*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,348 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Leadership is overrated.

No, its not. NEVER.

Yes. Always is. Bad teams can have great leadership. Talent trumps leadership.
Rudyjax
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

Haven't seen the 2nd half yet but I'm surprised they finally use a pass from Dez in a meaningless game.

I don't think they plan on using trick plays to win in the playoffs. If they do, I'm sure they have more than just that one. I could see a throw back to Dak. I think that was more of a "lets have some fun" moment. Kansas City did something similar.
A "lets have some fun" and a "look, here's something else you need to worry about" moment for upcoming opponents.

Exactly. I think sometimes people don't understand the game. The next time Dez comes around on the end around, the linebacker has to cover Witten until Dez crosses the line.

So you show your WR pass so the reverse will work next time?
We hoping Dez can pick up 5-10 extra yards on a reverse now because they have to cover Witten?

how do you know it isn't an option play?

All plays like that are a run pass option.
MooreTrucker
AG
Unthought Known said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Leadership is overrated.

No, its not. NEVER.

You may be one of the only people I know that thinks that way.

Trevor Knight is an example of leadership being important.
Rudyjax
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Unthought Known said:

91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

Leadership is overrated.

No, its not. NEVER.

You may be one of the only people I know that thinks that way.

Trevor Knight is an example of leadership being important.

No sir. His football play is why he's important. So because he got hurt he stopped being a leader?

Leadership is important and there are leaders on every good or bad football team. The greatest leader in the world means little if he can't play football.

I'm not saying it's not important. I'm saying it's overrated.
Goldie Wilson
Macarthur said:

rasher said:

So Dak and Sanchez will play but no Romo? Wtf?
I think they are wanting to minimize any opportunity to lessen his trade value, be it rust, diminished skills or injury.
That's pretty dumb of them.
PooDoo
AG
Unthought Known said:

MicheIangeIo said:

PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

Haven't seen the 2nd half yet but I'm surprised they finally use a pass from Dez in a meaningless game.

I don't think they plan on using trick plays to win in the playoffs. If they do, I'm sure they have more than just that one. I could see a throw back to Dak. I think that was more of a "lets have some fun" moment. Kansas City did something similar.
A "lets have some fun" and a "look, here's something else you need to worry about" moment for upcoming opponents.

Exactly. I think sometimes people don't understand the game. The next time Dez comes around on the end around, the linebacker has to cover Witten until Dez crosses the line.

We hoping Dez can pick up 5-10 extra yards on a reverse now because they have to cover Witten?

Still don't see what good it does in a meaningless game. Keep it under your hat until the playoffs.

Unless they are setting up a throw back to Dak I think it was a waste.
Rudyjax
AG
PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MicheIangeIo said:

PooDoo said:

Unthought Known said:

MooreTrucker said:

oldarmyag08 said:

PooDoo said:

Still don't see what good it does in a meaningless game. Keep it under your hat until the playoffs.

Unless they are setting up a throw back to Dak I think it was a waste.

any time Dez goes into motion like that they have to account for Dez. They have to also account for the pass.

And what better time to put that on film than in a meaningless game?
jr15aggie
AG
Aggie Football...

Doesn't matter, got Dak.
Doesn't matter, got ZEKE
Doesn't matter, #1 seed
Ag Natural
AG
You all realize that the reverse pass was run in a game they didn't need BECAUSE it was a game they didn't need. You won't see a play like that in the playoffs unless they are up big.
PooDoo
AG
So what was it, giving the defense something to worry about or a goof off play for ****s & giggles?

Save it for a something big like the Patriots did.
Macarthur
Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

rasher said:

I think they are wanting to minimize any opportunity to lessen his trade value, be it rust, diminished skills or injury.

Well, that depends. If romo got in the game and got hurt or sucked, it isn't really dumb. It's a gamble.
Phat32
AG
Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

rasher said:

I agree. So all the sudden we play for 2017-2018 season?

If Dak gets injured in this game, people should tear Cowboys Stadium down.

That is beyond silly. You're jeopardizing the current stellar season to maybe protect a trade prospect.
Goldie Wilson
Macarthur said:

Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

rasher said:

Well, that depends. If romo got in the game and got hurt or sucked, it isn't really dumb. It's a gamble.
Better to figure out his level of durability now rather than when you actually need him. Any potential trade value is just found money. Sure a 2nd would be better than a 5th, but either way it's just icing.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

rasher said:

Better to figure out his level of durability now rather than when you actually need him. Any potential trade value is just found money. Sure a 2nd would be better than a 5th, but either way it's just icing.
Yup. Need two 2nd rounders next draft since we threw ours in a dumpster and lit it on fire this year.
BMX Bandit
Don't see anyone giving a 2nd for him.

3rd maybe
Macarthur
Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

rasher said:

Well, again, it's a gamble. If you're right and Dak gets injured, we could be screwed.

But if Dak doesn't get injured, you have the 'perception' that Romo is still the old Romo for trade purposes.

I don't know that is what they are thinking, but I could see where that would be their line of thinking.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I can see a realistic Romo trade looking like 3rd rounder in 17 and a conditional late round pick in 18.
Goldie Wilson
Macarthur said:

Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

Dan 07 said:

Macarthur said:

rasher said:

Well, again, it's a gamble. If you're right and Dak gets injured, we could be screwed.

But if Dak doesn't get injured, you have the 'perception' that Romo is still the old Romo for trade purposes.

I don't know that is what they are thinking, but I could see where that would be their line of thinking.
Yeah I understand the reasoning, I'm just saying it's dumb (if that is their reasoning).
MooreTrucker
AG
PooDoo said:

So what was it, giving the defense something to worry about or a goof off play for ****s & giggles?

Save it for a something big like the Patriots did.
It could be both. And they may never use it again, but it gives the opposing D something else to worry about.
Macarthur
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I can see a realistic Romo trade looking like 3rd rounder in 17 and a conditional late round pick in 18.

Didn't an older broken down Palmer get two firsts?
Agnzona
They will diminish Romos trade value by not playing him. And what is the plan if Dak gets hurt in the playoffs? If it's to play Romo than its extremely dumb not to give him at least the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm glad they aren't playing Romo. This is a glorified scrimmage, and the Eagles have always been dirty. I can see them trying to intentionally hurt Romo to hurt his value and our playoff chances. If we were playing someone outside the NFC East I would want him to get a few drives, but no way against the Eagles.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CSWendt
I have a feeling a few seasons from now you will feel very differently about being able to grab a guy like Jaylon Smith in the 2nd round.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

My memory maybe off but that was with an Al Davis led Raiders team i think? Al loved to overpay in his last years.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

My memory maybe off but that was with an Al Davis led Raiders team i think? Al loved to overpay in his last years.
jteagle
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

I'm glad they aren't playing Romo. This is a glorified scrimmage, and the Eagles have always been dirty. I can see them trying to intentionally hurt Romo to hurt his value and our playoff chances. If we were playing someone outside the NFC East I would want him to get a few drives, but no way against the Eagles.
Yeah in my humble opinion it is much more likely that Romo gets hurt than Dak. I'm ok with Sanchez taking the snaps this week. If he gets hurt nobody cares at all.
BMX Bandit

Macarthur said:

Raiders gave a 1st & 2nd.

Palmer was 31 and played in all 32 games the two previous years before he was traded.

Romo will be 37 and has played in 4 games the past two seasons.

Mozart Paintings
AG
Stop it with your facts dude.
Agnzona
So then who comes in during the 4th qtr of the NFC championship game if Dak twist his ankle down by 7?
Goldie Wilson
Agnzona said:

So then who comes in during the 4th qtr of the NFC championship game if Dak twist his ankle down by 7?
A twisted ankle? Dak better get his ass back in the game
jteagle
AG
Agnzona said:

Dez
Señor Chang
AG
The Raiders traded him to the Cardinals two years later and got almost nothing.

Quote:

As part of the deal, the Cardinals sent the second of their sixth-round picks (176th overall) to the Raiders in exchange for Oakland's seventh-round pick (219th overall). In addition, the Raiders will receive a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft if Palmer starts 13 games for Arizona in 2013, a league source told ESPN.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Agnzona said:

Kosar
MooreTrucker
AG
Agnzona said:

Romo. He might be a little rusty, but he does have many years of experience.
Macarthur
Seor Chang said:

The Raiders traded him to the Cardinals two years later and got almost nothing.

Quote:

As part of the deal, the Cardinals sent the second of their sixth-round picks (176th overall) to the Raiders in exchange for Oakland's seventh-round pick (219th overall). In addition, the Raiders will receive a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft if Palmer starts 13 games for Arizona in 2013, a league source told ESPN.

So Palmer isn't a good example, but minn gave up a ton for Bradford. Sam F'ing Bradford.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.