Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2017

715,396 Views | 3233 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would imagine that is correct based on the information above. I think there is another species in India that's pretty bad too. I don't remember what it is at this time though.
Harry Stone
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Would imagine that is correct based on the information above. I think there is another species in India that's pretty bad too. I don't remember what it is at this time though.
Russell's Viper
4stringAg
AG
12f Mane said:

And on that last point, I think the vast majority involve alcohol.
And probably preceeded by the words: "Hey hold my beer..."
Badace52
AG
The russell's viper is responsible fornthe most fatalities from snakebite in the world due primarily to the fact that they love to live near human habitations in the most densely populated large country in the world which happens tp have a poor emergency care system.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sean98
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Australia is a much more lethal* place for snakes

In the sense of number of venomous species... couple of countries in SE Asia have some serious death rates by snakes. The death rate is like inflated by the availability of treatment and antivenom.
Dangerous snakes and tiny humans.
Dr. Faustus
AG

Killed by my friend's husband at the edge of a driveway in Spring, TX. Would've been left alone, but the cats were about to start a fight with it. Stated it was approximately 2 1/2 ft long.

I've been learning a ton from this year's thread as well as last year's. However, I'm not nearly as proficient as most of y'all on here. I've never seen a pattern like that on a snake's belly before. I'm guessing water snake because I think I'm seeing stripes on his jaw. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though.

What say ye, all-knowing OB?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Broad Banded water snake
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Come on folks we are slipping. Gots ta get my snake thread fix eryday.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Someone jacked up and posted a snake pic outside of this thread. So we actually had two today
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
Found this nasty mofo between the house and the barn - so we made his head disappear and put him in the freezer.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Location?
Oso96
AG
Rat (tle) snake

How long is he?
1990AG
AG
only black X's I see...
agent-maroon
AG
Try right clicking the icon and use the "open image in a new tab/window" option.

That worked for me
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
carpe vinum
AG
from somewhere on the internet

LisaMarie
AG
That's just a ratsnake. Poor guy!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Saw this on facebook yesterday and was waiting for it to pop up here. The comments on it were hysterical!
MathNewman06
AG
Reptile day at the library.
Getting the kid started early - he loved it, despite his expression in the picture.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Ball python!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Reptile day at the library.
Getting the kid started early - he loved it, despite his expression in the picture.

Your kid's expression looks like me these days after one too many beers.

Great pic and cute kid!
1990AG
AG
carpe vinum said:

from somewhere on the internet

Was in Atlanta a few days ago. they interviewed the guy who said he was OK with it because he had watched the Crocodile Hunter
zooguy96
[img][/img]
[img][/img][img][/img]

Rattle snake I found in the Austin area. Pretty dark phase for the area.

Eastern Hognose - part of my snake collection now.
Ag83
AG
And now this little guy in the driveway this morning.

chickencoupe16
AG
Been trying to make my way through the 2016 thread and then this, but I've not made much progress. Lots learned with plenty more to come. Anyway, I saw this on Facebook and instantly thought of this thread. Is it just me or does this guy die a horrible death very soon?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Probably not. He likely has antivenom on site given the species he has.

This actually is a good demonstration of how snakes are when they go into feeding or predatory mode, when they're domesticated. Snakes like those know the second their door opens they're getting a meal or an occasional tank cleaning. It trains them very quickly...

When you have snakes that you handle, like pythons, this is why it is recommended to fee them outside the tank. We fed ours in the bathtub. Most of our snakes wouldn't strike at a person when picking up or handling... the second you set one down in the tub it was game on.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Awesome hognose! Really cool coloration on that western too.
chickencoupe16
AG
Yeah, the death part was as exaggeration, but is he soon to be bit or not? Just seems really dumb to let venomous snakes roam around the floor with your back turned.
Log
AG
For most people, I'd say yes, they going to die a very painful death, and soon.

However, that's Viper Keeper. Dude is somewhat of a modern day Bill Haast, who lived to the ripe old age of almost 101, and was bitten by hots over 170 times.
JM84
Here's the dude that tagged my ex's dogs earlier tonight. It was dead when she found it but it must have put up a pretty good fight because their heads are puffed up pretty good. The lab took one right on the nose.

Brush Country
How are the dogs this morning?
Legal Custodian
AG
Coworker killed this guy behind their shop in Tyler, TX. Speckled King?

?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
12f Mane
AG
Yes
Thisguy1
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Location? No ID needed I presume.
JM84
Still swole up a bit but looks like they're gonna be fine. Steroid/penicillin combo shot that my vet buddy gave them probably didn't hurt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.