*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,447 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

Vikes have been losing a ton lately and Bradford looks like ass. Barring an emotional letdown we should win easily.
I'm assuming the Vikings still have that annoying as.... air horn thing that will go off every time they get 2 flipping yards!!!!! It can be a tough place to play. Zimmer is a good coach and they will play us hard.

Right now I'm predicting our front 7 does a number on their struggling Oline and we minimize their points. On the other side I just don't see any defense stopping us. I think once we get on a roll we'll hit the Vikings for multiple 3-5 minute scoring drives. I'm thinking a 24-10 or 31-10 is very possible if we don't have a letdown week.
jtstanley4621
AG
The Vikings' offense has for sure fallen off, but their defense is good. They'll be an interesting test for the Cowboys. They have several very good LBs.
Macarthur
17 points should win this game.
BassCowboy33
I'll go 24-14 Dallas.
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

As much as Dallas needs to go heavy D next draft i can totally see them taking another O Tackle in the first couple rounds. They are going to keep doubling down on their Oline strategy.
LOL, I know, but it's working!

We have to go heavy D in the draft, but not at the expense of ignoring our strengths. If there is a starting quality OG or OT hanging around and he is by far the #1 guy on the board then take the guy! We didn't go into the draft looking for a center, but Frederick is working out pretty good for us.

This is why I'm HOPING somebody will give us a 1st or 2nd for the rights to Romo (Vikes gave a 1st for injury prone Bradford so don't tell me it's not possible). Even an extra 3rd or 4th rounder would be helpful.
I also think we should be looking for an impact, starter at DT, DE, LB of any sort, or honestly even a good Safety or CB. Feel like probably in that order. That being said, if the next great TE is available, I'd consider it. Witten can't have very many years left.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Witten can't have very many years left.
That's what they said when we drafted Tellus!!!

But yeah, I hear you. For now we just keep rolling with Witten until he officially hangs 'em up. No problem drafting TEs in the 5th round or later, just not a premium pick until we know for sure Witten is done.
jr15aggie
AG
On the injury front it looks like Dallas will be without Wilcox, but we'll get Church back (with some sort of wrap/cast on his arm). Looks like Justin Durant will also miss the game. Others such as Chaz Green and Mo are still out this week as well.

For the Vikings their center has been ruled out (concussion from their last game) and one of their CBs Mackenzie Alexander is doubtful with a groin injury. DT Sharrif Floyd is also out... remember him, the guy that can't crack the starting lineup and who we traded away from in order to draft Travis Frederick later in the 1st.
PooDoo
AG
Next training camp I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress of Rico Gathers. His one catch was enough to make me want to see more.
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo said:

Next training camp I'll be looking forward to seeing the progress of Rico Gathers. His one catch was enough to make me want to see more.
This one???

I don't know all the details, but apparently the Cowboys gave him a very abnormal contact for a practice squad guy. They basically overpaid to ensured no other team would touch him. Completely raw but they see vast potential.

They've also had him playing OT at times for scout team and he says it's really taught him a lot about blocking techniques, etc.
corleoneAg99
AG
jr15aggie said:

On the injury front it looks like Dallas will be without Wilcox, but we'll get Church back (with some sort of wrap/cast on his arm). Looks like Justin Durant will also miss the game. Others such as Chaz Green and Mo are still out this week as well.

For the Vikings their center has been ruled out (concussion from their last game) and one of their CBs Mackenzie Alexander is doubtful with a groin injury. DT Sharrif Floyd is also out... remember him, the guy that can't crack the starting lineup and who we traded away from in order to draft Travis Frederick later in the 1st.

Floyd started 12 games last year?

And he's been hurt this year. Was very effective next to Linval Joseph last year. Good run stopping D so I'm curious how Zeke and the OL look against these guys. Next two teams they play are basically built, as much as you can be, to stop an offense like the Cowboys so it should be yet another good test.

It also appears Diggs could be out for MIN so that makes their best pass catcher their TE and they easily have the worst OL in the league. If the Cowboys can't get pass rush this week they never will.
Wife is an Aggie
Vikes fan here. Just reported that Zimmer is having emergency eye surgery tonight.. Status unknown for game tomorrow.

Even our head coach is injured!
BassCowboy33
Wife is an Aggie said:

Vikes fan here. Just reported that Zimmer is having emergency eye surgery tonight.. Status unknown for game tomorrow.

Even our head coach is injured!
He had a detached retina issue a while back. I wonder if it has to do with that same issue.
jr15aggie
AG
Tough year for the Vikings!

It's ok if they just want to roll over tomorrow. Maybe we can go up by 4 TDs in the 4th and let Romo play!
Grapesoda2525
I hope the procedure went well and he recovers 100%, but..... I'd be glad if he didn't coach tomorrow and got some rest.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

PooDoo said:

This one???

I don't know all the details, but apparently the Cowboys gave him a very abnormal contact for a practice squad guy. They basically overpaid to ensured no other team would touch him. Completely raw but they see vast potential.

They've also had him playing OT at times for scout team and he says it's really taught him a lot about blocking techniques, etc.
Yeah, that's the one...

Did you know he was on ESPN's Sports Science show before the draft?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=15388302

The guy is off the charts on the physical traits you'd like in a TE. Would be really curious if they would add him to the roster is they have a TE get hurt. Hope another team doesn't try to grab him off the practice squad before the season is over.
bonfarr
AG
When Swaim went out for the year and had surgery the Cowboys brought up the big WR off the practice squad and not Gathers. I think it means Gathers is still a project and the other guy could at least help on special teams.
Sea Gull
AG
Gathers is a huge project but could be high reward. Very, very athletic...just needs to learn fundamentals, as most NFL tight ends learn most of that in college.
selk
AG
ce1994 said:

If and when Romo gets hurt and Precott is sent out there I want this thing bumped. It will be mass suicide for Cowboys fans and I just wanted to say "I told you so".

DannyDuberstein
AG
selk said:

ce1994 said:

If and when Romo gets hurt and Precott is sent out there I want this thing bumped. It will be mass suicide for Cowboys fans and I just wanted to say "I told you so".

I think we did commit mass suicide .... and then all went to Heaven.

Guess it wasn't a mortal sin after all.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Prescotts come a long way from early camp reports that he couldn't hit wide open WRs 10 yards away.
ce1994
AG
Keep bumping it. 10 years from now if Prescott has won 4 Superbowls as the quarterback of the Cowboys then bump this sucker. Ridicule me every step of the way. I will happily take it. I could not be happier about being so wrong about something.
PatAg
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Gathers is a huge project but could be high reward. Very, very athletic...just needs to learn fundamentals, as most NFL tight ends learn most of that in college.

Unless they go to A&M
gougler08
AG
ce1994 said:

Keep bumping it. 10 years from now if Prescott has won 4 Superbowls as the quarterback of the Cowboys then bump this sucker. Ridicule me every step of the way. I will happily take it. I could not be happier about being so wrong about something.
Damn, you're moving the goal posts more than the sips do...impressive
ce1994
AG
No sir. I hope that one statement about bumping it makes me the biggest fool this or any board has ever seen. I have been a Cowboys fan since Craig Morton was the quarterback.
jr15aggie
AG
PatAg said:

Duck Patrol said:

Unless they go to A&M
BassCowboy33
ce1994 said:

To be fair, 99% of Cowboys fans were wrong, too.
jtstanley4621
AG
Dak's demeanor is so unflappable. It's beyond impressive.
blackgoldag11
AG
11-1 baby, could be 12-0 without a Baylor brain fart in game 1
Macarthur
Macarthur said:

17 points should win this game.
Ag12thman
AG
That D is just not gonna be good enough in the playoffs, I'm afraid.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, a team like Seattle in the playoffs scares me a bit. A nasty enough defense to slow them down like tonight, but more offense to abuse this defense.

That said, I can't make too much of this one. I think both teams had a 3 games in 11 days hangover.
TyHolden
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, a team like Seattle in the playoffs scares me a bit. A nasty enough defense to slow them down like tonight, but more offense to abuse this defense.
nah, we'll stop dicking around and start tony in the playoffs.
Synopsis
I'm not a Cowboys fan. I'm not a hater either. But daaaamn, they are looking VERY good. Almost unbeatable. They keep this up, and they'll have another Superbowl ring at the end of this season.
Ag12thman
AG
Yes sir - I think the Cowboys are few defensive players short of a Super Bowl. Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think they have the horses on that side of the ball when the going gets tough in the playoffs. And we all saw last year (and really just about every year) with Von and Denver that defenses win titles.

Seattle, Atlanta, and New England (of course) would all be very tough to beat with the current Cowboy D.
tannerr0703
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

That said, I can't make too much of this one. I think both teams had a 3 games in 11 days hangover.

Yeah but this was literally our worst game of the season. And we have played 3 games in 12 freaking days against Washington, Baltimore, and Minnesota (two on the road). That is intense..

Rest up and they would be a good match for anyone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.