*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,318 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This game needs to get here. We're starting to cannibalize ourselves.
PooDoo
AG
You've never seen a QB carry their team & beat a more talented team?
PatAg
AG
I feel like if we can get to 24, then we win the game.
gougler08
AG
PatAg said:

You don't think Rodgers can put up more than 24?
BMX Bandit
gougler08 said:

PatAg said:

I'd say its pretty clear that is exactly what he thinks.
Reginald Cousins
S
gougler08 said:

PatAg said:

Not if our offense plays to its strengths. It won't allow time for 24.
gougler08
AG
Agree to disagree I guess. On their 7 game winning streak the packers have only scored less than 24 once, and that was the snow game against the Texans

Granted the Cowboys are better than the teams they have been playing, but I think to guarantee a win they will need to put up 30+
Reginald Cousins
S
gougler08 said:

Agree to disagree I guess. On their 7 game winning streak the packers have only scored less than 24 once, and that was the snow game against the Texans

Granted the Cowboys are better than the teams they have been playing, but I think to guarantee a win they will need to put up 30+

If they run the ball, the clock runs, yes?
BassCowboy33
Reginald Cousins said:

gougler08 said:

If they run the ball, the clock runs, yes?

I think people are overthinking this. Green Bay has a bottom five road defense in football. They've played four top ten rushing teams and been bulldozed by all of them. Their pass defense is also one of the worst in football. The matchup that will decide this game is NOT Rodgers vs the Dallas D. It's the Packers D against the Dallas offense. Dallas WILL move the ball. Green Bay has been on an incredible turnover run. If Dallas (1) doesn't kill themselves with penalties and (2) doesn't turn the ball over, it's nearly impossible for the Packers to win this game.

Edit: I'll also add red zone defense in this. Green Bay's home/road RZD% is vastly different on the road than at home. whichever defense can force the most field goals, has a big advantage as well.

Look for Dallas to spy Rodgers with a "shark" or "mirror" defense. Basically, a linebacker or safety whose sole job is to make sure Rodgers doesn't get outside the pocket. A player who mirrors Rodgers and as soon as he rolls outside the pocket, takes off to attack him. Dallas did that to great effect in the first meeting between these teams.
Reginald Cousins
S

MooreTrucker
AG
Also it was mentioned on GMFB that the Dallas pass def was ranked 18 with Mo Claiborne and 27 without him. Claiborne will be playing Sunday afternoon.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

I think people are overthinking this. Green Bay has a bottom five road defense in football. They've played four top ten rushing teams and been bulldozed by all of them. Their pass defense is also one of the worst in football. The matchup that will decide this game is NOT Rodgers vs the Dallas D. It's the Packers D against the Dallas offense. Dallas WILL move the ball. Green Bay has been on an incredible turnover run. If Dallas (1) doesn't kill themselves with penalties and (2) doesn't turn the ball over, it's nearly impossible for the Packers to win this game.

Edit: I'll also add red zone defense in this. Green Bay's home/road RZD% is vastly different on the road than at home. whichever defense can force the most field goals, has a big advantage as well.
Good take.
Gigem Trevas
Worry about your own team Texans fans on this thread.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

If you look at their winning streak, those teams all made the same mistake the Giants did... they kept giving the ball back to Aaron Rogers! The Seahawk game in particular was brutal because their offense didn't even show up and they kept saying, "here Aaron, have another go... *TD*".

If the Cowboys bring their A game, Rogers is going to have to play the waiting game each time Dallas gets the ball. His chances will be limited, and if he doesn't score early and often GB could be playing catch up the entire game.
Gigem Trevas
Over under 25 carries for Zeke Sunday?
BassCowboy33
Gigem Trevas said:

Over. I'll bet Dak has 7-10 carries as well.
Gigem Trevas
BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

7 seems high. I hope we run it 60% of the time though.
gougler08
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Worry about your own team Texans fans on this thread.
Married in to a family of Packers' fans...and I like bantering back and forth anyways
MooreTrucker
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Yeah, I'd rather see only 4-5 for Dak, but add in a few for Morris and/or McFadden, just for fun.
ac04
under 25 for zeke. barely. maybe right at 25. 100+ yards though

under 7 for dak
BassCowboy33
MooreTrucker said:

Gigem Trevas said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Yeah, I'd rather see only 4-5 for Dak, but add in a few for Morris and/or McFadden, just for fun.

I think that you'll see Dallas really let Dak move in this game. Finally bring in that element of his game. No point in trying to protect him now.

To me, this is one of those Robert Griffin type games that he used to have in Washington. You're looking at 20-25 pass attempts, many of which stretch the field off play action and tons of running the ball. Even more so than usual.
Gigem Trevas
BassCowboy33 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Gigem Trevas said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

I think that you'll see Dallas really let Dak move in this game. Finally bring in that element of his game. No point in trying to protect him now.

To me, this is one of those Robert Griffin type games that he used to have in Washington. You're looking at 20-25 pass attempts, many of which stretch the field off play action and tons of running the ball. Even more so than usual.

We can only hope. No jet sweeps to whitehead.
Reginald Cousins
S
BassCowboy33 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Gigem Trevas said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

I know everyone thinks I just want to fellate Romo but I've been telling some buddies since week 10 or earlier I expected them to let Dak put his big boy drawers on in the playoffs re: running when it's there.
jteagle
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

BassCowboy33 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Gigem Trevas said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

We can only hope. No jet sweeps to whitehead.
Whitehead had a jet sweep in the first game with Green Bay that went for 26 yds. maybe this time we fake it a few times in play action.
CSWendt
Interesting thing I heard this morning on the radio. Green bay in their 7 game win streak hasn't played any top level offenses. They've played: Giants, Lions, Vikings, Bears, Seahawks, Texans, and Eagles.

Not exactly powerhouse offenses. I think it definitely has played a large part in the Packers offense getting back on track. Also, definitely has lead to an over inflated idea of the revived Packers defense this second half. The Aggies defense might have a shot against half of those offenses.
corleoneAg99
AG
Thursday feels = this is weird because to me all the stats, etc, point to Dallas but I'm worried about picking Dallas because Aaron Rodgers is a destroyer of worlds.

How about this...Dallas *should* win...unless Aaron Rodgers just won't be denied.

Which happens.
CSWendt
Also heard this morning on the radio that 75% of the bets are being placed on Green bay.
BMX Bandit
CSWendt said:

Also heard this morning on the radio that 75% of the bets are being placed on Green bay.

That's a great sign for the cowboys if true
BassCowboy33
CSWendt said:

Interesting thing I heard this morning on the radio. Green bay in their 7 game win streak hasn't played any top level offenses. They've played: Giants, Lions, Vikings, Bears, Seahawks, Texans, and Eagles.

Not exactly powerhouse offenses. I think it definitely has played a large part in the Packers offense getting back on track. Also, definitely has lead to an over inflated idea of the revived Packers defense this second half. The Aggies defense might have a shot against half of those offenses.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/01/12/rj-choppy-packers-dont-stand-a-chance-against-cowboys/
BassCowboy33
Green Bay is 1-9 in their last ten games in Dallas as well.
MooreTrucker
AG
Doesn't surprise me at all. Lots of talk on shows about Rodgers as MVP, Cowboys playoff inexperience, etc.

"Destroyer of worlds" indeed.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BMX Bandit said:

CSWendt said:

That's a great sign for the cowboys if true
yup
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Lots of talk on shows about Rodgers as MVP

This I really don't understand... the guy was downright bad at times early in the season. The whole body of work does not = MVP... his last name is the only reason he's a top candidate.

I'm still surprised Dak isn't running away with this thing. Team went 4-12 w/out Romo last year and 1 year later (same hurt Romo) Dak has them on top of the NFC. No doubt Zeke & Dak have hurt each other by splitting some votes.
MooreTrucker
AG
Brady is getting the same treatment, even though he missed the first four games. Yeah, they're good, but it's as much name as performance this year.
corleoneAg99
AG
Matt Ryan has as good an argument as anyone...I think Dak and Zeke are probably cancelling each other out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.