*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,261 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tannerr0703 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Anyone know the severity of whatever kept Lawrence out? It would be great to see him and Irving on the field at the same time, with Gregory spelling them at times if he's kept his head on straight and kept in shape.
Sounds like some inflammation in his back from surgery. Was in some pain during the giants game and they sat him out this week. Could be able to return vs lions but this will be a lingering problem.

I didn't realize his eyes were so huge. It almost looked like he was wearing glasses with fake eyes painted on the front.
jtstanley4621
AG
So something I noticed last night was there seemed to be a lot less audibles from Dak. I wonder if that's something they tried to cut down. Before that he seemed to be calling audibles fairly frequently.
Reginald Cousins
S
Macarthur said:

tannerr0703 said:

Itll be interesting to see Gregory out there... Hopefully he has stayed in shape and does end up doing more harm then good on defense. Certainly would like him back up to game speed by playoffs.
Word is he has been with the team and working out. He should be in shape, but maybe not football shape.

What I saw was that he was in impeccable shape, and busting ass and grinding daily. We shall see. Don't remember where I read that, but basically said he was in his best shape yet. Added muscle etc.
Reginald Cousins
S
Max says Zeke is hardly an MVP.

http://es.pn/2h3sY3x
DannyDuberstein
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Max says Zeke is hardly an MVP.

http://es.pn/2h3sY3x
Max Kellerman scarred his mouth while playing with an electrical outlet. Any opinion he issues should be taken with a grain of salt.
TMACsDaMan
Some callers this morning are trolling Norm and Donnie hard! Wtf was that Jeremiah dude talking about?! Lol!
Bullmoose
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

So something I noticed last night was there seemed to be a lot less audibles from Dak. I wonder if that's something they tried to cut down. Before that he seemed to be calling audibles fairly frequently.

He was infected with the Romo virus.
DannyDuberstein
AG
taking calls
jtstanley4621
AG
Also, man... what I wouldn't give to have an A&M linebacker like Sean Lee. He has been so impressive this season. Sheds blocks and tackles while playing with excellent technique, and flies to the football. He's very very good when he's not hurt.
Rudyjax
AG
Sean Lee has hall of fame ability in a glass body.

It's so fortunate he's been healthy this year.

That is one dude you sit if you clinch.
RedlineAg08
I heard on yesterday's broadcast that Lee hasn't missed a snap all year long. With some extended playing time he's showing what we all knew. He's in that elite group of interior linebackers like Luke Kuechly.

With the way he plays, do you think he would allow Marinelli to limit his snaps?
Rudyjax
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

I heard on yesterday's broadcast that Lee hasn't missed a snap all year long. With some extended playing time he's showing what we all knew. He's in that elite group of interior linebackers like Luke Kuechly.

With the way he plays, do you think he would allow Marinelli to limit his snaps?

You make his ass inactive.
jtstanley4621
AG
RedlineAg08 said:

Yeah if the cowboys clinch the division I would sit Lee for at least a game. That would do nothing but help. Everyone is beat up this time of the season.
RedlineAg08
I bet he'd be in the owners box throwing Jerry off the balcony.

Seriously though, I'm convinced we lose every game that he doesn't play.

I know it doesn't matter if we clinch, but I'd at least let him start the games and play a few series in the last game. I think there is something to chemistry, and game prep, and being in the mindset to play that you don't mess with when you're on a roll.

And if he gets hurt, you're screwed.
Rudyjax
AG
He is literally the Cowboys most valuable player. Don't get him hurt.
MooreTrucker
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

RedlineAg08 said:

Yeah if the cowboys clinch the division I would sit Lee for at least a game. That would do nothing but help. Everyone is beat up this time of the season.
Especially with the Eagles coming up. They'd try to hurt him just out of spite.
Pignorant
AG
What a baby!

RedlineAg08
I agree 100%. But I don't think it's wise to worry about getting injured, or getting someone else injured if you play him.

I think injuries are more random than we like to give them credit for. Players get the "injury-prone" label, and sometimes it's a product of a player not doing enough off the field to stay on the field (stretching, lifting, eating, etc.), but I don't think that's Sean Lee. In his case it's just bad luck and random chance.

You see this too where a player is hurt for few years straight (Thomas Davis). We don't say Thomas Davis is injury-prone anymore, but he had a 3-4 year stretch where he couldn't stand up without tearing a knee. He barely played in his 20s,. It wasn't until he was 30 that he got healthy and I don't think he's missed a game since.

MooreTrucker
AG
Pignorant said:

What a baby!

And just being honest, OBJ, I suspect you wouldn't offer to make a fine-matching donation either. Nor would anything you do generate $182K in donations to charity.
Rudyjax
AG
I agree. If he's playing, he's playing all out and don't worry about it.

That being said, it's not worth it if the game is meaningless. It Garret is a players coach so he'll play.
TyHolden
AG
on a side note...how good would the texans be with romo at qb? they've had a top 5 D like 5 years running...
jtstanley4621
AG
DSAg44 said:

on a side note...how good would the texans be with romo at qb? they've had a top 5 D like 5 years running...
I didn't get the love for Brock Osweiler when he left the Broncos. When he came in for Manning they were only slightly better, and he ended up losing his job anyways. The Texans actually have a lot of talent at WR, and Lamar Miller is a good RB. Romo would have been an immediate upgrade, and they would probably easily be the favorites in that division with Romo on offense and then the defense they have.

I really do wonder if they'd try to trade for him. So many of my Texans fan friends would have to take back everything they've said since basically I've known them and I would never let them hear the end of it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

DSAg44 said:

I didn't get the love for Brock Osweiler when he left the Broncos. When he came in for Manning they were only slightly better, and he ended up losing his job anyways. The Texans actually have a lot of talent at WR, and Lamar Miller is a good RB. Romo would have been an immediate upgrade, and they would probably easily be the favorites in that division with Romo on offense and then the defense they have.

I really do wonder if they'd try to trade for him. So many of my Texans fan friends would have to take back everything they've said since basically I've known them and I would never let them hear the end of it.
i'm not as in the know as some texan fans as far as their cap sitch but i find it hard to believe they'd be able to take on another contract at QB like that for 2017.
jtstanley4621
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jtstanley4621 said:

DSAg44 said:

i'm not as in the know as some texan fans as far as their cap sitch but i find it hard to believe they'd be able to take on another contract at QB like that for 2017.
I think it's reasonable to assume they likely couldn't, but it's just humorous to think that Romo is sitting out there and there they are with 72 million sunk into a guy who got benched.
Pignorant
AG
Gotta say I agree with this article.

Grapesoda2525
Just beat the lions and sit everyone for the philly game. The eagles are a dirty team anyway. Wouldn't want to lose anyone for what would be a meaningless game at that point if we take care of business or someone beats the Giants.
Reginald Cousins
S
Pignorant said:

Gotta say I agree with this article.

I was about to get defensive. Then I clicked. That's great.
Grapesoda2525
Panthers are beating the skids. I'd like to see the bucs get the last wild card over the packers or skids.
jr15aggie
AG
So Gregory is expected to practice and play against the Lions.

Can't help it... What if we can bring him in at opportune times and he becomes this really good situational pass rusher for us. Could be a huge boost going into the playoffs.
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

So Gregory is expected to practice and play Shabbat the Lions.

Didn't know he was Jewish, that blows my.kind.
jr15aggie
AG
grapespda2525 said:

Panthers are beating the skids. I'd like to see the bucs get the last wild card over the packers or skids.

23-9 with 5 left in the 3rd. I agree, we don't want the Skins in. Best case the Bucs win the wild card and the Lions win the north... That and somebody beats NY in round 1.
TyHolden
AG
Wrap it up boys...
BMX Bandit
grapespda2525 said:

Just beat the lions and sit everyone for the philly game. The eagles are a dirty team anyway. Wouldn't want to lose anyone for what would be a meaningless game at that point if we take care of business or someone beats the Giants.

Sitting out a rookie QB two weeks isn't a good idea in my opinion. He needs reps. Doesn't have to plsy whole game though
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
With the Skins not looking so great, we need to really root for the Eagles Vs the Giants on Thurs. Hate that the Giants seem to be hanging around right now lurking trying to steal the division late. At 5-9 now some Eagles players might be ready to start making some "business decisions" and I think the Giants can beat Washington . I'd hate to have that last Eagles game be meaningful and a must win.

I have been saying for a few weeks I don't like the match up vs Detroit. While I think Dallas is the better team obviously I think Detroit can give them trouble.
MooreTrucker
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

With the Skins not looking so great, we need to really root for the Eagles Vs the Giants on Thurs. Hate that the Giants seem to be hanging around right now lurking trying to steal the division late. At 5-9 now some Eagles players might be ready to start making some "business decisions" and I think the Giants can beat Washington . I'd hate to have that last Eagles game be meaningful and a must win.

I have been saying for a few weeks I don't like the match up vs Detroit. While I think Dallas is the better team obviously I think Detroit can give them trouble.
Yeah, it bugged me this morning to hear one of the "expert" types say that this season is looking a lot like the season when the Giants last won the Super Bowl. Especially when we SHOULD have won both of those games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.