*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,401 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will admit I haven't really broken down whether Dak is "top 10" or not. He's had a great year, and amazing year for a rookie.

But Zeke has an amazing year for any player. It's not even close in my mind on which if those two was MVP
PatAg
AG
Ag12thman said:

BMX Bandit said:

jr15aggie said:

Quote:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Lots of talk on shows about Rodgers as MVP

This I really don't understand... the guy was downright bad at times early in the season. The whole body of work does not = MVP... his last name is the only reason he's a top candidate.

I'm still surprised Dak isn't running away with this thing. Team went 4-12 w/out Romo last year and 1 year later (same hurt Romo) Dak has them on top of the NFC. No doubt Zeke & Dak have hurt each other by splitting some votes.

Love the guy, but Dak shouldn't be running away with the MVP. Not even close.

Rogers has a legit claim to that award again. It's going to be him or Ryan. Both worthy
Yep - agreed. Dak should not even be in the conversation. Elliott -- maybe, but it's that OL as much as it is him.

IMO, it's probably going to Rodgers, Ryan, or Brady. With the way Rodgers played the last 7 games, I'd be pretty surprised if it doesn't go to him. He played his team into a legit Super Bowl contender when it looked like they were going to miss the playoffs altogether -- and it was primarily HIS play that has them in the place they are.
It was also his play that had them missing the playoffs
Gigem Trevas
Just look at the two quarterbacks Romo vs Dak 2014 vs 2016. Dak's been really good for a rookie.
http://www.nfl.com/player/tonyromo/2505354/careerstats
http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/careerstats
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

I have no words for the people who said / backed up the statement about how Daks stats weren't top 10.

Last time I checked a 5:1 TD / Int ratio and a top 3 QB rating over 100 was ELITE! He also rushed for 6 TDs.

It's probably the most impressive stats for a rookie QB ever.

Then again, some of this is coming from the group that went on for 3+ pages about how playing Romo might be the right move.

Ok, besides wins & turnover % what are his other great stats?
CSWendt
Name 10 better QB's in the league
PooDoo
AG
CSWendt said:

Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Cam
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Rivers
Luck
Romo

CSWendt
PooDoo said:

CSWendt said:

Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Cam
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Rivers
Luck
Romo

The stats disagree with you this year. Romo, Rivers, Stafford, and Cam all had stats under Dak's.
Goldie Wilson
Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Ryan, Ben, Wilson, Cam, Carr, Luck, Mariota.

Bonus #11: Romo.
PooDoo
AG
Ok, now list the RBs better than Elliott.

CSWendt
I don't think I need to take the time and show you the stats to prove that Dak had a better season than Romo, Stafford, Wilson, Marriota, Rivers, and Cam.

As for Romo.....not even going to touch that
CSWendt
I'd probably say just Bell and David Johnson. But I think Elliot is an elite running back. I also think Dak has played at an elite level this season.
PooDoo
AG
Youre missing the point. I know Dak's a good QB but Elliott is a better RB than Dak is a QB.

CSWendt
I am fully aware you think he's a good QB. I'm saying he has played at an elite (top 10) level this season. You're saying he has not. Thus, the point we are both making.
PooDoo
AG
Ok, damn, then he's not a top 5 QB. Does that get everyone's panties out of their crack?

Goldie Wilson
CSWendt said:

I don't think I need to take the time and show you the stats to prove that Dak had a better season than Romo, Stafford, Wilson, Marriota, Rivers, and Cam.

As for Romo.....not even going to touch that
Ok this has to be a troll. Sunday can't get here soon enough
CSWendt
PooDoo said:

jr15aggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

Zeke is more deserving of ROTY.

Why?

How can you say he's more deserving? We all said for years "We are screwed if Romo gets hurt or when he retires". And we had proof with multiple seasons in the crapper when he got hurt. Not so much this year thanks to a rookie QB.

I'm just curious how a case can be made that either are more deserving. It's cool if it's as simple as "it's just my opinion"... Me personally, I can't choose... Love Zeke, Love Dak... Give it to them both!
Because in his rookie year, with minimal action in pre-season, is leading the league in rushing yards and is one of the best running backs in the league.

Dak isn't a top 10 QB, doesn't have great stats other than wins and turn over %.

In case you were curious about the point you were making and that we were discussing by me asking for your top 10 list of QB's.... but nice try in attempting to change the base of our discussion.

Not going to argue over what our argument was over....
PooDoo
AG
The discussion was who should be OROY.
birdman
Cam Newton? He was lousy this year.
CSWendt
Just so you can form your own opinions from this season:

Cam 3,509 yards 24 total TD 14 INT
Stafford 4,327 yards 26 total TD 10 INT
Romo ----------------------------------------------------
Wilson 4,219 yards 22 total TD 11 INT
Rivers 4,386 yards 33 total TD 21 INT
Mariota 3,426 yards 28 total TD 9 INT
Prescott 3,667 yards 29 total TD 4 INT
PooDoo
AG
Then take him out and Wilson.
PooDoo
AG
Shorter list....
PooDoo
AG
CSWendt said:

And Romo did finish the year with a 134 QBR.
CSWendt
PooDoo said:

CSWendt said:

And Romo did finish the year with a 134 QBR.
We're done here
PooDoo
AG
Good, stop derailing the OROY discussion by nit picking minor *****
jr15aggie
AG
We have officially gone full ******. I am ashamed to be a part of the last few pages. No idea what the hell we are taking about and how the hell we got to this lowly place!
BassCowboy33
CSWendt said:

PooDoo said:

CSWendt said:

Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Cam
Rodgers
Ryan
Stafford
Rivers
Luck
Romo

The stats disagree with you this year. Romo, Rivers, Stafford, and Cam all had stats under Dak's.

I think Stafford would be the best QB in football with a competent cast. That dude has been playing with an arm behind his back for his whole career.
BassCowboy33
edit: not worth reporting.
corleoneAg99
AG
jr15aggie said:

We have officially gone full ******. I am ashamed to be a part of the last few pages. No idea what the hell we are taking about and how the hell we got to this lowly place!

I'd say it's really only one poster but to their credit they walked it back.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I just love that this is even a debate.

I'd probably throw my vote to Zeke because he is without a doubt the best RB in the league - head and shoulders above the rest. And he wasn't just a Demarco Murray grinder. His explosive, game-breaking ability changed everything. The stat line is one thing (which was amazing), but the dimension he added and what he forces defenses into goes far beyond that line.
gougler08
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I'd probably throw my vote to Zeke because he is without a doubt the best RB in the league - head and shoulders above the rest. And he wasn't just a Demarco Murray grinder. His explosive, game-breaking ability changed everything. The stat line is one thing (which was amazing), but the dimension he added and what he forces defenses into goes far beyond that line.

Leveon Bell and David Johnson have an argument as well for best RB in the league, but considering what he did as a rookie, he should be a no doubt OPOY
PooDoo
AG
Agree... with the front office, coaches, OL, & lack of running game it's amazing how productive he is.
Bullmoose
AG
I'm really proud of romo this year, 0 interceptions and 0 smirks.
PooDoo
AG
jr15aggie said:

Playoffs got you stressed Jr? I can't believe the same guy busting into discussions during the draft like Mary Katherine Gallagher busting through bathroom stalls is worried about people going full ******... and I'm saying this with a smile on my face. </Jerry>
corleoneAg99
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Head and shoulders above Lev Bell and David Johnson?

Not IMO.

Zeke is amazing...but so are they.

Reginald Cousins
S
DannyDuberstein said:

One in here says Murray was better. He had more yards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.