*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,351 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PooDoo said:

CSWendt said:

Name 10 better QB's in the league

Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Cam
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Rivers
Luck
Romo

At 24, I'd take Dak over all of them.

Ag Natural
AG
Zeke is not at Bell's level yet. It takes a few years to really perfect NFL running.
Ag Natural
AG
Unthought Known said:

PooDoo said:

CSWendt said:

Name 10 better QB's in the league

Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Cam
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Rivers
Luck
Romo

At 24, I'd take Dak over all of them.

If I were starting a team today I'd probably only take Rodgers, Luck and Newton over Dak. Maybe Carr as well. Granted this is just one year of Dak but he looks damn good.
Rudyjax
AG
No on Rodgers, maybe on Cam. Yes on Carr.

I can't wait to see the redraft and where Dak goes this time.

It's amazing how lucky he even got the start in the first place. .

PooDoo
AG
Ag Natural said:

Zeke is not at Bell's level yet. It takes a few years to really perfect NFL running.

Yes, a healthy & sober Bell is pretty good but... can't count on him.
CSWendt
Would be very interesting to see how Dak would have faired on a less talented team. Say he and Wentz traded places....
snowdog90
Craziness on this thread. Dak is the Cowboy MVP, period. He has had arguably the greatest rookie year ever. This great o-line was in place last year, which proves QB is the most important position (which should be laughably obvious).

Zeke is awesome. Matt Ryan should be league MVP. But Dak is the biggest reason the Cowboys are where they are today, and he shows no signs of regressing. I would not trade him for any QB, he's played great, he's big and durable, he's a great teammate and leader.
BMX Bandit
you are the crazy one. period.
Reginald Cousins
S
PooDoo said:

Ag Natural said:

Yes, a healthy & sober Bell is pretty good but... can't count on him.

In all fairness just based on rumors and his extra curriculars, I'd be expecting a test if I was Zeke.
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

Redraft?
PooDoo
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Unthought Known said:

Redraft?

http://www.si.com/nfl/photo/2016/10/26/2016-nfl-re-draft
MooreTrucker
AG
CSWendt said:

Would be very interesting to see how Dak would have faired on a less talented team. Say he and Wentz traded places....
Interesting that the redraft thing has Dak going to the Eagles....
jeffdjohnson
Is Jared Goff a 1st round pick in a re-draft? That guy stinks and didn't even know that the sun rises in the east. Really makes me question everything about him.
MooreTrucker
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Is Jared Goff a 1st round pick in a re-draft? That guy stinks and didn't even know that the sun rises in the east. Really makes me question everything about him.
#7 overall to SF, according to the link above
corleoneAg99
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

Can you think of many worse situations to go to and try and play QB at any effective level while also coming out of college from a Sonny Dykes offense?

He was and is still a first round talent but look at what having an amazing offense all around him has done for Dak.

The reverse was true for Goff and he also had one of the worst coaching staffs in the modern era. TBD for the guy IMO.
jr15aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

CSWendt said:

I personally don't think that is a valid argument. Dak inherited a Dallas team that went 4-12 last year!

If Dak & Wentz traded places the Eagles would be NFC East Champions and Romo would have started around 8 games this season.
ac04
Quote:

based on physical talent/potential and the lack of quality QBs in the league, yes. he is an idiot and sucked bad this season, but i can think of 8-10 teams with garbage starting at QB right now. goff at least has a very high ceiling.
CSWendt
Wasn't making an argument. Simply curious if Dak playing without that offensive line and Zeke would put up the same numbers.

Also, the re-draft posted is after week 6. So Wentz may not be the 1st pick in an updated redraft as he was at week 6.
BassCowboy33
Jordy Nelson has officially been ruled out.
Sea Gull
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

They've still got very talented receivers, but he is the ace.

Because of this, do you stick Anthony Brown on Cobb and have Carr take on Devante?
MooreTrucker
AG
Cobb is back, but he's not 100% is he?
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

Cobb is back, but he's not 100% is he?

His three touchdowns this past Sunday say that he is.
MooreTrucker
AG
Oh yeah, I forgot about that
Sea Gull
AG
Don't really pay much attention to ESPN, but this article gave me chills:

Jason Witten's title quest transcends Dallas
CoppellAg93
AG
Great article on Witten - has me hoping even more that they can win it all this year.
Reginald Cousins
S
Duck Patrol said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Because of this, do you stick Anthony Brown on Cobb and have Carr take on Devante?

Claiborne? Claiborne anyone?
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

MooreTrucker said:

CSWendt said:

I personally don't think that is a valid argument. Dak inherited a Dallas team that went 4-12 last year!

If Dak & Wentz traded places the Eagles would be NFC East Champions and Romo would have started around 8 games this season.

Jr. you're a good poster. Don't get carried away.
Gigem Trevas
2 more days and it's only the divisional round. God help us the cowboys make the super bowl this place will implode during the time between games.
Sea Gull
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Duck Patrol said:

BassCowboy33 said:

You think he plays a lot? It's his first week back. I think we'll see him on the field a bit, but I would imagine they would stick with Carr, Brown, and Scandrick for the majority of the game.
BassCowboy33
Duck Patrol said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Duck Patrol said:

BassCowboy33 said:

You think he plays a lot? It's his first week back. I think we'll see him on the field a bit, but I would imagine they would stick with Carr, Brown, and Scandrick for the majority of the game.

I'll bet situational play.
Reginald Cousins
S
Possibly. If he's 100% he's got to go though.
jr15aggie
AG
CSWendt said:

Wasn't making an argument. Simply curious if Dak playing without that offensive line and Zeke would put up the same numbers.
Just wanted to post and say "I know"... 90% of the time I don't mean my posts to be argumentative or combative, just posting my thoughts (but I can see how they are taken the wrong way sometimes).

It is an interesting thought though. I'm just of the belief (having seen the results last year and what happened this year the second Sanchez stepped on the field) that the team is successful because of Dak and not the other way around. It's just insane how fortunate we are that we also got Zeke in the same year and we hit home runs on all 3 first round O-line draft picks.
jr15aggie
AG
Random Comment:

Heard something the other day after the pro-bowl team was announced... apparently Travis Frederick was one of only 3 guys in that draft to make the pro bowl. It is considered a very poor draft overall with very little upper end talent.

The media was all over Dallas trading down and away from all those "great" players and ultimately drafting some guy from Wisconsin. Awesome!
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

CSWendt said:

Just wanted to post and say "I know"... 90% of the time I don't mean my posts to be argumentative or combative, just posting my thoughts (but I can see how they are taken the wrong way sometimes).

It is an interesting thought though. I'm just of the belief (having seen the results last year and what happened this year the second Sanchez stepped on the field) that the team is successful because of Dak and not the other way around. It's just insane how fortunate we are that we also got Zeke in the same year and we hit home runs on all 3 first round O-line draft picks.

I think properly managing the game plan and eliminating risks with Dak has been more the success. Granted he's a large part of that. He's very good short and intermediate no doubt. Sanchez is just hot garbage. Every play with him is a risk. I think there are several guys in the league that would experience great success with the line we have.
Reginald Cousins
S
jr15aggie said:

Random Comment:

Heard something the other day after the pro-bowl team was announced... apparently Travis Frederick was one of only 3 guys in that draft to make the pro bowl. It is considered a very poor draft overall with very little upper end talent.

The media was all over Dallas trading down and away from all those "great" players and ultimately drafting some guy from Wisconsin. Awesome!

Such a good pick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.