Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2017

715,424 Views | 3233 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
ellebee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Badace52 said:

I really wish my friends would ask me what kind of snake it is before they kill it...

I hate seeing that. I tried to teach a guy at work about which ones were venomous and he was like "nope! They all die". I told him he was a *****, but we're friends so I can call him that.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Doing the Lord's work. Good job.
ellebee
I do what I can.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Next time tell him to get the sand out of his vag and man the f up!
Badace52
AG
It was a woman in my case.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ellebee
I would've said more to that effect if he weren't a few cubicle rows over when we were having the conversation. I had to be somewhat hr friendly with my response. He's like a brother (actually more like sister now that badace mentions it).
ellebee
Typical. I really don't get why so many people are scared of snakes. Although I'm irrationally terrified of cockroaches but have no issue handling a new world tarantula.
tx4guns
AG
I try to shame every one of them I see on FB now. Lady killed a checkered garter snake before the storm the other day and I about lost my shiat. Told her she must like mice.
mrsbeer05
AG
tx4guns said:

I try to shame every one of them I see on FB now. Lady killed a checkered garter snake before the storm the other day and I about lost my shiat. Told her she must like mice.

How the hell does anytime think a freaking garter snake is dangerous?!? Freaking moron
zooguy96
Poor Hognose snake. . Looks like the one I have. He's only 10" long.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Fairview
AG
Found this guy dead walking the dog tonight.

12f Mane
AG
You live in Colorado?
cadetjay02
AG
Found this guy dead in my pool this morning. 1st snake I've seen around in a couple years. It's about 12-14".

Doesn't meet the criteria to be worried about in my inexpert opinion. What is it?

OnlyForNow
AG
Great Plains rat snake?

It's not a venomous snake at any length.
Fairview
AG
12f Mane said:

You live in Colorado?

Yep.

He's smaller than he looks in the pic. A little bigger than the diameter of a pencil.
12f Mane
AG
Wandering gartersnake
SabineAg
AG

This snake bit my friends dog. She thinks it's a rat snake, I said no way. What say you OB?
DJV2012
AG
Guessing broad banded water snake. I am pretty sure it's a water snake from vertical stripes on mouth but will let experts confirm.
DJV2012
AG
After consulting google, going to revise guess to blotched water snake
Sean98
AG
Either way, dog is fine. Great snake to give the dog a little snake training.
SabineAg
AG
Thanks for the speedy responses, I said I'm not good enough to say for sure what it was but knew it wasn't a rat snake. But from a $500 learning experience with a snake bit dog, I said to put it in the kennel and give it some benedryl and pepcid if you notice any swelling.
JoeCephas1974
The Original AG 76 said:

BuddysBud said:

It did not get any squirrels this time. It was too close to the neighbor's grandkids that were playing in the yard. He said that he moved it to the back of his property. He did not say how he moved it. He wanted to let me know in case I run into it. I would not mind if it took out a few squirrels and groundhogs at my place.
Grimes county as in OUR Grimes County ??? Not to doubt this but perhaps one of our experts could comment on a timber rattler in this part of the world.
When you said " moved" are you telling us that your friend moved a live timber rattler ?? Really ! Brave man..I hope he was a well trained experienced snake guy.
Oh yes. We visited friends in Iola several years ago and killed a 4' timber rattler in their "front yard". I grew up around Woodville and have ran across many "cane - break" timber rattler's up to six feet plus. We had one rattler on our deer lease between Livingston and Woodville that was six feet three inches with 20 or 21 rattles and a button and the next day, in the same spot killed one that was five-ten with only four rattles.
Tursiops93
AG
I live in Schertz (Just north of SA) and just found this little guy after the dog ran right over the top of it. Sorry for the dispatch, but he doesn't mix well with kids and dogs. 2 neighbors have also killed rattlers over the past few days!

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Fairview said:

Found this guy dead walking the dog tonight.

You need to sharpen your mower blades!!
Sean98
AG
Bigger question is why the hell are you killing all these snakes?

...and you know, would you be willing to share a little more personal info since you're admitting to breaking the law multiple times on a public message board.
txags92
AG
Sean98 said:

Bigger question is why the hell are you killing all these snakes?
Well, you see, the feral hogs are making them not rattle anymore and...
SteveBott
AG
Nice reply.
Dengus
AG

Near the llano river. ID? Rat snake or light water moccasin? I'm a rookie
Post removed:
by user
Drillbit4
AG
Bull snake?
Log
AG
That's a Bull Snake, and he's getting ready to say "Come at me bro!" if you get out of your truck.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Bullsnake 100%
agcrock2005
AG
Log said:

That's a Bull Snake, and he's getting ready to say "Come at me bro!" if you get out of your truck.
Looks pissed!
ellebee
Dengus said:

Near the llano river. ID? Rat snake or light water moccasin? I'm a rookie

Can you please send us the after pics of your legs with a bunch of holes in them?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.