*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,414 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag Natural said:

Hopefully Romo is watching how Dak is using some tempo. I really haven't missed Romo running the play clock down to 1 second every play.

In the end, this will come down to those two guys and how they handle it. I think both Dak and Romo are great guys and this will all work out just fine. Dak has been saying this is Romo's team the whole time.

But the issue with this is that Dak does not have the full compliment of audibles that Romo does. There is a reason they use all the play clock.
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

Isn't it amazing how he's judged? I frequent another sports site and it is amazing to me how some of them just genuinely think Romo sucks. Period. It's clear that some people have something against Tony that has very little to do with on the field.

And it's sad because he's been a very good guy team-wise. He's been a very good citizen. Yet, he's vilified like few other NFL players.

This. I've had conversations with random Cowboys fan who think Romo has been holding this team back. You Just Have To Realize That By definition half Of All People Have Below Average Intelligence.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe Romo shouldn't have the full compliment he's been given in the past.

I made a similar observation last week. I think the improved tempo works in their favor. I also think if you make your offense overly check-happy, then you open yourself up to the defense dictating what you're doing and baiting you. There are times when you just need to pound it anyway.
jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I think the improved tempo works in their favor.
This is something I've been thinking about too. I forget how we all HATE it when Romo consistently bleeds the clock all the way down to 1 second before snapping it. How about after we run a good play let's get the play call in the huddle, get to the line, and snap the friggin football! No waiting, no letting the defense get all their adjustments in, snap the ball and let them try and stop us!!!

With regards to the "don't understand the hate of Romo"... he has a Star on his helmet, that is 90% of it!
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

Maybe Romo shouldn't have the full compliment he's been given in the past.

I made a similar observation last week. I think the improved tempo works in their favor. I also think if you make your offense overly check-happy, then you open yourself up to the defense dictating what you're doing and baiting you. There are times when you just need to pound it anyway.

I think one can make that argument. However, I really do think you have to let this thing play out due to Dak having 4 starts versus like 150 for Romo. These next two games will be very telling because Dak is going to face some top notch NFL defenses.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i'm starting Dak this week in fantasy so its pretty safe to say he'll probably come back down to earth this weekend and we'll all be asking for Romo again.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I think the improved tempo works in their favor.
This is something I've been thinking about too. I forget how we all HATE it when Romo consistently bleeds the clock all the way down to 1 second before snapping it. How about after we run a good play let's get the play call in the huddle, get to the line, and snap the friggin football! No waiting, no letting the defense get all their adjustments in, snap the ball and let them try and stop us!!!

With regards to the "don't understand the hate of Romo"... he has a Star on his helmet, that is 90% of it!

The Cowboyss are still the slowest team in the league in terms of running down the play clock in non-hurry up situations. The tempo hasn't changed that much.
birdman
Here is my main problem with the constant check downs and play changing.

Romo was usually right and made the smart decision. However, you have too many meatheads on rest of team. Somebody was going to run wrong route or blow their blocking assignment whenever he changed the play. Keep it simple.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Nah. Between Dez and TWill, this team has plenty of brainpower at WR. [/Jerry]
RedlineAg08
Sea Gull
AG
I started him last week.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
my starter RW is on bye this week. our benches are small so Dak was the best alternative out there imho.
RedlineAg08
you're killing my superstiousness. It always happens in FF. The moment you take that bench player that's been lighting it up and start him he scores 1 point lol
PooDoo
AG
According to Terez Owens... Dak's girlfriend

JFF got there 1st
PooDoo
AG
He sure is flamboyant...
RedlineAg08
I'm on board with our 1st round pick
jr15aggie
AG
PooDoo
AG
Looks like Green is out this week... down to 3rd string LT.
DTP02
AG
PooDoo said:

I thought I saw Tyron Smith returned to practice this week?
jr15aggie
AG
DTP02 said:

PooDoo said:

I thought I saw Tyron Smith returned to practice this week?
Tyron is most likely playing, but yeah, our O-line went from deep to paper thin in a frigging hurry. We love you Ron Leary, none of us really wanted to trade you, we was just teasin' a little!
PooDoo
AG
Broadside & crew at dallascowboys.com spent a segment talking about no Smith or Green, sounded like they thought it was unlikely he was going to play.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
looks like Jameil Showers is activated again.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

looks like Jameil Showers is activated again.
Why?

Dunbar & Dez not practicing (I gotta think Dez is very doubtful this week... I say it's likely they sit him through the bye-week).

And what's the deal with backs... that is seriously our injury of choice this year:
Romo: Broken Back
Tapper: Bad back... on IR I believe and perhaps his career is in jeopardy
Tyron: Bulging disc causing back spasms... possibly lingering issue all year
D-Law: Apparently he's been fighting nagging back discomfort since camp
Bailey: Bad back made worse by really soft beds at the hotel in San Fran last week (we are working out kickers just in case)

And I think I might be missing another bad back in there... sheesh!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Showers is active to contribute on special teams.
jr15aggie
AG
Pats just released Jonathan Cooper... I remember wanting that guy in the draft 3 years ago. I guess we settled for Frederick and Martin instead!
Ag Natural
AG
I wonder if anyone will criticize Belichik for tradING Chandler Jones for essentially nothing.
PooDoo
AG
A 2nd round pick isn't nothing... especially considering the Cards pick might be pretty high this year.

Trades like that is what keeps the Patriots reloading instead of rebuilding.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
any word on Dez? is he playing? need to know for fantasy.
corleoneAg99
AG
Ag Natural said:

I wonder if anyone will criticize Belichik for tradING Chandler Jones for essentially nothing.

Probably not.
corleoneAg99
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

any word on Dez? is he playing? need to know for fantasy.

Limited in practice and doubtful.
jr15aggie
AG
Something happened tonight: This is no longer Tony Romo's team.

This is not a Romo hate post. I, for one, have loved watching Romo and have constantly stuck up for him against the brainless fans that insisted he was the problem.

But this team took a step forward tonight. It took this step primarily behind two rookies, Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. And they took this step with 3 first round draft picks on the O-line (Smith, Frederick, & Martin) and Free and Leary leading the way.

And when the Cowboy's D seemed hopelessly lost with no pass rush, they just so happened to rally the same night our 2nd round draft pick from a few years ago returned.

Something happened tonight... this team just showed us the future. It's improbable and lucky at the same time, but this team is no longer restrained by Tony Romo's longevity.

These are the Dallas Cowboys and they are for real!

Agnzona
The Elliott 60 yard run doesn't happen if Tony is in the game. Herm Edwards was just diagramming why.
Ag Natural
AG
Romo will be a great insurance policy when he comes back. Easily the best backup QB in the league.
PooDoo
AG
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-line/
2017 FAs that might be had for a pick
Charles Johnson Car

Wonder what it would take to get Clowney from the Texans?

Joe Exotic
AG
Agree 100%. Someone was asking me the other day if I'd rather have Wentz or Dak. And I said Dak without question and before the could offer comparison stats and such I explain that it's not just Dak vs Wentz. It's Elliott/Dak vs Wentz because Dak was a 4th rounder. Getting that combo compared to what you usually have to give up for a top qb is a no brainer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.