Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2017

715,408 Views | 3233 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
ellebee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guys... MouthBQ hasn't posted since the 8th. Either he's really busy gluing on mini neon Mohawks or... well...
helloag99

http://thechive.com/2017/07/11/group-comes-dangerously-close-to-letting-rattlesnake-board-their-boat-video/
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Exact same thing happened to me on the inter coastal in Galveston. Don't look like land to a snake that's been swimming...
MouthBQ98
AG
Another 18" copperhead in the traps this morning. It got a free ride to the edge of the property.
ellebee
YOU'RE ALIVE!!
txags92
AG
ellebee said:

YOU'RE ALIVE!!
He must have been busy building a new shed so he could sell the house...
The Original AG 76
AG
Just curious how many acres you have ? Unless it a bunch sounds like you might just be giving Mr Snake a nice morning workout opportunity as he returns to his original home.
Bet your neighbors like all the poisonous presents they seems to be getting !
MouthBQ98
AG
10 acres, but I have a quarter mile long drive to get to it. I let them go way down the drive near a small creek and hope they follow it away from my house.
AZAG08
AG
Do you at least make a few extra turns to confuse them before you let them go?
ellebee
The Original AG 76 said:

Just curious how many acres you have ? Unless it a bunch sounds like you might just be giving Mr Snake a nice morning workout opportunity as he returns to his original home.

Venomous
The Original AG 76
AG
ellebee said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Venomous
I was waiting for that..
Ag83
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

ellebee said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Venomous
I was waiting for that..

You just had to know it was coming.
The Original AG 76
AG
Ag83 said:

The Original AG 76 said:

ellebee said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Venomous
I was waiting for that..

You just had to know it was coming.
CLIP !!!!!
ellebee
The Original AG 76 said:

ellebee said:

The Original AG 76 said:

Venomous
I was waiting for that..

In all fairness I waited for at least 2 hours to see if anyone else would say it so I wouldn't have to.
EMY92
AG
I saw this guy on my walk this morning.

Badace52
AG
Nice coral. Location?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EMY92
AG
Woodway
12f Mane
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Magazine, Mr. Gangsta!!!!!!
jgh85Ag
AG
Maybe he has a m1 garand?
TheCougarHunter
AG
3-4 foot black rat snake in the backyard this morning. Wife reported it and I went after it with an axe. After one swing and a miss I decided to let it go because it's just a rat snake. Still chilling in the back yard somewhere.
txags92
AG
The reason you missed was that little voice in the back of your head telling you to take a picture and post it here instead...
Hamburger Dan
I've lived in BFE North Central Texas my whole life, now live in West Texas. I would give anything to find a coral snake in the wild. Coolest thing out there.
zooguy96
I've only seen one wild coral snake. Just happened to see it on a hike I gave one time.
EMY92
AG
This one was right outside my door last September:

Brush Country
I've probably seen a handful of corals at our ranch in SE Live Oak County over the years. Didn't realize they were that hard to come across.
SabineAg
AG
Not sure which is more embarassing, that you swung an axe at a snake and missed or that you identified it as non-venomous and tried to kill it still
Your Friend
PalomaPachanga said:

Not sure which is more embarassing, that you swung an axe at a snake and missed or that you identified it as non-venomous and tried to kill it still
NoahAg
PalomaPachanga said:

NoahAg
zooguy96 said:

I've only seen one wile coral snake. Just happened to see it on a hike I gave one time.
I've seen 2, both in Ft. Bend County. Have never seen a rattlesnake in the wild though.
TheCougarHunter
AG
PalomaPachanga said:

Alright Dick it started moving mid swing and at the time I had no idea if it was venomous or not until I got a better took at it. t was in the backyard where the dogs are and I didn't want them getting bit.
thirty-two
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

PalomaPachanga said:

Dick
BOOM!
SabineAg
AG
JaneDoe02
AG
My 13 y/o son is spending the week at grandma's house in East Texas and called me to tell me he'd killed a copperhead.

Proud momma moment when he texted me this picture. (Proud that he correctly ID'd it)
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So, would he be grounded if it was a hognose?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.