*** COWBOYS 2016 Season ***

280,299 Views | 3441 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag Natural
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

jr15aggie said:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/11/07/cowbuzz-mannequinchallenge-goes-viral-after-win-over-browns

ROFL!!!

Not sure what the Mannequin Challenge is, but I think the Cowboys nailed it. LOL, putting Romo in the "stow away" compartment, Zeke showing his abs... LOL... awesome!!!
NO, bad jr15aggie, bad!

Lol, what? Did I stumble onto some bad internet thing? I'm getting closer to 40 so I fear I'm not to be trusted with any modern trends.
Ag Natural
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

The more I look at it the more I'm convinced you just bring in two or three cheap guys a year until you find a couple who seem to get it.
So, you'd do what the Cowboys did around 2001? Yeah...

I hear Cleveland has a football team.

The Cowboys got lucky with Romo after a lot of miserable seasons and they got lucky with Dak. Just enjoy it and lets hope we don't have a QB vacancy for a long time.

(Pardon my sarcasm)

Well, the 2001 cowboys repeatedly reached for guys and committed to them in succession. I'm saying I'd bring in a few possible options and not commit to any of them until an open competition reveals one that is worthy. Selecting a QB very high should only be done if you are 80% certain... and really those guys don't come around often but once they do they stick around as the stats say.

So yeah, half the league's starting QBS are top ten picks but not all top ten picks are good ones. AND those misses hurt the franchise worse than bad later picks.
jr15aggie
AG
Seattle looking pretty decent on MNF.

Looks like the class of the NFC this year is Dallas, Atlanta, and Seattle.
Ag12thman
AG
jr15aggie said:

Yep. I can't figure how Arizona and Carolina have played as bad as they have this season. Arizona is absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball and the fact that they have the record they do has me still scratching my head, especially.
BassCowboy33
jr15aggie said:

With refs like that, no way they lose...
BassCowboy33
Seattle defense giving up oodles of yards and points.
jtstanley4621
AG
To put it kindly, I strongly dislike the Seahawks. Seems like they somehow always pull out some incredibly favorable calls, or missed calls. Tonight was a good example. I would love to run the ball right through Sherman and Thomas's stupid faces
ChoppinDs40
AG
NFL is all about QB play and Carson palmer kinda sucks.

Where Dallas has made everyone feel like they're taking crazy pills is their unique ability to just line up and run it down your throats. Everyone knows it's coming but there's just not much you can do about it.

It's demoralizIng and when you have a serviceable QB (unlike last year), play action and bootlegs are deadly.
Macarthur
jtstanley4621 said:

To put it kindly, I strongly dislike the Seahawks. Seems like they somehow always pull out some incredibly favorable calls, or missed calls. Tonight was a good example. I would love to run the ball right through Sherman and Thomas's stupid faces

Agree 1000%
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Agree 1000%
Yeah, I think I might retract my statement. Dallas & Atlanta are the class of the NFC.

Seattle is still that annoying team that gets all the calls (or no calls) and has Cardinal kickers miss 10 yard field goals in OT. Wilson is a really good guy in person, but I can't stand anything about that team, including their coach who loves to complain and whine at the same officials that are trying their best to help him win.
Gigem Trevas
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Agree 1000%
Yeah, I think I might retract my statement. Dallas & Atlanta are the class of the NFC.

Seattle is still that annoying team that gets all the calls (or no calls) and has Cardinal kickers miss 10 yard field goals in OT. Wilson is a really good guy in person, but I can't stand anything about that team, including their coach who loves to complain and whine at the same officials that are trying their best to help him win.

The whole debacle of the last three seconds of the half made me turn the game off. The fix was in for the Seahawks as usual.
jr15aggie
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Agree 1000%

The whole debacle of the last three seconds of the half made me turn the game off. The fix was in for the Seahawks as usual.
Then you missed the best part... 4th down and goal at the end of the game, Buffalo trying to tie it... Sherman literally blows up a WR running into the end zone (this is 15+ yards down field mind you). No flag, nothing, nadda, zilch! He literally knocks the receiver on his ass. According to the refs that is allowed!

Sherman could tear his ACL tomorrow and it will be one of the few times I won't say, "that's tough, I hate seeing players get hurt".
Gigem Trevas
No the best part is they would have been down 3 and could have kicked a game tying field goal. However since Seattle knew they had to go for the end zone it was easier to sit back and play coverage. God I hate that team and all the favorable calls their thug players get. Sips of the NFL.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I thought the Cowboys were the sips of the nfl? At least thats what Texans fans have been trying to tell us!
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

Gigem Trevas said:

jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Agree 1000%

Then you missed the best part... 4th down and goal at the end of the game, Buffalo trying to tie it... Sherman literally blows up a WR running into the end zone (this is 15+ yards down field mind you). No flag, nothing, nadda, zilch! He literally knocks the receiver on his ass. According to the refs that is allowed!

Sherman could tear his ACL tomorrow and it will be one of the few times I won't say, "that's tough, I hate seeing players get hurt".
I don't like the Hawks much either. But technically if the QB leaves the pocket the 5 yard contact rule is gone and you can knock the WRs on their assess. So that play might have been legal... you'd need to double check when exactly it happen in relation to the scramble.
BassCowboy33
Ag Natural said:

jr15aggie said:

Gigem Trevas said:

jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Agree 1000%

I don't like the Hawks much either. But technically if the QB leaves the pocket the 5 yard contact rule is gone and you can knock the WRs on their assess. So that play might have been legal... you'd need to double check when exactly it happen in relation to the scramble.
And to nitpick a little, I've never liked the illegal contact rule, or at least how it's applied. If you're going to call it, make sure it's on someone who actually Sherman's a receiver, not this wimpy touch the guy like a dandelion in the wind call that we see every week.
PooDoo
AG
What's not to like about Sherman? Plays tough & smart. Would love to see him on the Cowboys.
jtstanley4621
AG
He's just kind of a dick. And he holds on a good majority of plays. He's obviously an elite corner, but he annoys me.

I remember in the Superbowl Revis gave up a TD and Sherman found a camera and mouthed Revis' number, taunting him... Few non-Cowboys or A&M sports moment brought me more joy than seeing his face go from pure joy after that absurd catch to get to the goal line to him having to just sit in the loss after Wilson threw that game ending interception. Sucked that it had to be to the Patriots that won, but still.

Combine how unlikable their defense as a whole is (despite having some aggies) and the whole fake 12th man thing, and the Seahawks make my blood boil in a very unique way. I hate Pete Carroll too. Very punchable face.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

But technically if the QB leaves the pocket the 5 yard contact rule is gone and you can knock the WRs on their assess. So that play might have been legal... you'd need to double check when exactly it happen in relation to the scramble.
QB wasn't out of the pocket yet. He was drifting to his left a little at the time, but that was it. The WR ran straight at Sherman and Sherman decked him.

Again, it's why many people view him as that little 'you know what' on the playground... cheap shot, loud mouth, etc.
Gigem Trevas
jtstanley4621 said:

He's just kind of a dick. And he holds on a good majority of plays. He's obviously an elite corner, but he annoys me.

I remember in the Superbowl Revis gave up a TD and Sherman found a camera and mouthed Revis' number, taunting him... Few non-Cowboys or A&M sports moment brought me more joy than seeing his face go from pure joy after that absurd catch to get to the goal line to him having to just sit in the loss after Wilson threw that game ending interception. Sucked that it had to be to the Patriots that won, but still.

Combine how unlikable their defense as a whole is (despite having some aggies) and the whole fake 12th man thing, and the Seahawks make my blood boil in a very unique way. I hate Pete Carroll too. Very punchable face.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm not sure how elite he is vs. how much he just gets to play under a different set of rules because of past reputation or that officials just don't want to flag him every play. He gets away with an incredible amount of contact throughout pass routes that other defenders don't. So it's no shocker that he seems like a very good corner when he's allowed to hit, grab, and tug on WR's constantly.
jr15aggie
AG
Sorry to break up the Sherman hate parade, but I heard today that the Cowboys, in 8 games, have matched last years TD total. Wow!
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

Sorry to break up the Sherman hate parade, but I heard today that the Cowboys, in 8 games, have matched last years TD total. Wow!
That's pretty surprising seeing as how they were so prolific last year.
Rudyjax
AG
jr15aggie said:

Romo sucks! Dak rules!!
jr15aggie
AG
Apparently there is a big nation wide vote happening tonight... Wonder if the people will choose Romo or Dak.
PooDoo
AG
Guess Sanchez would be Gary Johnson in that scenario.
Rudyjax
AG
PooDoo said:

Guess Sanchez would be Gary Johnson in that scenario.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Romo says' he's been cleared 100% and ready to get back to playing.

Let the QB drama/circus begin.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Romo says' he's been cleared 100% and ready to get back to playing.

Let the QB drama/circus begin.
LOL, I'm so over even caring at this point. The Cowboys are having a great year and the future building blocks are now set. I don't really care either way who plays. Heck, throw Romo in vs. the Steelers (at their house) and let's see what happens!

Or don't. Point is, make a decision and stick with it so we can get along with this great season we are having!
RedlineAg08
I honestly believe there won't be any controvesy regardless of who they pick. I think Dak mature enough to see that Romo is still the man, and his time is coming. And I know Romo is professional enough to accept it if they want to ride the hot hand.

And I don't care either way. Just Win Baby!
PooDoo
AG
If Dak's smart he knows Tony is the 100 million dollar man & doesn't get his ego bruised if they play Romo. Barring a collapse or miracle it will be 100% Dak's job next year.
jr15aggie
AG
Best case scenario... Tony takes over and takes us all the way. On the last play of the Super Bowl Tony throws a game winning TD (to his BFF Witten of course) while taking a huge hit. Tony gets up (while his team rushes the field in victory) and thinks to himself, "That hit hurt and dang near broke all of my ribs... I think I'm done". He spends the next two week celebrating and then announces retirement.

Cowboys then win next 3 Super Bowls with Dak, Zeke, and a few new faces paid for by the free cap space from Romo's departure. During the offseason Dak & Zeke get new eleventy million dollar contracts and we are too cap poor to sign anybody else.

We spend the next 5 years bottom feeding with Dak & Zeke surrounded by young scrubs. And then Witten retires.
jtstanley4621
AG
jr15aggie said:

Best case scenario... Tony takes over and takes us all the way. On the last play of the Super Bowl Tony throws a game winning TD (to his BFF Witten of course) while taking a huge hit. Tony gets up (while his team rushes the field in victory) and thinks to himself, "That hit hurt and dang near broke all of my ribs... I think I'm done". He spends the next two week celebrating and then announces retirement.

Cowboys then win next 3 Super Bowls with Dak, Zeke, and a few new faces paid for by the free cap space from Romo's departure. During the offseason Dak & Zeke get new eleventy million dollar contracts and we are too cap poor to sign anybody else.

We spend the next 5 years bottom feeding with Dak & Zeke surrounded by young scrubs. And then Witten retires.
That "best case scenario" went off the rails a bit there at the end.
jr15aggie
AG
Of course it did... the more I talk the crazier it gets!
jr15aggie
AG
Heard today that Dallas has 18 sacks on the year and Pittsburgh has 11.

Now who here would have put money on the fact that we'd have significantly more sacks than the Steelers at mid-season. Wow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.