*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,426 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
SociallyConditionedAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Cowboys are getting what they deserve after using eminent domain to build their stupid stadium. I think they're cursed as long as they're there and Jerry owns the team.
http://www.durangotexas.com/eyesontexas/arlington/dallascowboystadium/dallascowboystadiumarlington.htm
Reginald Cousins
S
abc0371 said:

The Cowboys are getting what they deserve after using eminent domain to build their stupid stadium. I think they're cursed as long as they're there and Jerry owns the team.
http://www.durangotexas.com/eyesontexas/arlington/dallascowboystadium/dallascowboystadiumarlington.htm

One guy had bought like 13 houses in the area. Cashed out big.
jtstanley4621
AG
Seeing the steelers play is exactly how the cowboys should eventually look. I love their offensive scheme, and their defense has speed at key positions. This is what the cowboys should eventually be. Draft impact defensive players and ride zeke like they ride Bell.
Ag12thman
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Seeing the steelers play is exactly how the cowboys should eventually look. I love their offensive scheme, and their defense has speed at key positions. This is what the cowboys should eventually be. Draft impact defensive players and ride zeke like they ride Bell.
Pretty much, but (as you and I mentioned) Garrett is no Tomlin.
Ag12thman
AG
abc0371 said:

Not sure I follow all of what's on that page. Can someone give the cliff notes please?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Completely. 2 bone head plays in the last minute. The spike and the 3rd down pass. We have both Dak and Zeke who could have run on 3rd down. Like you said, if you don't get it then run down the clock and kick the FG with 15 seconds left. If you get the first then line up to spike or call your time out. Was scratching my head on that one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jimmy Conway said:

jr15aggie said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

31-30 GB

This ain't the Aggies son! Get that crap outta here.

Looks like Orly got the closest. Unfortunately.

Just got back from game. I took some brutal and ugly responses for that (staff deleted some) by a horrible poster or 2. (Not Jr necessarily) Wish i coulda been wrong.
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

PooDoo said:

Hard to talk about this game because stats & trends don't matter if you run into a HoF QB playing at a HoF level.
If that happens our only hope is Zeke & Dak grinding out several 14+ play scoring drives.
And pray we are scoring TDs instead of FGs.

I'm going to disagree here. Rogers can play at an elite level all he wants, but he can't do that if the GB defense can't get off the field, which I suspect they won't based on the complete one-sidedness of the Dallas O-GB D matchup. Green Bay HAS to win time of possession in this game or they won't win. They had the benefit of playing a completely inept offense in NY, which allowed them to wear that defense down. Once NY lost their slot corner (Cromartie), they were as good as done.

GB had 13 possession against NY, not counting the end of the game. They'll be lucky to get 10 against Dallas with that defense. Dallas' plan will be to force Green Bay into long, methodical drives. The longer the drive takes, the more it benefits Dallas.

I think the Cowboys had the advantage in everything except passing yards, penalties, & points.

Elite QB play won this game, not stats.
Ag12thman
AG
They really killed themselves with penalties in the first half. Very poorly focused and prepared for a big home game.
Grapesoda2525
Poor coaching and preparation was the difference.

No excuse not to be prepared for Rodgers quick snaps on all of those 3rd downs. It's something you could scout on film and account for ahead of time.
PatAg
AG
abc0371 said:

That whole area was dog**** and full of crime, they got most of it out, still some remnants though.
mts6175
AG
PatAg said:

abc0371 said:

That whole area was dog**** and full of crime, they got most of it out, still some remnants though.
I'm a Cowboy fan, but dog**** or not, it was still the wrong thing to do. There were several other places they could have put the stadium and not have run people out of their homes. That's a whole other discussion though.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
PatAg said:

abc0371 said:

Yeah, screw poor people! Take their homes and property and kick them out of town!
gougler08
AG
abc0371 said:

PatAg said:

abc0371 said:

Yeah, screw poor people! Take their homes and property and kick them out of town!
Well they shouldn't be poor and then they wouldn't have this issue, right?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Last thought: It would have been really nice to have a 2nd round pick this year that could actually play on defense
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
98Ag99Grad
AG
or the year before...
corleoneAg99
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Last thought: It would have been really nice to have a 2nd round pick this year that could actually play on defense
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

careful, some posters will tell you to quit living in the past or quit saying the same thing over and over again.

and yes, i agree with you. as any logical fan would.
Reginald Cousins
S
If Smith turns out to be what we think I'm fine with it. Steal.
CSWendt
This thread has become laughable now. I can understand how we can be upset at losing, and sure the coaching staff could have done better. As is the case with any coaching staff that loses the game. But the fact that Garrett was able to get his team to battle back and come back from down 21-3 against the best QB in the league is remarkable. You can go ahead and say "well, we shouldn't have been down that amount to begin with", but we were. In part because of a hot QB, a play or two not going our way, and an offense that hadn't played football in nearly 2 weeks.

I love Jason Garrett. While he may not be the smartest coach in the league, I think he has the right temperament and attitude leading a football team. You don't go 13-3 with a terrible head coach. Stop whining about this game. We got beat. We didn't make enough plays, but that's football. I'm not ashamed of this team or how they lost in the slightest.
CSWendt
Agreed. But apparently drafting a 2nd round pick who has the potential to be the best linebacker in the league isn't a logical thing to do
PooDoo
AG
Can't do that... Myles Jack and his 30 tackles would've carried this team to the Super Bowl!

ramblin_ag02
AG
Don't get me wrong, I hope the best for Smith. But we might go his entire Ring of Honor career without a Super Bowl (like Romo or Ware), and a servicable defender yesterday may have made the difference in a very close game.

Considering how rare these opportunites are, it just hurts to know our second rounder was planned scratch for the whole year, while 2 Green Bay rookie defenders are playing well for that defense
Reginald Cousins
S
PooDoo said:

Can't do that... Myles Jack and his 30 tackles would've carried this team to the Super Bowl!

Reginald Cousins
S
Serviceable doesn't negate Rodgers.
Rudyjax
AG
3rd and 2 Cowboys should've run.
Phat32
AG
Unthought Known said:

3rd and 2 Cowboys should've run.

Also 2nd and 1...
PatAg
AG
abc0371 said:

PatAg said:

abc0371 said:

There definitely weren't plenty of other places for them to move in the city, you are right. You might want to look up on the history of every city that has ever existed if this bothers you.
Olsen
AG
Reginald Cousins
S
Garrett has refused to commit to Dak starting in 2017?
Gigem Trevas
Reginald Cousins said:

Reggie stop.
Reginald Cousins
S
Gigem Trevas said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Reggie stop.

Just got a notification. Just bringing the news.
corleoneAg99
AG
I doubt they commit to anything until the Romo situation is resolved. Just trading him to the Broncos for a 1st and a 2nd sounds pretty easy but the reality is probably much more complicated.

In fact I think Peter King was on the radio this AM saying that he felt Houston would be the best fit and that the Broncos have no interest because they are committed to developing Lynch and having Siemian hold down the fort.

Jerry now has to decide whether he will do what Romo wants, which is be released, or will he shop him for the best deal?
MooreTrucker
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Reginald Cousins said:

Reggie stop.
No, it's not just Reggie. It's a thing. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.
MooreTrucker
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

I doubt they commit to anything until the Romo situation is resolved. Just trading him to the Broncos for a 1st and a 2nd sounds pretty easy but the reality is probably much more complicated.

In fact I think Peter King was on the radio this AM saying that he felt Houston would be the best fit and that the Broncos have no interest because they are committed to developing Lynch and having Siemian hold down the fort.

Jerry now has to decide whether he will do what Romo wants, which is be released, or will he shop him for the best deal?
Doesn't Houston have too much money in Osweieler to pick up Romo, too?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.