*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,358 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

So let's just tap the brakes on "teams are figuring out Dak!". Dak is still the #3 ranked QB in terms of QB rating. We are #6 in points per game. In terms of points per game we just played the #1 & #7 defenses in the entire league. And let me tell you, both of those defenses would have better stats if their offenses were any good.

Let's see what Dak and this offense does the next 2 weeks against teams with good, not great defenses.
And this is giving rise to the "we played a lame schedule and now that it's getting tough, he can't handle it" talk.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Unthought Known said:

Unthought Known said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Unthought Known said:

Wasn't McFadden active against the Giants? Probably took Luckys spot.
thought i saw him too but the number seemed different i remember thinking. not sure though.

I saw him on ST and thought, wow, McFadden is on ST. And then they called a hold on him.

But then On Tuesday I looked it up. It was Leon McFadden, so no, Darren McFadden was NOT active.

ahh. ok this makes more sense.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i'll ask the board another question...

if God Forbid we do just lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs regardless of how Dak plays in that game, does it finally give "the win" to the pro Romo people who always contended he got too much flak/blame over the years for the teams lack of playoff wins? it may not but i think it should.
Rudyjax
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

i'll ask the board another question...

if God Forbid we do just lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs regardless of how Dak plays in that game, does it finally give "the win" to the pro Romo people who always contended he got too much flak/blame over the years for the teams lack of playoff wins? it may not but i think it should.

Dark gets a pass unless he fumbles a hold on a field goal.

Hey Parcells, there's a reason why punters hold those and not your starting QB.

Now, 2 playoffs without winning the Super Bowl, then you can start calling him Dak Romo.
jr15aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

jr15aggie said:

So let's just tap the brakes on "teams are figuring out Dak!". Dak is still the #3 ranked QB in terms of QB rating. We are #6 in points per game. In terms of points per game we just played the #1 & #7 defenses in the entire league. And let me tell you, both of those defenses would have better stats if their offenses were any good.

Let's see what Dak and this offense does the next 2 weeks against teams with good, not great defenses.
And this is giving rise to the "we played a lame schedule and now that it's getting tough, he can't handle it" talk.

Sure, and I'm not saying everybody is FREAKING OUT, but seriously, QBs have bad games or a string of bad games. Romo is NOT the better QB... he would not have taken this team to 11-1.

And for comparison sake, go look at Brady the year he took over for Drew and they won the Super Bowl. He lost some bad games that year and don't overlook the VERY tight, ugly December wins before going into the playoffs and again winning ugly.

December football is ugly... in our case 3 out of the 4 teams we play still have everything on the line. They are teams that can't afford to lose and they are going to be tough games. It's going to be a grind for Dak and this team.
jtstanley4621
AG
We're going to find out a hell of a lot about how Dak and this team respond with these next two games. Dak has to get better, but the playcalling behind him could also do with some improvement.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

And to emphasize this quote... what a bunch of BS for whoever is saying that (I know it's not your quote)! Seriously, that is lame.

• We beat Pittsburgh at home who has beaten up on everybody they have played since that loss, including the Giants
  • We beat the Ravens soundly who took the Patriots the distance last night
  • We beat the Redskins (twice!) who recently made the Packers look silly
  • We beat the Packers as well (at their legendary field), who just recently went prison style on Seattle

You can say a lot of things, but to say we haven't beaten any good teams is laughable!
jtstanley4621
AG
I guess I'm just going to think that that game was kind of the perfect storm of offensive awfulness, and is more of a fluke than a trend. Dak throwing a slant route to Dez where Dez fell down and the ball was directly to the corner pretty much sums up the offensive night. And yet, we were still a foot away from Bailey getting us to 10 points before the half.

Of course, if we lose these next two then who knows..... But right now I'm not going to get super worried.
Ag Natural
AG
Yeah, the Cowboys have a last place schedule but you wouldn't know it looking at the actual teams played. At Pitt and At GB alone make the schedule 20% harder. Throw in having the Ravens and Vikes playing stronger than expected as well as the entire NFC East being better than expected... yeah this hasn't been a cake walk.

This team needs to figure out how to ride that running game into points. The last two weeks I feel like they were blowing opportunities where some smart play gets a FG try. With Dan Bailey on the team and the defense play much better than expected kicking a few more FGs wouldn't be a bad thing. Some of that is definitely on Dak, he took a sack in the Giants that took them out of range. But the play calling was pretty questionable as well.
ac04
snowdog90 said:

1. Romo is a better qb than Dak right now.
you are operating under the assumption that romo is the same QB he was prior to multiple injuries, including a pretty serious one to his back. this is a very big "if" in my opinion
Rudyjax
AG
The fact is no one knows who is better that is why they are rolling with Dak.
Ag Natural
AG
I have to admit. If Dak thows a couple more picks I'd panic and go to Romo. That's why I don't coach.
Rudyjax
AG
Well, if I'm comparing pics, Elis were worse than Daks.
jtstanley4621
AG
Unthought Known said:

That game was the most Eli Manning game ever. Almost threw 5 picks, had a derp fumble, and threw one pass (a slant route, one of the easiest throws an NFL QB can make) and it goes 60 plus yards to the house, ending up being what won the game. He is football Forrest Gump.
jr15aggie
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Unthought Known said:

That game was the most Eli Manning game ever. Almost threw 5 picks, had a derp fumble, and threw one pass (a slant route, one of the easiest throws an NFL QB can make) and it goes 60 plus yards to the house, ending up being what won the game. He is football Forrest Gump.
You are right.... and it pisses me off to no end!!!! 2 Super Bowls for that guy... friggin 2! 1 less than Aikman and 1 more than Favre. You friggin kidding me!!!

I hear he's a really great guy and does a lot for the community blah blah blah... just want to punch him in the face sometimes!
BMX Bandit
Dak played a lot better than Eli.

The difference in the game was the Giants star receiver taking a short crossing route to the house vs cowboys star receiver fumbling it.
MooreTrucker
AG
jr15aggie said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Unthought Known said:

You are right.... and it pisses me off to no end!!!! 2 Super Bowls for that guy... friggin 2! 1 less than Aikman and 1 more than Favre. You friggin kidding me!!!

I hear he's a really great guy and does a lot for the community blah blah blah... just want to punch him in the face sometimes!
You know his life sucks (relatively speaking) though because he HAS won 2 Super Bowls and yet folks talk WAY more about his brother.
jtstanley4621
AG
MooreTrucker said:

jr15aggie said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Unthought Known said:

You know his life sucks (relatively speaking) though because he HAS won 2 Super Bowls and yet folks talk WAY more about his brother.
Because Peyton is just so hilariously clearly better. Eli Manning is the prime example of how sometimes it's not the best team that wins a superbowl, it's the hottest.
Macarthur
Jaylon Smith to IR.
MooreTrucker
AG
Macarthur said:

Jaylon Smith to IR.
He's been injured all season, though, right?
Darth Football
Macarthur said:

Jaylon Smith to IR.

Cowboys fans need to brace themselves for him never taking a real NFL snap ever.
jr15aggie
AG
Darth Football said:

Macarthur said:

Jaylon Smith to IR.

Cowboys fans need to brace themselves for him never taking a real NFL snap ever.
Yep. I've been really excited about the possibility, but I haven't watched a single highlight film of him. I know relatively nothing about the guy other than the fact that he graded out as a Top 5 player before the injury.

I'm still gonna hope, but I've been saying for a while now going into this draft LB is just as big of a priority for us as D-Line.
jtstanley4621
AG
I think at his absolute best, Smith would be similar to Ryan Shazier on the Steelers. Who knows if he'll ever get healthy though. I'm not all that surprised by the IR news, him playing this year was a fairly big longshot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Hopefully the nerve will regenerate. In a vacuum, I don't think that was a bad risk to take at that pick. However, for a team with Randy Gregory and Rolando McClain in its front 7, along with a host of other risks and talent issues in that front 7, it just seems like an incredibly unwise choice. Hope it works out for 2017.
Macarthur
jtstanley4621 said:

I think at his absolute best, Smith would be similar to Ryan Shazier on the Steelers. Who knows if he'll ever get healthy though. I'm not all that surprised by the IR news, him playing this year was a fairly big longshot.

Well, Shazier is pretty good, but I disagree strongly. He has Luke Kuekly type of upside.

The dude would have been top 10 and maybe top 5 pick before the injury.
Macarthur
Darth Football said:

Macarthur said:

Jaylon Smith to IR.

I think this is extreme.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

Darth Football said:

Macarthur said:

Jaylon Smith to IR.

I think this is extreme.

I'll try and find that tweet from the former Chargers team Dr. who now does NFL consulting work and who a lot of people seem to rely on for injury info and he said he doesn't think Smith plays again. So I'm not sure its extreme.
Macarthur
Not saying that it's not a possibliity, but I think that opinion is in the minority.
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

Not saying that it's not a possibliity, but I think that opinion is in the minority.
I'm going to tuck Macarthur's assessment in the back of my mind and keep it... I always prefer the glass is half full view and the optimism makes me feel better!
Ag Natural
AG
Ha, with all the hand wringing over the loss. What's been totally lost in the conversation is how Giants fans are probably saying all the same things about the Giants offense. Poor, uncreative play calling, uncomfortable QB and star WR dropping balls.

I swear it looked like Sean Lee had the playbook. He was diagnosing run plays and hitting the RB before the line could even react to him. I'm not sure if Lee is there good or if the Giants are that predictable.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Osweiller for Dak. Everyone knows that Jerrah is going to Romo soon for a patented 1 and done in the playoffs.
MooreTrucker
AG
No. No he's not.
jtstanley4621
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Osweiller for Dak. Everyone knows that Jerrah is going to Romo soon for a patented 1 and done in the playoffs.
Which stings more: that the Texans could have likely traded for Romo which would essentially fix their team if they didn't sink so much money into Osweiller's contract, or that Romo is undoubtedly better than any QB they've ever had in their history?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
another interesting scenario....

Romo does come back this season, leads em to a title finally, reaffirms to everyone he can still play in this league, Dallas sees his value at an all-time high, trades him now for a 1st round pick instead of a 3rd or 4th, and the mantle is passed to Dak that way. in the 2017 1st the Cowboys nab a much needed edge rusher, and a deep threat speed WR. Rounds 2-4 pick up a Tackle, LB, and DB.

would love to see it play out that way. longshot? sure. but hey you never know.
Agnzona
Well that would be a best case scenario..m

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.