Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2017

715,403 Views | 3233 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
JoeCephas1974
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sean98 said:

Bigger question is why the hell are you killing all these snakes?

...and you know, would you be willing to share a little more personal info since you're admitting to breaking the law multiple times on a public message board.
East Texas, late '70's my attitude towards snakes was a lot different back then. All snakes were considered evil.
SabineAg
AG
Sean98
AG
Found this guy today while bird hunting.

Sean98
AG
I know, I know, vertical filming. Still a cool video.

He was super chill when I picked him up and moved him around, but got super pissed once I put him back down.
Badace52
AG
Bullsnakes are mean buggers...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oruc Reis
AG
Rat snake? 5+' and was playing dead

ttha_aggie_09
AG
That appears to be the case. Why did you scare him? (Jk)
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Sean98 said:

Found this guy today while bird hunting.

Is that not a Rattlesnake? Why were you picking it up?!?
Badace52
AG
It's a nonvenomous bullsnake. Their bark is much worse than their bite. They have a pretty bad temperment in general though and definitely will bite you if you mess with them, but they try like hell to scare you off with their grandstanding first.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sean98
AG
Like badace said, not a rattlesnake. It's a bullsnake. He was staged up right along a cattle trail in the Sand Hills of Nebraska waiting for a rodent to come along, but we came along instead. He was really pretty docile while I was handling him but then got agitated when I put him back down. I used the opportunity to do a quick snake training session with my dogs. They were curious when he got all puffed up but the e-Collar made them less curious real quick.

Good snakes who try to imitate rattlesnakes to ward off bigger predator species. All in all they're pretty cool and probably my favorite snake.
MouthBQ98
AG
Found another, or maybe the same, baby rat snake hunting Geckos around my back porch last night.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Whoa... you saw a snake that wasn't a copperhead?
Allen76
AG
Bullsnakes not only look a little like a rattlesnake, they are also capable of a stuttered hiss that mimics the rattle

The first time I heard that hiss I thought sure I was looking at a rattler, even though the sound isn't exactly the same as an actual rattle of a rattlesnake.
ellebee
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Whoa... you saw a snake that wasn't a copperhead?

His copperheads have now started skinning other snakes to wear their skin and lull him info a false sense of complacency.
Rosko19
So I'm doing volunteer work in the Conroe area. Someone told me to be careful and sent this picture. First, what is dis animal, and second, is it possible to be in Conroe (maybe a released pet), or is it fake news? Thanks [img][\img][/img]IMG_3732.jpeg
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Try loading again

Need to use a site like Imgur to upload
Rosko19
Trying to figure out pictures on my phone
SteveBott
AG
Rookies cannot post images
BrayK15
AG

Finally got it, helping out Rosco. Fake news or possible? Also identity?
Badace52
AG
Apparently no one can post images today...
ttha_aggie_09
AG
You need to email to someone on here. I don't have a good private email otherwise I would offer mine up.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Looks like a Burmese. Definitely not a local either way... not sure that is Conroe though. Plants in background look, off.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
It is plausible that someone's pet escaped and is roaming around neighborhoods. Good thing not a lot of people have 8-10ft+ Burmese pythons as pets in TX.
BrayK15
AG
Thanks, that what I thought
Badace52
AG
Additionally, a Burmese python is very unlikely to go after an adult human. Maybe an African rock python or a reticulated python, but not a burmese.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Exactly. And we're talking about a 20' snake (maybe 18 on rock python) before that is even likely.
OnlyForNow
AG
I dunnno that's a small citrus tree in the foreground, could easily be ligustrum in the other yard.

I'll call it plausible.
Sean98
AG
Tell them to chop it with a machete. Last thing we need is damned invasive snakes cruising around. I know it's probably cold enough to kill them off in the winter, but no need to wait if they can see that one.
Qfaced~ag
AG
Nut shooters should be there any minute.
Txgunrnnr
AG
Qfaced~ag said:

Nut shooters should be there any minute.
Shoot 'em in the nuts!
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Spotted Ag
AG
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Spotted Ag
AG
Screw it can't get the pic to upload.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
agcrock2005
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Screw it can't get the pic to upload.

I'm right there with you. TA seems to be constantly changing the ways to add pictures. For me, I was using the "insert an image" button a couple weeks ago when I was told that you don't need to use that, but just paste the link into your text and it will pop up. That works for me, but I still don't understand why you have the stupid button if you don't need it, or if it won't work with certain links. There's got to be a better way to post images!
Post removed:
by user
Spotted Ag
AG
[url=][/url]Hey guys, help me out with an ID. Sorry for the link only. Haven't figured out the new way to post pics yet.

https://goo.gl/p46Rtj

The skinny tail is throwing me off, but the pattern on the head look like rat snake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.