
Oh...so you aren't a Cowboys fan...I was confused because of the threat we are in. You may proceed, though I still think fantasy football is over done nowadays. Should never be rooting for someone on the other team, or a rival, to do well. Doesn't sit right with me. I understand why people have fun with it though.
TXAggie2011
AG
Lighten' up, it was just a joke?
PatAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Guess you are fantasy football champ that knows everything about the actual game of football because of it?

Probably had Wentz on your team last week rooting for him to throw some td's on us.
gougler08
AG
PatAg said:

Oh...so you aren't a Cowboys fan...I was confused because of the threat we are in. You may proceed, though I still think fantasy football is over done nowadays. Should never be rooting for someone on the other team, or a rival, to do well. Doesn't sit right with me. I understand why people have fun with it though.
Yeah fair enough, I just peruse the various threads as I enjoy talk among the different teams. As for the Fantasy piece, yes it does make things odd if you root for players to do well against your team, and I find it problematic against the Texans as I want so and so to get a bunch of yards but no TDs. Normally I end up rooting for the Texans, unless they go 2-14 in a season and then I go all out for my fantasy teams
PooDoo
AG
You stop rooting for your team if they're 2-14?

Then they aren't your team.
gougler08
AG
PooDoo said:

You stop rooting for your team if they're 2-14?

Then they aren't your team.
Yes, because rooting for personal gain when a team has tanked their season means that I'm a terrible fan and they aren't my team.

And also let it be known I'm not rooting for them to lose, but if my fantasy players do well against them then I certainly won't be sad about
jr15aggie
AG
You guys should take this outside and let us get back to Cowboys talk in here!!!

PooDoo
AG
No joke... as if there aren't 100 fantasy football posts and a Texans post on this board.

Get out or we with continue with the exotic animal fight gif's

PooDoo
AG
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

You guys should take this outside and let us get back to Cowboys talk in here!!!

How much money do you think Dez would spend to watch two kangaroos box?
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

I gave it a blue star... because I've literally argued & said about 3/4 of everything in that video. Creepy!
TXAggie2011
AG
PatAg said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Guess you are fantasy football champ that knows everything about the actual game of football because of it?

Probably had Wentz on your team last week rooting for him to throw some td's on us.

Don't be an ass. I'm a Cowboys fan, you can see my posts in this thread and others confirming that. But I'm still going to tell you to take that stick out of your butt.
TXAggie2011
AG
PatAg said:

jr15aggie said:

How much money do you think Dez would spend to watch two kangaroos box?

Probably about tree-fiddy thousand.
ChipFTAC01
AG
To be fair to Dez, spending money to watch kangaroos box might be the most productive thing he's ever done with his money.
TXAggie2011
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

To be fair to Dez, spending money to watch kangaroos box might be the most productive thing he's ever done with his money.

So true. So true.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.